official servers Official server wipes

LaugherOutLoud

I don't wanna see server wipes all the time and I know a lot of work has gone into these clusters. I've put in a lot too.
but there have been so many bugs and balancing issues throughout this clusters existence as well as just general gameplay issues that have made the official servers a bit messy.
for starters Mek raiding then mass base wiping on patches ruined the fairness of extinctions launch as well as some pretty major changes to tek gram costs (tek sloped roof and railings) that caused some pretty major advantages to some tribes. As well as mega tribes low key ruining the game in ways such as slot capping new servers to take them over without contest.
I don't think a wipe is necessary straight away as similar issues would arise but given a period of time to address these issues and eventually seeing the official servers wipe and restart might be the best option for the longevity for the game in my opinion.

On 12/23/2018 at 2:02 AM, LaugherOutLoud said:

I don't wanna see server wipes all the time and I know a lot of work has gone into these clusters. I've put in a lot too.
but there have been so many bugs and balancing issues throughout this clusters existence as well as just general gameplay issues that have made the official servers a bit messy.
for starters Mek raiding then mass base wiping on patches ruined the fairness of extinctions launch as well as some pretty major changes to tek gram costs (tek sloped roof and railings) that caused some pretty major advantages to some tribes. As well as mega tribes low key ruining the game in ways such as slot capping new servers to take them over without contest.
I don't think a wipe is necessary straight away as similar issues would arise but given a period of time to address these issues and eventually seeing the official servers wipe and restart might be the best option for the longevity for the game in my opinion.

Lol this game is about to die , there will be no point wiping the servers when everyone leaves for atlas . These won't be any major changes for this game now , maybe another DLC but this game is their old baby now and they have a new shiny game to work on with better technology 

2 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol this game is about to die , there will be no point wiping the servers when everyone leaves for atlas . These won't be any major changes for this game now , maybe another DLC but this game is their old baby now and they have a new shiny game to work on with better technology 

idk if they were smart they would continue putting effort into ark cause it has a lot larger player base then ATLAS probably ever will given the 'launch'

I play Official PvE. I dont need/want a wipe here. I do not plan to get Atlas (the "pirate" theme alone deters me).

I would like to keep playing Ark official PvE without a wipe for years to come. Preferably decades from now, until I die from natural causes irl.

What happens to PvP, or other tribes, I coudn't care less.

Do I need to download this game and unplug my internet to keep playing Ark? ... I have already done this a year ago, with my old gaming rig, now fully dedicated to playing Ark before the TLC was added, before the EA servers were given the name Legacy.

I have over 11,000 hours played on this steam account since 2015 (not counting my other two accounts). I'd hate to lose all that I have done, because someone else wants someone else's epic loot wiped. Those players you want wiped have zero impact on my gameplay as it is.

TL;DR:

I give zero support for wipe on PvE.

Whatever you do on PvP is none of my business.

1 hour ago, LaugherOutLoud said:

idk if they were smart they would continue putting effort into ark cause it has a lot larger player base then ATLAS probably ever will given the 'launch'

If they give up on Ark will the player base willingly jump ship to Atlas. I doubt it.

Official Ark servers do need some vitality breathed back into them.

I am getting flash backs to the old  Wipe Official Servers mega thread during the EA period lol.

2 hours ago, LaugherOutLoud said:

It would be nice to see the two games compliment each other. Have good ideas from a game be fed into its counterpart. I am surprised by how optimistic I am currently feeling about the whole thing.

The wipe was opportunistic and did not correct anything. As I predicted long ago, lots of bugs and exploits have remained, and new ones and unpatched exploits mechanics are in place (you see the contest servers how they need human monitoring because of meshing, etc..).

You are now asking a wipe for some reasons like ppl capping the servers for raid... This is a very, very old mechanic everybody knows and there is not intention to patch (as simple as if server is 70/70, offline raid triggers automatically on everything).

Regarding the new game, Atlas, we all know what has happended to Snail's Dark and Light, the other ARK total conversion. It started with tons of bugs that made it unplayable, when it moreless was playable it had already lost most of the players. It is now 300 players peak, the official forum died... And it has a lore and story with much, much potential than ihmo Atlas has.

4 hours ago, LaugherOutLoud said:

I don't know how prole can be so mad about the launch , look at day on of any ark dlc release or day one of any mmo release they are all a Mess due to too many people flooding the servers . That's not what you judge this game on. 

40k people spawning on the beach is gonna be a mess 40k people spread out across the map in their bases will be fine .

1 hour ago, arkark said:

Regarding the new game, Atlas, we all know what has happended to Snail's Dark and Light, the other ARK total conversion. It started with tons of bugs that made it unplayable, when it moreless was playable it had already lost most of the players. It is now 300 players peak, the official forum died... And it has a lore and story with much, much potential than ihmo Atlas has.

Atlas isn't from Snail games. It's from Jeremy and Jesse and Jat etc. Wildcard rebranded as Grapeshot games.

22 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Nobody I know will spend a dime on Atlas until Wildcard fixes the game we've already purchased. Only a fool would keep throwing money at these developers when they can't even make good on their first commitment.

14 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

But WC has nothing to do with DnL. And they do with Atlas. WC and GS are sister companies.

It's called a 'shell game' as the parent company's name implies. It's done in order to get around any legal problems that might arise due to them screwing over consumers who paid for a working game and were given a steaming pile.

23 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but Atlas was a complete flop. Also there's no new technology, Atlas is on the same exact version of Unreal that Ark is on.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Do you have proof of this? Cause it's supposedly a newer version.

https://imgur.com/a/bbompQV

I don't have Atlas but you can check if you do to confirm. The only reason I assume it's the same version as Ark is because they didn't even bother updating/changing the Menu screen. If they didn't bother changing that, they for SURE ain't gonna update the game engine version. The performance problem with Ark has nothing to do with our computer, but the version of Unreal its on. 1998-2014.....

4 minutes ago, NickiamxTTV said:

https://imgur.com/a/bbompQV

I don't have Atlas but you can check if you do to confirm. The only reason I assume it's the same version as Ark is because they didn't even bother updating/changing the Menu screen. If they didn't bother changing that, they for SURE ain't gonna update the game engine version. The performance problem with Ark has nothing to do with our computer, but the version of Unreal its on. 1998-2014.....

Menu screen =/= engine version.

6 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Nobody I know will spend a dime on Atlas until Wildcard fixes the game we've already purchased. Only a fool would keep throwing money at these developers when they can't even make good on their first commitment.

That's so stupid to say bro . Are you playing ark everyday? Enough to visit the forums ? Is it amazing ? Would you love a ark ocean DLC for £25? Of course . 

You are like the target audience for atlas . What you gonna do when your tribe gets wiped and moves to atlas ? 

Ark was good enough that you played it for thousands of hours and atlas will be even better . How can you moan about spending money when you get that many hours of fun from it ? Especially when AAA games like division literally give 10 hours game play for more money .

On 12/24/2018 at 8:10 AM, SmokeyB said:

Did not you see everything that happened with ATLAS two days ago?!

It's a quite literal copy & paste of Ark, yet worse. It's a DLC that was meant for Ark, attempted to be sold as a separate game for $30 to make more money.

Look up some videos or reviews on it. You can even access Ark's menu in ATLAS and find that Atlas is called "Ocean" among "Scorched Earth" and "Aberration".

Archived