Trying to start playing this game with friends

blyamps

Hi, I used to play this game on boosted servers but I quit about a year ago, me and a few friends (probably less than six for right now) are going to start playing again but we want to play on something sustainable. We play xbox one and I was wondering if playing small tribes would be smart, or if there is a way to get into some decent size tribes on the normal official servers. Any advice would also be appreciated

41 minutes ago, Snipsnip said:

Small tribes is great with the boosted rates. More time to fo the fun stuff. I tamed a level 50 argie last night on raw meat just as a starter flyer (was murdered while I slept anyway) and it still took nearly an hour on three times. Couldn't imagine that on normal rates just for a level 50. 

What are the rates? Is there anything we should do or focus on at first? Any specific map or place we should build to have a better time? It might just be two of us for a few days

Ragnarok is good for easy access to resources compared to any other map. Also great for small tribes and large ones. The rates are triple normal official for taming, xp and gathering. Probably a good idea to focus on leveling up on some note runs on the island then transferring to whatever map you want afterwards. Don't be too worried about tames too early because griefers will just kill them after you log off. Ragnarok is also good as you can pick rickarrots from bushes to make dodo kibble for super fast pteranadon taming. 

Archived