Looking for the best map.

Bigboss84

Ok, so I know that what map is the “best map” is a matter of opinion, but here’s what i’m Looking for in a map. 

Scorched earth dessert. Scorched earth animals, and crafting materials. 

Arberation Underground.arberation animals, and crafting materials.

lots of deep deep water. One thing I hated about Scorched earth and arberation was the lack of a proper ocean. 

and all the classic bioms. Redwoods, swamps, snow, and bonus points if it has a volcanic place like the Center had. 

All Engrams. This is what i’m Really looking for and feel the absolute BEST Ark Map should have. All Engrams from all Vanella Ark, Scorched Earth, Arberation, and Extenction are available to learn, have their craft materials available somewhere in the map, are all usuful as they were intended to be used in their respective expansions, and last but not least this would include the Tek Engrams. All of them. Unlockable somehow(probably threw boss fights)

the Best map would be a complete map that has EVERYTHING. A map that you can start out as a lvl 1 noob, and end up fully ascended with all Engrams(including Tek) without having to Server jump, or use cheat codes. 

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

One word. Lazy.

This is where uniqueness lies. You cant expect everything to be in one map becuase it will lose the uniqueness. Just work your way towards each map.

If you are that dead serious about this, find an unofficial map cluster that has that feature.

It’s not lazy it’s “Poor”. I don’t have the money to run more than one server, so I need a map that has everything...

thanks for making rude assumptions about me though. Lol

have  you looked at the modded maps?  Read the steam workshop and looked into what they offer?  On this forum you will only find maps that are official in general discussion.  I would be hard to find a full map that has everything because of the size and lag/instability.  Also maps may not offer all the aspects of each and everything in the devkit with all possible assets, while it is possible, that is a lot for a mod map creator to make in a short amount of time with Extinction just coming out in last month and a half.

It may take a little time in which the map makers maybe already be working on it.

2 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

have  you looked at the modded maps?  Read the steam workshop and looked into what they offer?  On this forum you will only find maps that are official in general discussion.  I would be hard to find a full map that has everything because of the size and lag/instability.  Also maps may not offer all the aspects of each and everything in the devkit with all possible assets, while it is possible, that is a lot for a mod map creator to make in a short amount of time with Extinction just coming out in last month and a half.

It may take a little time in which the map makers maybe already be working on it.

Yeah, I thought about that shortly after I posted, but i’m Sure there has to be a map that at least contains everything from scorched earth and Arberation. 

I been looking around in the Steam Workshop to see what I can find. Nothings really jumping out at me yet(there’s so many “Test maps”. Someone should clean that stuff up)

i’m all Ears though if you have any maps you would like to sugest checking out. 

Ragnarok has everything from Scorched Earth and the Island/Center, with the addition of griffins and frost wyverns. The map is huge with many beautiful places to explore and navigate. I really enjoy the map.

However, if you're looking for Aberration stuff -- I think that can only be found on Aberration itself. I haven't seen any maps that incorporate those dinosaurs on another map. There are mods that will allow you to spawn some Aberration creatures on any map if you're playing Unofficial. In my single-player game I used a rock drake altar from a mod to have rock drakes and rock drake nests spawn deep in the desert caverns of Ragnarok, for example :)

Hope you find what you're looking for!

There is a map called Hope in the workshop. It's at 69% and still being worked on.  Hope has SE and AB creatures and engrams. EX engrams are there but I don't know if there are any creatures yet. Looks like it will have/has a volcano.

There is a spotlight video on Ark's Twitch channel from the recent moding contest.

Thank you Evilrumina. I also did some digging around and found one called “Amissa”.

it doesn’t have any Extinction stuff on it. They have an “Upcoming featured” section in their description so I think they will be adding that stuff eventually. 

EDIT!

Olympis looks like a good one too. I need to check it out though. 

Try crystal isles. Its still not completely finished but it has SE and AB creatures and i think the items as well. There is also an exclusive version of the phoenix and the wyvern. There is also a higher spawn rate of eurypterids, so have fun fishing for black pearls.

Olympis looks like a good one too. 

Olympus is also a great map, you should try it in combination with the dragonpunk mod.

• 4 months later...

"I want the best vehicle that has literally EVERYTHING in it. It's gotta be both 4x4 and 4x2, with all sizes of engines and using any type of fuel. It's gotta be a four door sedan with the seating capacity of a van but also be a truck." 

?

It's funny how some people can play a game and be so completely clueless about the nature of the game or why things are the way they are. Don't like the way the game is? PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME. Good grief. 

On 5/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, DeHammer said:

"I want the best vehicle that has literally EVERYTHING in it. It's gotta be both 4x4 and 4x2, with all sizes of engines and using any type of fuel. It's gotta be a four door sedan with the seating capacity of a van but also be a truck." 

?

It's funny how some people can play a game and be so completely clueless about the nature of the game or why things are the way they are. Don't like the way the game is? PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME. Good grief. 

the reason there are multiple maps in ark is because of the size limitations of maps within unreal 4 at the time.  The story kind of evolved around this.  The OP wants to run one map but be able to experience all of the content.

that being said @Bigboss84, gportal allows you to run as many maps as you want based on the amount of slots you purchased and you can reallocate them anytime you want. bought 10 slots? have two servers with 5, one with 6 and one with 4, or 5 servers with 2 slots each.

4 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

the reason there are multiple maps in ark is because of the size limitations of maps within unreal 4 at the time.  The story kind of evolved around this.  The OP wants to run one map but be able to experience all of the content.

that being said @Bigboss84, gportal allows you to run as many maps as you want based on the amount of slots you purchased and you can reallocate them anytime you want. bought 10 slots? have two servers with 5, one with 6 and one with 4, or 5 servers with 2 slots each.

the limitation isn't the unreal 4 engine, the limitation is ark,  I created a map (play testing design ideas) inside the unreal engine that was the entire elderscrolls main island, likewise there is a sample world within the unreal engine (Kite) made by the unreal team that shows you can have virtually endless maps.  Its more the methods that are used for the net play and multiplayer tethering that limit the size of the map in ark as well as the coding itself.  hense why Atlas (built from the aberration engine release) uses multiple servers to link together multiple maps to create a somewhat seamless world (a free plugin I might add on the unreal engine site).

Far as the OP's question, if your looking for the best official map - I'd have to go with Extinction - covers most dino's, adds dinos from extinction (mana, gacha, owl, etc) along with the dino's from the regular maps and Scorched earth.   Ragnarok - a free map - you can get all the wyvern and griffon on. far as any aberration creatures, you'll have to trade for them or get aberration on official servers.

Far as unofficial - I'd go with crystal Isles for the largest dino variant and biomes your looking for, it can be a fps nightmare though if you don't have a good video card.

21 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Exactly. There's a reason movies are released in trilogies as well, but if you want to experience all of the content, you still need to watch all of the movies. 

On 5/30/2019 at 6:41 PM, caleb68 said:

the limitation isn't the unreal 4 engine, the limitation is ark,  I created a map (play testing design ideas) inside the unreal engine that was the entire elderscrolls main island, likewise there is a sample world within the unreal engine (Kite) made by the unreal team that shows you can have virtually endless maps.  Its more the methods that are used for the net play and multiplayer tethering that limit the size of the map in ark as well as the coding itself.  hense why Atlas (built from the aberration engine release) uses multiple servers to link together multiple maps to create a somewhat seamless world (a free plugin I might add on the unreal engine site).

Far as the OP's question, if your looking for the best official map - I'd have to go with Extinction - covers most dino's, adds dinos from extinction (mana, gacha, owl, etc) along with the dino's from the regular maps and Scorched earth.   Ragnarok - a free map - you can get all the wyvern and griffon on. far as any aberration creatures, you'll have to trade for them or get aberration on official servers.

Far as unofficial - I'd go with crystal Isles for the largest dino variant and biomes your looking for, it can be a fps nightmare though if you don't have a good video card.

I stand corrected.

Crystal isles isn't just rough on the client it's rough on the server too depending what provider you use, or if you use your own hardware.

• 7 months later...

Archived