Unofficial Dedicated Settings (Mating Interval Multiplier)

PrimalBeast

I started my 1st cluster about 3 days ago well not officially I bought the servers but I can't host them as of yet. Main issue I am having Mating Interval Multiplier is a bit buggy. I set the time between when bred dinos can mate again. I test it out by breeding over 8 dinos and the timer is always random never the same. The breeding cooldown is always different than before. IDK what is wrong with the coding. I have been at this for hours and cant figure it out. I just want my tames to be able to mate again in 3hrs after being bred. I get random times each time I breed dinos the timer is cooldown is never the same always different.

2 minutes ago, Kyoshu said:

Mating timers are random but in a range. Usually they will be between 24 - 48 hours if the setting is default. 

So your saying that everytime I breed a dino they will always have random timer? I have been playing on dedi for a while and the bred dinos always have the same timer it is never random. They always have the same time meaning if I bred 5 rexes all would have 3hrs until they can mate again. It is never random

20 hours ago, PrimalBeast said:

So your saying that everytime I breed a dino they will always have random timer? I have been playing on dedi for a while and the bred dinos always have the same timer it is never random. They always have the same time meaning if I bred 5 rexes all would have 3hrs until they can mate again. It is never random

If you want them to always have the exact same interval you will need to use a mod. I don't know which one because I've never looked for this feature. On my Unofficial cluster I have just set it to be really fast and accept the range of possible times.

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.01

I'll use rexes as an example. On Official servers the mating interval is 18-48 hours. My setting of 0.01 changes the interval to have a range of 10.8-28.8 minutes.

The only way to make them more consistent without using a mod would be to set them all to a tiny number, like 0.001 or 0.0001, and then they would effectively be ready to mate instantly. Just be warned, if you're doing this with egg layers, and you use the S+ Hitching post during mating, you could end up with a huge pile of eggs in a matter of minutes.

10 hours ago, PrimalBeast said:

I want rexes to grow fully in 1 hr 30mins to 1hr 45mins I want Gigas to grow in about 4 to 5hrs and quetz in about 2 and a half hours

Now you're talking about something different, this is the "BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier" setting, and that setting will be consistent all the time, there is no random element to the growth time.

Rexe, for example, have the following times on Official servers. Every Rex matures in exactly the same amount of time as every other rex.

Baby = 9 hours, 16 minutes

Juvenile = 37 hours, 3 minutes

Adolescent = 46 hours, 18 minutes

Total growth time = 92 hours, 21 minutes (

On my Unofficial Cluster I have the setting BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=30.0, which means that my rexes grow to adulthood in just under 3 hours, 6 minutes

I didn't check the math on the giga's, but if you want your rexes to mature in about 1 hour, 30 minutes then just use BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=60.0

• 4 months later...
On 12/25/2018 at 12:54 PM, Pipinghot said:

On my Unofficial Cluster I have the setting BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=30.0, which means that my rexes grow to adulthood in just under 3 hours, 6 minutes

I didn't check the math on the giga's, but if you want your rexes to mature in about 1 hour, 30 minutes then just use BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=60.0

First thing I wanna say is I'm on PS4 and I believe some of the settings may be different from PC to console. Since I don't know which one the OP was using, my info might be off.

That being said...

The baby mature speed multiplier is similar to the mating interval multiplier meaning that a lower number speeds up the speed at which they grow to an adult.

The max that the bar goes to (on my PS4) is 6.0. I have mine set on 0.2 and this still takes several hours to days depending on the Dino in question. So I'm not sure how your getting them to mature fast with such a high setting... I would think 30.0 would take at least a week, or two, maybe even a month, or two. I couldn't imagine how infinitely longer 60.0 would take.

On another note....

I was under the impression that each Dino breed had a different mating interval. For instance a Rex would take longer than say a Dilo. That is why I thought there was the range of times because each bread is different.

I also thought the same was true for the baby mature speed. Therefore a baby Rex would take longer to mature than a baby Dilo.

Am I wrong on this?

~ArkAfterDark~

19 hours ago, ArkafterDark said:

First thing I wanna say is I'm on PS4 and I believe some of the settings may be different from PC to console. Since I don't know which one the OP was using, my info might be off.

Well, the way that the settings function is not different, but as far as I know you can have more extreme settings on PC than on PS4 because on PC you can manually edit the settings in the config files, whereas on the PS4 you are limited to changes you can make with the sliders. I have no experience with PS4 so I could be wrong about how the PS4 server hosting works, my comment is based on the impression I have gotten from seeing other posts by people who run a PS4 server.

The baby mature speed multiplier is similar to the mating interval multiplier meaning that a lower number speeds up the speed at which they grow to an adult.

If that's how it works on PS4 then it's the opposite of how it works on PC. On PC a higher number means it matures faster.

For example:

Official servers have the babymaturespeedmultiplier=1 and that results in rex's being in the baby phase for 9 hours, 16 minutes.

If you set the babymaturespeedmultiplier=2 then the rex would be a baby for 4 hours, 38 minutes. It grows twice as fast which means it's a baby for only 1/2 as long.

If you set the babymaturespeedmultiplier=30 then the rex would be a baby for only 18 1/2 minutes. I grows thirty times as fast which means it's a baby for only 1/30th as long.

The max that the bar goes to (on my PS4) is 6.0. I have mine set on 0.2 and this still takes several hours to days depending on the Dino in question. So I'm not sure how your getting them to mature fast with such a high setting... I would think 30.0 would take at least a week, or two, maybe even a month, or two. I couldn't imagine how infinitely longer 60.0 would take.

On PC the times are exactly as I described above, I provided those answers by watching the rex's mature on my server and confirmed that the actual times match the times that would be expected by doing the math for x30 maturation speed. Using x60 means they would mature twice as fast as on my cluster.

I was under the impression that each Dino breed had a different mating interval. For instance a Rex would take longer than say a Dilo. That is why I thought there was the range of times because each bread is different.

According to the wiki, the mating interval is the same for every species. It is variable, ranging from a minimum of 18 hours up to a maximum of 48 hours, but that range of 18-48 hours is true for every species.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding#Times_for_Breeding

I'll just say again that I have no experience with PS4, so it's possible that this wiki page only gives answers for PC and maybe the answers are different for PS4 but as far as I know this page applies to every platform. If this wiki page applies to PS4, then every species has the same variable range for the Mating Interval of 18-48 hours.

I also thought the same was true for the baby mature speed. Therefore a baby Rex would take longer to mature than a baby Dilo.

That is true, which you can also see on the wiki page. Every species does indeed have it's own unique mature speed. Just keep in mind that every rex matures at the same speed as every other rex, there is no variation between different animals of the same species. Rex and dilo's are different, but every rex is the same and every dilo is the same.

8 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Well, the way that the settings function is not different, but as far as I know you can have more extreme settings on PC than on PS4 because on PC you can manually edit the settings in the config files, whereas on the PS4 you are limited to changes you can make with the sliders. I have no experience with PS4 so I could be wrong about how the PS4 server hosting works, my comment is based on the impression I have gotten from seeing other posts by people who run a PS4 server.

Some of the setting on the PS4 are ... Odd I guess you could say because on the left it has a box that displays the # value and a slider on the right. Some of these even though the slider will only go to say 6.0 you can type the # values in manually and use a number far beyond what the slider goes to. Like in my settings the slider for "Crop Growth Speed" only goes to 6.0, but I have manually typed in 10.0 and it stays like that even after I close and reopen the game. Some other spots like "Structure Dmg Repair Cooldown" I prefer there not to be a cooldown so I always set it to 0 but every time I restart the game I have to manually edit it again. Like I said odd.

If that's how it works on PS4 then it's the opposite of how it works on PC. On PC a higher number means it matures faster.

For example:

Official servers have the babymaturespeedmultiplier=1 and that results in rex's being in the baby phase for 9 hours, 16 minutes.

If you set the babymaturespeedmultiplier=2 then the rex would be a baby for 4 hours, 38 minutes. It grows twice as fast which means it's a baby for only 1/2 as long.

If you set the babymaturespeedmultiplier=30 then the rex would be a baby for only 18 1/2 minutes. I grows thirty times as fast which means it's a baby for only 1/30th as long.

I was actually wrong... I had it backwards I went to take a screenshot to add and re-read the info and it's the other way. Smaller numbers increase the amount of time it takes for them to mature. A larger number speeds it up. On the PS4 the slider only goes to a max of 6.0 however again you can manually type the # value in on the left side and set it to 100.

Whether or not this will actually effect the game... Idk because you can do the same thing with the "Difficulty Level" slider. However it too resets every time you reload the game if you set it higher than the max that the slider goes to (1.0), and someone in the past told me that no matter how high you set it manually the game will default to the max 1.0 that the slider goes to. Again I don't know if that's true or not so if I'm wrong let me know.

According to the wiki, the mating interval is the same for every species. It is variable, ranging from a minimum of 18 hours up to a maximum of 48 hours, but that range of 18-48 hours is true for every species.

So if I understand what your saying it's not that a Rex takes 48 hours and something smaller would only take 18 hours... Every species of dino has that range of anywhere from 18 to 48 hours and more or less the system randomizes it so it's never going to be exactly the same amount of time, every time after they have a baby.

Right?

That is true, which you can also see on the wiki page. Every species does indeed have it's own unique mature speed. Just keep in mind that every rex matures at the same speed as every other rex, there is no variation between different animals of the same species. Rex and dilo's are different, but every rex is the same and every dilo is the same.

Sweet I was right about something... And yes I know one Rex will mature just as fast as another Rex. That's why I used two different species.

?

~ArkAfterDark~

2 hours ago, ArkafterDark said:

Whether or not this will actually effect the game... Idk because you can do the same thing with the "Difficulty Level" slider. However it too resets every time you reload the game if you set it higher than the max that the slider goes to (1.0), and someone in the past told me that no matter how high you set it manually the game will default to the max 1.0 that the slider goes to. Again I don't know if that's true or not so if I'm wrong let me know.

For PS4 I don't know the answer to that, you'll just have to experiment with it and see.

2 hours ago, ArkafterDark said:

So if I understand what your saying it's not that a Rex takes 48 hours and something smaller would only take 18 hours... Every species of dino has that range of anywhere from 18 to 48 hours and more or less the system randomizes it so it's never going to be exactly the same amount of time, every time after they have a baby.

Right?

Correct. Every time an individual animal has a baby (or lays an  egg) the Mating Interval "rolls the dice", so to speak, and the next time it can mate will be somewhere between 18-48 hours (or a smaller number, if you speed up your Mating Interval).

• 10 months later...

Archived