Element Vein Help

Johnnygoose

For 10k vein, it gives you an average of 10 element, you can clear this with some flak armour and spears if you wanted to, it's a joke but it's for 10 element for something that takes so long. Lvl 1-50

For 25k vein, you would want a decent managarmr or a decent Rex (5-8k HP with 400-500% melee is enough) to solo this, average of 50 element. Note 25k will depend on you kiting as the dinos that spawn are 50-150

For 50k vein, average of 100 element (rng can double it literally), you'll need a group of gigas etc. 50k is a much bigger jump due to the creatures it spawns and the amount, you can make it a joke with a Titan or play smart with a good giganoto. Honestly it's not super hard, but if you get overcrowded you're dead, so camp one of the spawns and slowly clear out the waves.

do not fear the middle vein being damaged, as after extensive testings your vein could get super damaged but would still give the same amount of element. (one test at 50k the middle vein weakened till 10k HP left, gave 203 element instead of the average 100, but mainly due to rng)

We pull 30ish element from a 10k, 80 from a 25k and 200-250 from a 50k. Double that amount for 2x (we are on official PS4 PVE servers). 

We complete 50k with 2 gigas with 270+ melee and prim saddles and a mana to help clean up (but the mana is not required). 

I beat a 10k with full riot gear and a high dmg sword solo. So it’s pretty easy to get in and get some element to start off. 

I've been using our tamed Desert Titan to solo all veins - and all but purple drops. Will definitely have to tame one again once it starves to death.

Prior to getting the titan though I would not attempt a 50k vein - dragons pull apart my dimorphs and the ridden gigas damage too many veins to make it worth while.  All other veins done easily though, usually semi-afk by my pack (30) of fully imprinted dimorphs.

Drops we tended to do all but purple with 2-3 imprinted Gigas.

4 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I've been using our tamed Desert Titan to solo all veins - and all but purple drops. Will definitely have to tame one again once it starves to death.

Prior to getting the titan though I would not attempt a 50k vein - dragons pull apart my dimorphs and the ridden gigas damage too many veins to make it worth while.  All other veins done easily though, usually semi-afk by my pack (30) of fully imprinted dimorphs.

We can’t do damage to veins on PS4 anymore. Wish we could eat the outside because they are a pain and super glitchy to try to walk over. 

20 hours ago, flamron said:

We can’t do damage to veins on PS4 anymore. Wish we could eat the outside because they are a pain and super glitchy to try to walk over. 

Ohh maybe they changed it then - might have to re-visit that one.  Same with the Desert Titan - I assumed it's bite would damage element nodes so try not to use it and stick to the flock and lightnin attacks. 

Assumed it was expected behaviour that bites would continue to destroy the veins so raised an army of Dimorphs to pick off the ones attacking the veins so I didn't bite them myself.

Just did a 10k vein on Xbox this morning with enforcers - definitely can damage the vein ourselves. We did it with 5 enforcers pretty easily. Probably could have done it with 3, tbh. 2 ridden. 

Got 100 element, ~250 shards, and a few stacks of dust. On unofficial though with slightly boosted harvesting (nothin crazy)

Dimorphs is a great idea to pick off the stragglers, too. Maybe with a leash in a metal box near the core?

100 element from a 10k node is about 10x what you get on official. So more than just slightly boosted. On official I solo 50k nodes with a lvl 132 Mek and a ramshackle shield for the armor boost. Have seen people do them with giga, rexes, manas etc. For manas and rexes you will probably need backup unless you are just much better at using them than I am. But a mek or a giga the hardest part is not getting stuck in all the Vein outcroppings.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:47 AM, MirageUK said:

Out of curiosity, what are the specs on your birds? I’m raising the final few for my planned 30 for OSD / Vein attempts...I’d be curious to know what stats your flock has, since you’ve already been at it.

While I’m at it, how specifically do your birds interact with wyverns. I’m a single player with slightly boosted rates...at 100% imprinting they have 220% speed, and I was honestly hoping 220% was fast enough to keep up with wyverns quick enough to take advantage of their targeting with minimal exposure to the toothy, flamy bits.

My other thoughts were, I transferred in a rock golem from my Scorched Earth game, and I was going to park him on passive right to the drop / center node, and anchor the flock to him. I was going to fly my battle wyvern and whistle the birds from there. Or am I over complicating it?

Any feedback on your experience would be very valuable. I trust my birds, but I’m pretty nervous, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t just sort of winging it, pun intended. And you’re the only one I’ve come across using the strategy.

10 hours ago, LadyCrescent said:

My other thoughts were, I transferred in a rock golem from my Scorched Earth game, and I was going to park him on passive right to the drop / center node, and anchor the flock to him. I was going to fly my battle wyvern and whistle the birds from there. Or am I over complicating it?

My "flock" don't do well against Wyerns at all - that's why I generally stick with easy/medium veins plus blue and yellow drops.  For the red drops and harder veins when we don't have a tamed Desert Titan we go at them with 3+ imprinted, mate boosted Gigas.

Can't tell you what my stats are in-game at the moment as don't have access to the game from work but can tell you what the hatched levels are allocated against with a birth level between 243 & 247 on the current active batch.  Hep has done a fantastic job of breeding in mutations for the next batch which will hatch out at level 257!!

Example of a 247 hatch level allocation: 41 HP, 37 Stamina, 37 Melee, 29 Speed, 32 Weight, 34 Food, 36 Oxygen.

The new batch of 257s will have: 45 Hp, 37 Stamina, 43 Melee, 29 Speed, 34 Food, 36 Oxygen.

The fire breath AOE of the Wyverns just demolishes the poor little dimorphs - maybe if I controlled them more instead of simply setting them all to aggressive targeting the wyverns specifically with Attack This Target?

Medium/easier veins and drops you just have to keep an eye on things and not let your dimorphs get drawn away by Pterano's or random Gasbags in the area.  I generally have them on following me and alternate between aggressive and passive to put them to work or draw them back to my area accordingly.

Ps. If you're going to be bringing in a Rocky to help out why have him on Passive?  Use the dino leash and get him on aggressive to to get involved although with your own Wyvern involved you may be in a much better position than me and my dimorphs.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:19 AM, Pellao said:

For 10k vein, it gives you an average of 10 element, you can clear this with some flak armour and spears if you wanted to, it's a joke but it's for 10 element for something that takes so long. Lvl 1-50

For 25k vein, you would want a decent managarmr or a decent Rex (5-8k HP with 400-500% melee is enough) to solo this, average of 50 element. Note 25k will depend on you kiting as the dinos that spawn are 50-150

For 50k vein, average of 100 element (rng can double it literally), you'll need a group of gigas etc. 50k is a much bigger jump due to the creatures it spawns and the amount, you can make it a joke with a Titan or play smart with a good giganoto. Honestly it's not super hard, but if you get overcrowded you're dead, so camp one of the spawns and slowly clear out the waves.

do not fear the middle vein being damaged, as after extensive testings your vein could get super damaged but would still give the same amount of element. (one test at 50k the middle vein weakened till 10k HP left, gave 203 element instead of the average 100, but mainly due to rng)

I got 92 element off of a 10k vein I soloed. Plus around 3k dust and 60 or so shards. I play on official EU 1064. Maybe I got lucky? 

10 hours ago, MirageUK said:

The fire breath AOE of the Wyverns just demolishes the poor little dimorphs - maybe if I controlled them more instead of simply setting them all to aggressive targeting the wyverns specifically with Attack This Target?

Medium/easier veins and drops you just have to keep an eye on things and not let your dimorphs get drawn away by Pterano's or random Gasbags in the area.  I generally have them on following me and alternate between aggressive and passive to put them to work or draw them back to my area accordingly.

Ps. If you're going to be bringing in a Rocky to help out why have him on Passive?  Use the dino leash and get him on aggressive to to get involved although with your own Wyvern involved you may be in a much better position than me and my dimorphs.

The idea I’m going with is to have the flock following the rock golem on attack my target, and park the golem right on the point. That will have the flock circling the drop / center spire, and anything that gets past me on my wyvern will almost certainly bite a bird and then regret its decisions...but only for a moment, lol.

I didn’t even think about the dino leash. I was going to have the golem on passive so he’d stay glued to the point and just hope he can tank it with thirty active birds on defense.

Having my wyvern in the fight then gives me full unobstructed view of the field, and the ability to fight on my own, and whistle the birds to prime targets - like wyverns.

As long as their speed holds up, the dimorphodon AI is designed to attack the body, so if they get past the initial buzz, thirty birds chewing on a wyvern’s ribs will make short work of it.

Back in the glory days of fliers it was 207% on an eagle to outpace the wyverns for egg runs, so I’m hoping at 220% the dimorphodons are fast enough.

And as they’ll be following the golem, after the kill they autonomously return to a defensive position around the point until I whistle them onto the next targets.

I might park a daeodon on on the point to help out, and might throw some microraptors in too, but those are both tbd depending on how nervous I get. I feel pretty good about the strategy, but I’ve never set dimorphodons on a wyvern before, so this will be a learning experience for sure.

On 4 January 2019 at 2:21 AM, iLLuSivE said:

I got 92 element off of a 10k vein I soloed. Plus around 3k dust and 60 or so shards. I play on official EU 1064. Maybe I got lucky? 

During x2? Possible. From the small nodes for a 10k vein, you could potentially get 35-50 element, but the main vein itself for a 10k is only 5-15 element, so x2 can put u there

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 10:28 AM, Pellao said:

During x2? Possible. From the small nodes for a 10k vein, you could potentially get 35-50 element, but the main vein itself for a 10k is only 5-15 element, so x2 can put u there

I think it was 2x and that was total from the entire vein hitting all the smaller nodes first. 

On 1/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, Milsurp said:

Saw a youtube where a couple of guys placed walls and turrets to keep things away from the vein. The turrets basically aggro'd the waves and the walls held them long enough for the defenders to get over there. I'm solo unofficial atm so I haven't tried one yet, but that's the strat I plan to take.

Depending on the vein difficulty, corrupted dinos break through behemoth gates like the kool-aid man. It is nowhere near sufficient, and they take heavily reduced damage vs turrets

On 12/25/2018 at 2:19 AM, Pellao said:

these amounts of element gained go way up if you use a mantis instead of doing it by hand

Archived