Still feels like the server admin is killing my pets.

Jemcrystal

Game freaks me out.  My pets die of mysteriously all the time.  Usually says they starved when I know they were full and near a trough. 

This time my log says my dolphin died by attack of an alpha shark.  No, I did not have my dolphin penned up.  I was still building the pen it was only half finished.  But he was surrounded by guardian turtles and one plant species x set on "high" "wild".  This happened when I am logged in but not at my main base.  I come back to my base and the dolphin's corpse is right exactly where the dolphin was parked.  That makes sense as the dolphin was set to passive.  But all the turtles are exactly where they last were.  They were around the dolphin.  As in totally surrounding him.  How did the alpha shark only kill my dolphin?  The turtles have not moved from where they were stationed.  They should have protected the dolphin or be scattered all over.

In addition to this someone called me out before a logged last night to give an accounting of the fish eating pets I own.  And today my fish eating dolphin mysteriously dies by supposed alpha shark with it's body guards unmoved from their posts.  Why didn't the turtles fight?  Or die trying to protect the dolphin?  They performed that way before.

Yet none of you could tell me why pets that are guarding pets sometimes do not move to guard their charges.  I am going to sum this up to a pet glitch that I think I am starting to account.  It seems the longer you own pets the more like they begin to malfunction.  Something goes wrong in their programming.  

Pets that seem to go bad after time are Brontos, Turtles, Trikes.

Pets that never malfunction are Raptors, Pters.

Have not used any other pets as guardians much so cannot say.

On a related side note, THE BUILDINGS YOU ARE FORCED TO BUILD IN THIS GAME ARE UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY.  Game has so much potential for astestics but forced people to build these box like ugly structures to guard and breed pets.  Seriously wont even bother adding a suggestion to the forums because this is ark.  Go multiplayer get ready to be ugly.  

It is killing me to try to build something beautiful yet functional.  

18 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Yet none of you could tell me why pets that are guarding pets sometimes do not move to guard their charges. 

I play Official. I have a fully enclosed water pen  with dolphins in it, and two gigas, three basilos, four sharks, all non-dolphins set to neutral in the water, with at least two plant species in shooting range, set to long range and wilds.

Our tame dolphins still die to wilds that spawn inside the pen. The dolphin HP is low enough for wilds to 1-shot or 2 shot the dolphin before plants or the surrounding wilds can kill the wild.

You may need to fully box in your dolphins, like super tight, and hope your dolphins arent closterphobic. I'm serious about the non-italics. It's how I been able to protect my dolphins. Box them in so tight that wilds cant spawn inside.

Stakeout an admin?  They don't even have to be in your yard to play god.  But it's me being paranoid for sure.  Yes this game induces a state of phobia with back stabbing and glitchy dynamics.  Occasionally, just to secure my mental illness, my suspicions are correct.  Like the attack that happened recently on my pve server by a player who had been building up to assault the entire server.  Over 500 pets died from maybe around 20+ tribes that were attacked that day.  I was the first to get assaulted and was screaming warnings out but everyone... well, they called me paranoid.  Lol.

FWIW: I'm browsing the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing their dinos "X starved to death" while they were offline. (apparently my otter ate a full trough of cooked fish meat overnight and wasn't sated by that even though he died long after he would've been full grown)
In my case, I'm the Admin so I'm pretty I'm not trolling myself.

6 hours ago, Jognt said:

FWIW: I'm browsing the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing their dinos "X starved to death" while they were offline. (apparently my otter ate a full trough of cooked fish meat overnight and wasn't sated by that even though he died long after he would've been full grown)
In my case, I'm the Admin so I'm pretty I'm not trolling myself.

Were there other dinos eating from the trough? Fish meat gives next to no food for regular meat eaters so they will eat hundreds of pieces very quickly. Try putting the food in their inventory 

(Otters are notorious for starving :()

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Were there other dinos eating from the trough? Fish meat gives next to no food for regular meat eaters so they will eat hundreds of pieces very quickly. Try putting the food in their inventory 

(Otters are notorious for starving :()

Nope, just a full trough for a single otter. We've also lost sheep, argies, Pteranodon, and some other dinos. Looking into what's causing it. (guess the one advantage of being the admin is that you know it's not the admin that's trolling you xD)

A note about otters as they happen to be my main breeding project.  And I do not doubt Jognt's otter glitch-died.  Thanks for letting me know even admins are in despair of Ark.  But for the record the only bars to level practically on an otter is the food bar and, maybe after food bar is very high, weight if you wear himr as a neck-purse.  I carry kibble on them cause they wont eat your kibble up.

Archived