Let's be real .

SmokeyB

I got over 4000 hours on ark and still playing it . It is the best money per hour game you can buy . No one who brought ark got ripped off.  They all got a good deal , when compared to games like no man's sky , the division and red dead redemption ark is the deal of a life time. These AAA game company's sell you 30 hours of unoriginal cruddy game play for £60 And no one says anything . 

Atlas will be another ark . It will give you thousands of hours of game play for very little money . So stop spreading a hate train and start playing . Games made by these devs are good value . Don't be a sheep and listen to bad reviews from sad 12 yr olds that wanted see of thieves. Ark is dying and this is our next game to move too.

22 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Ark is dying and this is our next game to move too.

People keep saying this yet I have yet to see any evidence to back up this claim. Taking steam numbers as an indicator (dont know if its possible to check console) the game is not dying, population seems stable. Although this could change now that the 'final' DLC is out and so to is Atlas.

20181226_011720.thumb.jpg.c666e0c4a4ec88462868c10a027a6161.jpg

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110#All

English seems a bit off or you're a little slow, can't figure it out.

But Ark is currently the ONLY dinosaur game of its kind so people who love Dinosaurs and what the game has to offer aren't going anywhere. Atlas, even though messy as hell, looks to be the only real feeling pirate game currently, sea of thieves almost did it but there is jack poop to do in that game. Video games are only going to go down in quality from here on out as people keep supporting bad games, why should a gaming company spend extra money and effort into making a high quality product when you people will literally buy ANYTHING? 

Pick the poison you are enjoying the most and have fun with it.

What about the game is dead to you? Fear uncertainty and doubt is what kills a game. If you want more content, go to the unofficial community. Or make your own fun out of the sandbox. Although PvP undermeshing is not good and abandoning such a glaring fundamental flaw within the game is dumbfounding to be honest.

3 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Atlas will be another ark

I usually play games until I get bored of them. I wouldn't start another game that is similar to ARK when I'm done with that kind of game.

I'd probably go back to FF or GW and play the addons I missed due to ARK. Got some other games in my steam library that I didn't touch yet, and a few for PS4 on the shelf.

I'm not interested in pirate games at all. There's not a single reason for me to play ATLAS.

8 minutes ago, Weiss said:

I usually play games until I get bored of them. I wouldn't start another game that is similar to ARK when I'm done with that kind of game.

I'd probably go back to FF or GW and play the addons I missed due to ARK. Got some other games in my steam library that I didn't touch yet, and a few for PS4 on the shelf.

I'm not interested in pirate games at all. There's not a single reason for me to play ATLAS.

Ark and dinos appeal to so many people. Atlas and pirates will not.

3 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

I got over 4000 hours on ark and still playing it . It is the best money per hour game you can buy . No one who brought ark got ripped off.  They all got a good deal , when compared to games like no man's sky , the division and red dead redemption ark is the deal of a life time. These AAA game company's sell you 30 hours of unoriginal cruddy game play for £60 And no one says anything . 

Atlas will be another ark . It will give you thousands of hours of game play for very little money . So stop spreading a hate train and start playing . Games made by these devs are good value . Don't be a sheep and listen to bad reviews from sad 12 yr olds that wanted see of thieves. Ark is dying and this is our next game to move too.

Yeah this is the best game I've played since SWG or Ultima.  The Millennials and their crying can move right on and I'd be just fine :).  

56 minutes ago, KrackenOne said:

Yeah this is the best game I've played since SWG or Ultima.  The Millennials and their crying can move right on and I'd be just fine :).  

Hah UO, I actully play UO's illigitimate child, Tibia. I never got to play SWG sadly but put a few years into SWTOR. Good times.

Ark is unique. It's a game you can casually play or hardcore play and the time reflects itsself real well. 

Anyone who has played Ark for a long time knows there is a lot of problems with it, you see people who are newer calling us "fanboys" when in reality we've probably encountered more bugs than they have.. still playing despite it all. 

Ark is not dead, nor dying. Its almost 4 years old, with a society that has the lowest attention span in decades. 

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Anyone who has played Ark for a long time knows there is a lot of problems with it, you see people who are newer calling us "fanboys" when in reality we've probably encountered more bugs than they have.. still playing despite it all. 

they call me "landlord"

since I've been hogging on to the same spot since the server started

1 hour ago, KrackenOne said:

But.. but... but I am a milennial (apparently)... and you dont see me crying....

22 minutes ago, d1nk said:

If I had to list all the bugs I encountered... lol 

45 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I remember tibia. I think you can still play it.

You can and I do. Its a lot more casual friendly these days..they got with the times and just made buying cash basically legal.. (you can buy 'tibia coins' to sell on the market for gold) and theu got rid of botters a few years ago, they have Battleye

Oh, I think ARK will continue to tic on for a good while yet.  Even if there is little more officially done with it (and I doubt that this will be the case) the modding community alone would keep ARK community going strong for quite awhile.

ATLAS has my interest though.  While I've never personally had a strong desire to play a pirate game I'm not blind to the fact that Sea of Thieves had a huge amount of player interest, right up until people realized how limited that game actually was.  If ATLAS is put together in even a halfway decent fashion those players should end up flocking to a huge, persistent world, fantasy pirate themed MMO... especially if it keeps that ARK feeling that the world is a living, breathing place where the unexpected often happens.  We could easily be looking at a game where players log easily as many hours as they do in ARK... and perhaps far more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 1:40 PM, NickiamxTTV said:

English seems a bit off or you're a little slow, can't figure it out.

But Ark is currently the ONLY dinosaur game of its kind so people who love Dinosaurs and what the game has to offer aren't going anywhere. Atlas, even though messy as hell, looks to be the only real feeling pirate game currently, sea of thieves almost did it but there is jack poop to do in that game. Video games are only going to go down in quality from here on out as people keep supporting bad games, why should a gaming company spend extra money and effort into making a high quality product when you people will literally buy ANYTHING? 

Pick the poison you are enjoying the most and have fun with it.

Ark hasn't been a dino game in years , anyone playing it as one will get wiped fast and quit anyway .

Archived