Jump to content

need help Extreme desync issues make the game unplayable


Recommended Posts

I've been having an issue lately and I was wondering, and hoping, if someone could help me. 

I've been having an issue where the server thinks I am at a certain position while my client thinks I am at another position, leading me to believe it's a Desync issue. However, with most games the server will actively update your position causing rubberbanding, but for me it doesn't update, leaving me in a constant state of limbo where my client believes I am at one place and the server believes I am at another. This sometimes happen immediately when i spawn in, but usually occurs when mounting any tamed dino. When mounting a dino my client doesn't recognize me as on the dino, while the server does. I'll be able to perform basic actions except for moving on the dino. This is all taking place on my friends unofficial server. I've tried multiple things like reloading the server, we enabled raw sockets, and checked for any "exaggerated values." Im open to any options that may help fix this issue. At the moment this is making the game borderline unplayable, because of the extreme desync, and it not updating my position, i am unable to interact with any objects and when im trying to mount a dino it shows my character model standing next to the dino, while my actual character on the server side is riding the dino. The server has a moderate ping of around 20 and can occasionally spike to 50 or so. This only occurs on our unofficial server and I am the only one experiencing this

I really hope this gets some kind of attention as the game is unplayable for me and i really enjoy the game and wish to get back to playing with me friends.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did your friend forward his ports properly? If so, is he by any chance using the Reusables+ mod? The reusable+ caused my mate to sometimes be unable to interact with stuff after logging in.

Did you try a quick testrun on an official server? If the problem persists then the problem is on your end, if the problem isn't there at all on official, it's on your friend's (or the server itself's) end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jognt said:

@Jognt 

Did your friend forward his ports properly? If so, is he by any chance using the Reusables+ mod? The reusable+ caused my mate to sometimes be unable to interact with stuff after logging in.

Did you try a quick testrun on an official server? If the problem persists then the problem is on your end, if the problem isn't there at all on official, it's on your friend's (or the server itself's) end.

 

I did not do a test run on an official server, but ill make sure to and ill report what happens after. (also our mods consist of : Pearl converter, Personal Waypoints, Pokeballs - Dino storage (2.6.3 Beta), No collision Structures, Structures Plus (S+), Death Recovery Mod (v1.10.2)

So i went on an official server and the problem wasnt present, however, if it is on the servers end it doesnt explain why out the 5 people actively on the server the problem only occurs for me which is why this issue is so complicated. All evidence points to the problem being on the servers side, while im the only one experiencing this issue.

Edited by Cynical1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 9:46 AM, Cynical1 said:

I did not do a test run on an official server, but ill make sure to and ill report what happens after. (also our mods consist of : Pearl converter, Personal Waypoints, Pokeballs - Dino storage (2.6.3 Beta), No collision Structures, Structures Plus (S+), Death Recovery Mod (v1.10.2)

So i went on an official server and the problem wasnt present, however, if it is on the servers end it doesnt explain why out the 5 people actively on the server the problem only occurs for me which is why this issue is so complicated. All evidence points to the problem being on the servers side, while im the only one experiencing this issue.

im also getting the same thing except all my players get it 

mods are s+ pokeball dino storage personal grave platform plus pillar plus

my group came to conclusion that the pokeball might be a cause as the desync stoped as soon as we threw all our dinos out of the balls including mobile bases like the praracer

if u have another theory on why this occurs pls share

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here. Official servers, no mods. I desync 10+ times per day. Sometimes my tribemate can strike me and put me back where I'm supposed to be. Other times I have to log out and back in. It is almost unplayable the way it is. I will be standing in front of a tame, unable to access its inventory and my tribemate will see me 20 foundations away. Please fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I reported this same issue as a bug on my official server. I have linked it to mostly happen when I build using ladders. I will be drowning while my character is 'on land' and my tribe mate has no idea where I am even if I stand next to him. If he wasn't online, I would of been dead so many times trying to get out of the water in our water base. Sometimes it desyncs randomly if I move after logging on or after transporting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Errour said:

Same here. Official servers, no mods. I desync 10+ times per day. Sometimes my tribemate can strike me and put me back where I'm supposed to be. Other times I have to log out and back in. It is almost unplayable the way it is. I will be standing in front of a tame, unable to access its inventory and my tribemate will see me 20 foundations away. Please fix.

We have the same issues. Punching works, but getting the two characters to meet back up within a foundation or so seems to be the best method. So I help my tribemate walk back to where he sees himself. It’s goofy, but it’s ark. So we keep on keeping on...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tiatake said:

I reported this same issue as a bug on my official server. I have linked it to mostly happen when I build using ladders. I will be drowning while my character is 'on land' and my tribe mate has no idea where I am even if I stand next to him. If he wasn't online, I would of been dead so many times trying to get out of the water in our water base. Sometimes it desyncs randomly if I move after logging on or after transporting.

You linked it to using ladders? I thought I may have as well. But I build a lot, and place items using ladders often to "square them off." But I've been doing this for years and never had an issue until recently. Having moved from Legacy to Non-Legacy shortly after the release of Genesis, it is difficult to know whether it is ARK being ARK or if it has anything at all to do with the recent updates. Regardless, it does not seem to be an isolated incident. Please fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 7:45 AM, Errour said:

You linked it to using ladders? I thought I may have as well. But I build a lot, and place items using ladders often to "square them off." But I've been doing this for years and never had an issue until recently. Having moved from Legacy to Non-Legacy shortly after the release of Genesis, it is difficult to know whether it is ARK being ARK or if it has anything at all to do with the recent updates. Regardless, it does not seem to be an isolated incident. Please fix.

Yes! I have been on ark for a few years and always used ladders. It started really happening around the beginning of February and we were working on our water base. It got worse when we built a metal ocean platform and some things desynced me without ladders if I built on it. K mode occasionally. My tribe mate lets me build 99% of the time so we may need to see if it happens to him too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, HELP please, we have this too. we play with my bf on steam, I host the dedicated server and we can play together for 2 hours, no problem, but out of nowhere he gets huge desync here and then. I see him in water, he see himself on beach. He come to dino, sit on it, cannot move, I see him on dino. I can do what I want and its working. After short while he get disconnected by Battleye. when he relog, after 2 minutes he have it again. Cannot interract things, cannot use dinos. 

Update  When my bf disconnect, and I tried to play alone on my server hosted on same PC, I got exactly same problems. 

Edited by Cacica
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this is getting really aggravating, I solo on official Pve; the amount of times I have to log off and back in is ridiculous.. Because if I can't get to a tame or a bed when this happens to resync my character.. I am screwed an have to reset my game.

 

This has led me to just drop the game at times, an I am sick of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge desync issue - game not playble, please help!

Hello, HELP please, we huge desync issue, when we play with my bf on steam dedicated server,

 I host the dedicated server and we play together for 2 hours, no problem, but out of nowhere he gets huge desync here and then. I see him in water, he see himself on beach. He come to dino, sit on it, cannot move, I see him on dino. I can do what I want and its working. After short while he get terminated  by Battleye. when he relog, after 2 minutes he have it again. Cannot interract things, cannot use dinos once it start occuring. We tested more maps, we tried to remove the biggest mods we played with, still same. Even when we try mods set we had before this issue, we cannot play it now. Restart, verification of file, router settings, no mods game, update of grafic card  - all tested, no help. I also saw players with similar issues across the internet with same problem, but no solution.

Update  When my bf disconnected and I tried to play alone only on my server hosted on same PC, the desync issues transferred from him  to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...