samisabadgamer

The constant dashboarding issue

I have been having this issue since the start of extinction, but since every bug fix update that came out, the dashboarding issue seems to only be getting worse. I dashboard almost every 15-30 minutes, even when I am literally standing and doing nothing. When extinction first came out, I got dashboarded almost every hour. Restarting the game seems to slow down the dashboarding frequency for at least 30 minutes. After a certain amount of time, however, the textures of the terrain and the Dino’s seem to bug out and after that, I can usually feel when the game is about to dashboard. I play single player, so I have to constantly exit the game to make sure everything saves before the game suddenly dashboards. Just exiting the game does not seem to help the issue.

I have had the same issues and only recently picked ark back up after a little time off. I play with my brother and it is very difficult to get anything done when you are constantly afraid that you will be kicked out at the worst possible time. (had it happen on a little run near the snow biome) Got lucky and was able to save my Dino and my gear. I have been reading a lot of the forums around the internet on this and I have yet to see any reply from the developers that they are even looking into this issue and if they even have a solution for it. Also does anyone think that because of the fewer number of servers and the higher population counts per sever could have any effect on this? 

The last time I was playing I noticed that this happened just about the time Raptor Claus was just about to appear. Has anyone else noticed this or was it just my luck? 

Three friends and I are playing on a Nitrado server each with an Xbox and are having the same issue with crashing to the dashboard without warning. We started playing the new map extinction when it was released and did not encounter this issue. It wasn’t until the recent update that the crashing started. This has made the game almost unplayable for fear of getting kicked in the middle of a drop or other high lvl fight. I’d like to know if this is registered as an issue and will be fixed as I am paying for a server no one wants to keep playing on because of the constant crashing. We have not come across a pattern or common cause to this issue. It seems to happen every 15 min to an hour, anywhere on the map, and doesn’t seem to matter what we are doing in game, sometimes just standing still or doing a drop. Let me know if I can supply any other info.

I have an Xbox one x and an Xbox one.  The one x hasn’t experienced and issues with the update.  My Xbox one, however, crashes to dashboard at least once an hour, if not more.  I can be in my base, on the opposite side of the map, on a mount, standing on the ground, sitting in a chair, etc.  It doesn’t matter, it crashes to the dashboard at least once per hour, sometimes more.  

Three friends and I are playing on a Nitrado server each with an Xbox s and are having the same issue with crashing to the dashboard without warning. We started playing the new map extinction when it was released and did not encounter this issue. It wasn’t until the most recent update that the crashing started. This has made the game almost unplayable for fear of getting kicked in the middle of a drop or other high lvl fight. I’d like to know if this is registered as an issue and will be fixed as I am paying for a server no one wants to keep playing on because of the constant crashing. We have not come across a pattern or common cause to this issue. It seems to happen every 15 min to an hour, anywhere on the map, and doesn’t seem to matter what we are doing in game, sometimes just standing still or doing a drop. Let me know if I can supply any other info.

Same problem.  The only thing I could do to survive this is to set a timer on my phone every 30 minutes to remind me to close the game and re-launch.  Prior to the Christmas patch it was about 1.5 hours, but now the crash rate is down to 30-40 minutes.  I've lost track of how many dinos I've lost because of this.  This combined with all the timeouts has made the game all but unplayable.

Same here - I can play ~45 min before a crash. Doesn't matter what I'm doing - I have a big base, but it crashes if I'm in the base, out of the base, clear other side of the map (with no player-made structures rendered), etc. It's made it damn near impossible to do drops or veins solo - have to have a buddy, as each will likely crash at least once. It's ridiculous. 

Maybe since it's been added to Game Pass they'll finally do some work to optimize. 

In my experience, this game should of been an Xbox one x game only as it is literally unplayable on the older versions of an Xbox one. All my friends which play on the x, never crash, but me, and all the other unfortunate players who can’t afford to buy a newer Xbox, crash every 20-30 mins.  I’ve got to the point where I have to set a timer so I know when I’m going to disconnect. Which is pretty sad in my opinion . No game should crash every 20 mins or so especially a game this time consuming to the point where I lose something in seconds because of disconnect. Very frustrating, at least give us an option to turn off ground clutter and such on official servers to minimize the crashing . It’s gotten to the point where my alliances and me and others of the server don’t even want to play.  Not to mention the terrible frame rate and lag. I understand it’s a new map so the lag and frames is understandable,  but no game should crash every 20 mins or so that is completely game breaking and unplayable, please try to fix or minimize the crashing on older Xbox ones ...I’ve been playing this game since preview stage on Xbox so I’ve been through all the raptor poop possible but this...this is blasphemy lol  thanks for your time if reading. 

I’d like to add, just to be more specific, i play on official server extinction 1025 and no matter what I’m doing , or where I’m at , it crashes every 20 mins. I have tested this for weeks, standing in my base doing nothing, crash. Out looking for drop or tames, crash. Literally every 20 mins.  I have  feeling it has to do with the amount of memory being used or stored overtime when playing to the point where it maximizes the amount of memory to result in crashing. Just a guess I’m not really tech savvy lol 

• Like 1

Unfortunately this isn't just on one player maps. Lots of people are having issues on live servers also. Just constant crashes. And yeah, I as well noticed a big increase in how often they happen since the Christmas stuff started. I'm lucky to make it 15 minutes anymore.

I'm pretty tolerant of game bugs and instability, but its gotten so bad that there's really not much I can do. It's too dangerous to even leave the city with the game constantly crashing, and trying to keep the game running long enough to do a supply drop or element veins? Never mind the risk if crashing in the middle of one... Makes it difficult to really progress in the game.

I've just been holing up at my base breeding and building up dino teams (something relatively safe to do despite the crashes) so we'll be ready to start doing drops as soon as they fix the crashes (hoping they fix it anyways).

Edited by Raghild

I'm *really* hoping it's addressed in the next patch, which is due pretty much any day now. Given that Ark was added to Xbox Game Pass on Jan 3, I'm sure MS is breathing down WC's neck to make sure it's a good experience. 

I switched over to Aberration in the meantime. Might as well get me a rock drake and reaper while I wait for a playable game. None of these issues on Aberration - textures all load in (fully), no dashboarding, etc. 

Why when i get on here do only see people having the same problem as me but NO  answers in site . I already lost my abberation map , crashed and NO answers on how to fix it now extinction is unplayable 4 hour of game play 20 minutes of saved play. And now there trying to push altas on me i wouldn't play that raptoring game if they gave to me free.