So I tamed a Bary...

MidnightMooon

What are you playing? Single, pvx, pvp, pve?  What difficulty?  What level is your bary.  

I tend to put most of the points into health and damage. If your bary is a low level you may need to put more into stamina. Tail stun is swipe up. I love to use mine as an intro into the ocean. I grab a pair and go get a basil. I then ride that and set the barys to follow. I replace them with pleisiosaurs and mosas as I can. 

The southern cave is the easiest. Your biggest threat is likely torpor. Get some quick levels and give it a go. Bring lots of fish to heal your bary and lots of stimberries. Read up about how to get to the artifact. Memory seems to recall that it’s a bunch of lefts until you reach the lake. Follow the lake. Towards the end of the lake you won’t want to take the left but the path that’s more straight ahead. You’ll have a small hallway until you reach a spot you can’t take your bary through. There’s going to be some bugs in there. Shoot them to ether kill them or lure them out to kill with your Dino. The artifact should be right on the other side of the crouch spot. Hope it helps. There should be maps online. 

Archived