Gacha Nerf Too Excessive

bigfish502

Before I begin to explain why this latest nerf was too excessive I will first show it in this video:

As you can clearly see, even when you are using expensive feed like tek foundations you can't get any crystals above apprentice quality. I understand and agree that before this patch gacha loot was a bit OP. But this nerf is nothing less than excessive and unnecessary. I feel like a more reasonable approach would have been to sharply decrease the quantity of mastercraft and ascendant crystals produced and have a hard cap on the quality of the ascendant loot so it scales with the server settings. But now even if you invest expensive resources like tek you will never get a crystal above apprentice quality even on boosted servers. Yes there are other ways to get ascendant loot like caves and OSD's but Wildcard needs to give people options. If someone wants to grind expensive resources to feed their gacha they should be rewarded within reason for their efforts (and let's be honest, high tier OSD's weren't made with single and small tribes in mind). The latest Gacha nerf must be revisited. I know some people won't agree with me but this is where I stand on the issue.

I don't get why people think gacha loot OP . Oooh i got this 500% damage shotgun , so what ? people still freeze you with Mana and kill you with titan , and after server restart those damage number will revert back to 298 anyways .

In facts , people need those gun to fight during Orbital / node defense as the corrupted dino level is higher than your tame especially red and purple .

Now there is no hope for gacha Asc crystal .

If good loot crystals aren’t going to drop, can we just have an option to turn off the chance for loot?  The 40 crap crystals I get could be much more useful as element dust, black pearls, metal, or red sap. I have no use for MC chitin helmets. Nobody ever has actually. So just give me a choice to turn off the loot Chance and I’ll deal with getting better items in drops. 

I can understand the nerf on the Gacha's.  Higher end gear should come from doing higher difficulty events/caves...etc.  However, for the smaller tribes the red and purple orbital drops will almost never be attainable.  Maybe a scale factor on the orbital drops to coincide with the number of tribe members?  I know this would be a huge update, allot of additional code work and a huge pain in the butt to make happen, but just an idea.  

26 minutes ago, Roshona said:

I can understand the nerf on the Gacha's.  Higher end gear should come from doing higher difficulty events/caves...etc.  However, for the smaller tribes the red and purple orbital drops will almost never be attainable.  Maybe a scale factor on the orbital drops to coincide with the number of tribe members?  I know this would be a huge update, allot of additional code work and a huge pain in the butt to make happen, but just an idea.  

Name one cave where a quality ascendant riot gear armor drops consistently?

On 12/25/2018 at 12:29 PM, flamron said:

Name one cave where a quality ascendant riot gear armor drops consistently?

I just run Rag desert for my riot. All 550+ durability, a few MC bp's with that. A 9.5k dura jm riot bp too. 

I think flak is more of the cave drop armor and ice cave on Rag gives you the most chances anyway, though swamp on island probably has highest chance. All my MC flak bp's are 500+ dura and found in these 2 caves. 

On 12/23/2018 at 6:17 PM, flamron said:

If good loot crystals aren’t going to drop, can we just have an option to turn off the chance for loot?  The 40 crap crystals I get could be much more useful as element dust, black pearls, metal, or red sap. I have no use for MC chitin helmets. Nobody ever has actually. So just give me a choice to turn off the loot Chance and I’ll deal with getting better items in drops. 

YES this. I'm fine getting loot from somewhere else. Got stuck in a loop on a Gacha the other day, he gave me some primitive riot leggings - fed them back and got a crystal with.....primitive riot leggings. Did this 4 times before I finally got a regular crystal. What a waste!

On 12/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, flamron said:

I also agree with this, id rather have my element dust than garbage crystal drops.

9 hours ago, rcadden said:

YES this. I'm fine getting loot from somewhere else. Got stuck in a loop on a Gacha the other day, he gave me some primitive riot leggings - fed them back and got a crystal with.....primitive riot leggings. Did this 4 times before I finally got a regular crystal. What a waste!

All riot would be great. We use a grinder to get organic poly from all riot below ascendant. Much easier than farming hard poly. 

This was another case of PVP alpha tribe whining ruining things for PVE--and for guerilla style PVP tactics, too.

I think the gachas were brilliant ways of leveling the playing field for small PVP tribes. It was also a fantastic alternative to having a dedicated crafter alt (without destroying other perks for having that alt). But alas, alpha pvp is the reason we can't have nice things.

Did they also make it more difficult to tame them? A couple of weeks ago I was able to tame a level 150 Gacha super fast with stone pipes on single player. Last night tried taming a level 80 on official 1x and wasn't able to get anywhere with stone pipes so maybe that's no longer a thing? I wasted about 350 pipes then gave up.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:17 PM, flamron said:

I was just thinking this last night, and lamenting that I’ve given my gachas so much crafting skill and now all that means is a massive, steaming pile of garbage instead of devoting all of it to the resources I wanted from them.

Alternatively I wish they’d either revert it, or add in a server setting for better gacha loot, just like there is for better supply drops.

As it stands gacha farming has become annoying and depressing, getting nothing but trash loot, instead of at the very least getting exclusively the resources I tamed them for.

Gachas were great for a single player like me, who has never had access to top end blueprints and ascendant things. I wish they’d give us a server option so I can keep enjoying mine like I did.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, Melcreif said:

Did they also make it more difficult to tame them? A couple of weeks ago I was able to tame a level 150 Gacha super fast with stone pipes on single player. Last night tried taming a level 80 on official 1x and wasn't able to get anywhere with stone pipes so maybe that's no longer a thing? I wasted about 350 pipes then gave up.

one of my tribe mates tamed a lvl 140 lastnight with with some stone... didn't take to long maybe 10 minutes.

40 minutes ago, Tht1gamr said:

one of my tribe mates tamed a lvl 140 lastnight with with some stone... didn't take to long maybe 10 minutes.

Yep we did the same thing the other night too. The challenge with using stone is it kills their efficiency though, but the numbers are pretty messed up in Dododex so just trial and error I guess with other taming foods.  When we ran out of cooking pots we finished ours up with stone as well, but had to frantically run around collecting it because we figured we were good with the amount of pots we brought LOL.

17 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Yep we did the same thing the other night too. The challenge with using stone is it kills their efficiency though, but the numbers are pretty messed up in Dododex so just trial and error I guess with other taming foods.  When we ran out of cooking pots we finished ours up with stone as well, but had to frantically run around collecting it because we figured we were good with the amount of pots we brought LOL.

from what I've noticed though is it doesn't matter the level. If you're using it for mats or the new totally over nerfed apprentice crystals it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Tht1gamr said:

from what I've noticed though is it doesn't matter the level. If you're using it for mats or the new totally over nerfed apprentice crystals it doesn't matter.

I was watching Lucky by nature on Youtube and I guess the consensus is you want crafting efficiency at 200 and higher, so technically lower level Gachas wouldn't be as effective as higher levels.

i still get some ascendant loot out of apprentice crystals, its not nearly as good as it was before but they still provide some.

They only appear to have asc quality items in the loot though when the gachas have snow owl pellet buff, even then i average 1 asc item in 100 crystals. (100 total crystals including prim not 100 apprentice crystals) so its roughly 1/30 where i get an asc item

Archived