How can you tell if there's a mutation?

Bizzybee

Hey! So I recently started breeding rexes. (First time) Trying to get ready for boss fights.  Right now I've just randomly mated in order to get started and how it all works. I've read alot about mutations and was wondering if there's an easy way to tell if a rex has one. My tribe mate says it has to do with the stats but I cant see if any are mutated or not. I don't think any of my dinos have a mutation but I'm just not sure either way. Any info would be so appreciated. 

Yes, it’s very easy. On your bred rexes, go into their inventory and click “show ancestry,” and it will pull up a diagram, at the top of which will be matrilineal and patrilineal mutations (probably reading 0/20).

If you do have one, the next trick is how to figure out what mutated...hopefully someone here knows an easy vanilla way to do it. I use a mod on PC (super spy glass) that gives me a readout of my breeding pairs’ stat distribution to compare against the babies.

On console I made notes of the starting stats of any animal I was going to breed before I applied levels, and that helped me keep track. 

I am no expert, but i do know that for every mutation, it will be both a color and a stat and that will lead to an added mutation countee on either the mother or father line of the offspring.

of coursw, there is a glitch if the mutation occurs and the color is at a region where it cannot be colored since it does not exist. There will still be a stat mutation and it will count towards overall mutation, but the counter will not visibly add up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived