Jump to content
LycristKatkiller

Slightly adjust single player mature/cuddle timers

Recommended Posts

Hello,

some of you might know the problem in single player where dinos mature so fast, it's not possible to imprint them

For example it takes only roughly 35 minutes for a Dilo to mature but imprinting is only possible every 1:20.

Ok, it doesn't really matter for a Dilo - but I got really upset when my Argy-Babies grew up so quickly I couldn't cuddle them as well (it's roughly 88 minutes)

 

it took me quite a while to figure out why this is the actual case - and no, using google only helped me to find others with the same problem and some smart suggestions of increasing/decreasing the timers even more...

The real - underlying - problem are the single player settings:

Default single players comes with

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.167000

 

Ok, what does that mean - I means that Dinos mature 36.8 times as fast as on the live-servers and also that the time between to cuddles is only 0.167 times as long... but wait - those numbers dont add up!

0.167 is only 6 times as often as 1 but dinos mature 36 times faster...

 

That's why I suggest to change the default single player settings (the settings that come with the single player checkbox) to a more fun setup (so it's actually possible to cuddle with your dinos):

Reduce BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier to 0.325 (of 1)

Recduce BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier to 0.5 (of 1)

 

This means that the Maturing speed would be set to 11,959 (= 36.799 * 0.325) while the cuddle interval is 11.976 (=0.167 * 0.5) times more often (compared to live server). Obviously it takes over 3 times longer for dinos to mature in single players and players would have to cuddle twice as often BUT at least it's possible for Dinos with a short maturing time.

Obviously one could set the cuddle interval to 36 as often as live server but have fun every 13 Minutes 😄

 

And also obviously: Players who want to have their Dinos mature faster can still change the setting back to 3x (which would roughly be the same as now) but it's their personal tradeoff to not have imprinting then OR to have it every 13 Minutes

/discuss

 

so far

LK

 

PS: Maybe move to general discussion

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 4:58 AM, LycristKatkiller said:

That's why I suggest to change the default single player settings

I do not want this for my singleplayer. It would screw up the carefully selected custom settings I currently have.

For your issue, I suggest you do some more math to micro-manage the timers you want. It might take trial and error to find the right cuddle multiplier number combo, but with time and effort, you can get it figured out :)

 

Hmm... I went to look at server configuration Wiki, and I could have sworn there was an option to increase the amount of imprint % given for every cuddle... Either I imagined it, or it was taken away? Hmm... Maybe what you need is a config to tell the game how much imprint % to give per cuddle.

I would love to have one cuddle give 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 3:06 PM, GreenRoc said:

I do not want this for my singleplayer. It would screw up the carefully selected custom settings I currently have.

So... every new player should suffer so you don't have to adjust your sliders? sounds legit

 

Quote

For your issue, I suggest you do some more math to micro-manage the timers you want. It might take trial and error to find the right cuddle multiplier number combo, but with time and effort, you can get it figured out :)

If you understand the game, know how the sliders affect it, and also know the Single Player Multipliers there is no need for trail and error. The main issue is, that the numbers from default single player don't work together - maturing time is 36.7 faster but imprinting is only 6 times as often which leads to the problem where you can not imprint dinos before they grew up

 

Quote

Hmm... I went to look at server configuration Wiki, and I could have sworn there was an option to increase the amount of imprint % given for every cuddle... Either I imagined it, or it was taken away? Hmm... Maybe what you need is a config to tell the game how much imprint % to give per cuddle.

I would love to have one cuddle give 100%.

Unfortunately there is no such option... but as you are apparently not interested in actually playing I suggest

SetImprintQuality 1

🙄

Edited by LycristKatkiller
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, LycristKatkiller said:

If you understand the game, know how the sliders affect it, and also know the Single Player Multipliers there is no need for trail and error. The main issue is, that the numbers from default single player don't work together - maturing time is 36.7 faster but imprinting is only 6 times as often which leads to the problem where you can not imprint dinos before they grew up

I know how to manage many aspects of ini, and have spent countless hours researching what settings need to be adjusted which direction since 2015. I have hosted and altered configs for a privately hosted Ark server since October 2015. I do not use the in-client options due to the lack of decimals. I haven't glanced at the settings as much as I used to, but I do look at it from time to time, so my memory is a bit rusty. If I spent time on it, I could likely hop back into ini stuff in less than 2 hours. But I dont need to right now because my singleplayer/server settings are exactly where I want them.

The imprint configs I use are identical to season 8 of GGFizz's servers... those configs I copied had gone through 8 different seasons (I dont precisely recall how long each of his seasons were, but that data is out there somewhere, but I dont need to look up the precise length of time, for that data is not important enough to spend that kind of time looking up just for this post). Over that time, his Baby config numbers were micro-managed to a point where he hasn't needed to change them for several seasons since. His team and community went through a bunch of different tests to get those rates just right for getting 100% imprint, to where you imprint once every 25 minutes, and can get 100% on everything, and not taking days to raise.

23 hours ago, LycristKatkiller said:

every new player should suffer so you don't have to adjust your sliders? sounds legit

3 years of the same settings that numerous players have come to know, and adjusted their singleplayer/unofficial configs to their preferred settings, should have to readjust it if Wildcard goes thorough with your suggestion? That doesn't sound sensible to me.

 

23 hours ago, LycristKatkiller said:

SetImprintQuality 1

That suggestion I like. I think it would be neat if I could cuddle once, and BAM! 100% imprint, for every dino.

Edited by GreenRoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

 

I know how to manage many aspects of ini, and have spent countless hours researching what settings need to be adjusted which direction since 2015. I have hosted and altered configs for a privately hosted Ark server since October 2015. I do not use the in-client options due to the lack of decimals. I haven't glanced at the settings as much as I used to, but I do look at it from time to time, so my memory is a bit rusty. If I spent time on it, I could likely hop back into ini stuff in less than 2 hours. But I dont need to right now because my singleplayer/server settings are exactly where I want them.

The imprint configs I use are identical to season 8 of GGFizz's servers... those configs I copied had gone through 8 different seasons (I dont precisely recall how long each of his seasons were, but that data is out there somewhere, but I dont need to look up the precise length of time, for that data is not important enough to spend that kind of time looking up just for this post). Over that time, his Baby config numbers were micro-managed to a point where he hasn't needed to change them for several seasons since. His team and community went through a bunch of different tests to get those rates just right for getting 100% imprint, to where you imprint once every 25 minutes, and can get 100% on everything, and not taking days to raise.

If you want 25 Minutes of Imprinting-Interval your setting needs to be 0.052083333 (without SP) or 0.311876248 (with SP), the maturing rate would be anything below 19.2 to get full imprint or 0,521753309 (with SP)

As I told you - as long as you know where you want to get with any of the values it' simple math

 

Quote

3 years of the same settings that numerous players have come to know, and adjusted their singleplayer/unofficial configs to their preferred settings, should have to readjust it if Wildcard goes thorough with your suggestion? That doesn't sound sensible to me.

Everyone who played for years and know how to adjust the settings would easily know how to change them again so they fit their own needs (again)

but every new player

can

not

imprint

their

dinos

in

single

player

 

Do you get this?

Without learning how to change/adjust the settings it is not possible to get your dinos imprinted to 100%.

Quote

That suggestion I like. I think it would be neat if I could cuddle once, and BAM! 100% imprint, for every dino.

it's not a suggestions... it's a console command, some would call it a cheat

Edited by LycristKatkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×