Atlas supposed to be ARK DLC

earthwarder

1 hour ago, ElGankoDiablo said:

So Atlas is supposed to be the sequel to Ark now? Typically you finish one poop before pushing another stillborn out the door

I didn’t say it was a sequel, I said sequels do the same thing; share assets from other games in the franchise.

Are you forgetting that there are now 2 developing teams. Both which have grown in size since the split? People’s sense of entitlement is hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 12:24 AM, invincibleqc said:

I bought Unreal (the game) in the early 2000s, does that means I'm entitled to every games running on its engine?

What I was getting at was more along the lines of the fact that they are selling for 60$, the price of a brand new game, a reskinned and redone ARK that I almost guarantee a modder could do with enough time and effort. That isn't to say it's not worth selling, but more to that it is somewhat unjust to even suggest the thing is paid for like it was brand new, from the ground-up and as if it couldn't be done by someone with someone who knew what they were doing. You all can talk about gamers being "entitled" but the main hole in your logic is revealed when you realize that the company in question is asking what is practically a king's ransom where modders could do the same, if not superior work, all for free. Again, it may be worth SOME money, but I refuse to pay for something from a company, that, mind you, has given about half of its fanbase even the slightest bit of thought over the years, if any thought at all, that, may I remind you, modders have been able to do superior work to. I would rather pay 40$ to 50$ from a modder who knows what in the hell they're doing than a company that can hardly tell it's head from it's own arse half the time. I honestly wish that ARK alone happened to be developed by a team that doesn't frequent delays, ignores their fanbase half the time while making decisions without that same fanbases' knowledge that dramatically change the thing overnight, and, the last nail in the coffin, decides the best way to balance out one mechanic or the other is to change it for BOTH PVE and PVP rather than have those servers have their own settings on the matter after having already putting in enough settings to practically shun the NASA Space Program. It is utterly idiotic decision-making and I frankly don't know how in the flip they made a game with half as good ideas as the ones ARK presents. And you would have me buy yet ANOTHER game that's basically, if you don't mind me repeating, a reskinned and regamemoded ARK for the price of a brand new game made from scratch that's actually from a company that has better decision-making ability of a five-year-old child (and sometimes even less so)? Well, send me the crap to hell for getting a little riled up a company with such guile that they ask for the price of a full game that regular people with a regular job could do better. For even HALF that price.

Archived