official servers Official server wipes

LaugherOutLoud

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

Did not you see everything that happened with ATLAS two days ago?!

It's a quite literal copy & paste of Ark, yet worse. It's a DLC that was meant for Ark, attempted to be sold as a separate game for $30 to make more money.

Look up some videos or reviews on it. You can even access Ark's menu in ATLAS and find that Atlas is called "Ocean" among "Scorched Earth" and "Aberration".

I don't need to read reviews like a sheep . I played ark I loved it . I always wanted more ocean and more boats . I always wanted seemless server transitions . If atlas is ark with a  pirate mod great , arks my favourite game I hope it's just the same . 

It's £25 not 80 and it's early access they are gonna add way more stuff to it . If you like ark I don't see how you wouldn't like atlas . Don't belive what the haters write , play that shi# with a group of friends and find out. 

4 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

I don't need to read reviews like a sheep . I played ark I loved it . I always wanted more ocean and more boats . I always wanted seemless server transitions . If atlas is ark with a  pirate mod great , arks my favourite game I hope it's just the same . 

It's £25 not 80 and it's early access they are gonna add way more stuff to it . If you like ark I don't see how you wouldn't like atlas . Don't belive what the haters write , play that shi# with a group of friends and find out. 

No ill will meant, but your type of attitude is why Game(s) as a whole have degenerated so far lately.

Think about it this way; Wild Card had rumored that an Ocean/Pirate DLC would be on the way at some point. After everyone had bought the Season Pass, they realized that if they released an Ocean DLC, they would make no further money off of it.

Atlas, both under the guise of a fake company (Grapeshot, it's really just Wild Card.) and using both the same engine and assets as Ark, is a cash grab attempt. There have been numerous chunks of evidence to support this.

I also love Ark, I probably will always love the novel idea that is Ark. The whole Turok + Minecraft thing is what got me in to it in the first place, and I've logged 473 Days of accumulated playtime on the game. It has nothing to do with being a sheep, it has to do with realizing when a Company is being straight up greedy and attempting to hand us half-baked trash for $30.

and it is $30.00 USD. It's on sale for -17% ($25.00 USD) only due to it's several delays and bait/switches.

I also hate to spoil this for you, but there are no seamless server transitions. In fact, Servers are barely playable currently and there are world boundaries. Have fun with that.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:20 PM, AngrySaltire said:

I am getting flash backs to the old  Wipe Official Servers mega thread during the EA period lol.

It would be nice to see the two games compliment each other. Have good ideas from a game be fed into its counterpart. I am surprised by how optimistic I am currently feeling about the whole thing.

It should be interesting to see how things develop now that the main members of WC's development team are directly involved via this new sister company.  Sharing assets via their arrangement with Snail Games is one thing, half of the same dev team working on a related project is another.  Not that sharing assets was bad, it's actually a huge time saver and it's no secret that a lot of ATLAS was developed in a version of ARK.  When you have a stupidly successful game under your belt why wouldn't you leverage the work already done.

Interest in ATLAS seems pretty high.  Yesterday and today when I have checked ARK was holding steady in the #11 spot on STEAMS Top 10 games by active players list, and ATLAS was VERY close behind at #12.  I'll admit I'm not sure how things will turn out with the MMO route that ATLAS seems to be following, but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Rumors of Wild Card producing an Ocean DLC that was largely water, ruins, ships etc. has been floating around since just before Scorched Earth released.

Have the Ark developers ever stated that they were working on an ocean DLC, yes or no?

Are studios only allowed to work on 1 game, yes or no?

Do gaming franchises use assets from previous games, yes or no?

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:10 AM, arkark said:

The wipe was opportunistic and did not correct anything. As I predicted long ago, lots of bugs and exploits have remained, and new ones and unpatched exploits mechanics are in place (you see the contest servers how they need human monitoring because of meshing, etc..).

You are now asking a wipe for some reasons like ppl capping the servers for raid... This is a very, very old mechanic everybody knows and there is not intention to patch (as simple as if server is 70/70, offline raid triggers automatically on everything).

That's why I would like it to be something considered for the future with a lot of the mechanics hopefully reviewed. I would personally like to see tribe sizes capped at <35 players and ally systems reworked to kill off mega tribes (I have been in both mega tribes and large alpha tribes). I would also love to see a rework of the raid mechanic to accommodate PvP but not offline raiding, my suggestion would be to add a war mechanic where a tribe must declare war on an enemy tribe in order to do the normal amount of damage to structures (the enemy tribe must be online in order to declare war) when not at war with another tribe you could still tank turrets, deal normal damage to dinos and kill players but you will only do 1/12th the amount of normal damage to structures. I see this being exploitable so it would have to be tweaked but I also see it encouraging tribes to not offline raid whilst also not giving full immunity to tribes. 

Archived