pve Now that OSD’s can be claimed...

SaltyMonkey

Unsure how this would work with beacons.  Would this mean you would claim the drop as it was dropping i.e. mid air ? 

Honestly doubt it would make much of a difference, toxicity would still be there. Seen threads saying that people just run around claiming OSDs and veins so that people cant do them. Could be worth a shot though.

21 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Unsure how this would work with beacons.  Would this mean you would claim the drop as it was dropping i.e. mid air ? 

Honestly doubt it would make much of a difference, toxicity would still be there. Seen threads saying that people just run around claiming OSDs and veins so that people cant do them. Could be worth a shot though.

I don’t know how this would work either. Just an idea that sprung to mind, so thought it may be worthy of debate.

I can see this working for beacons *only* if there was a small area (maybe 3x3) that claims to the first player inside. Wares off once 5 seconds outside the area. This could prevent too much griefing while allowing people on PVE to still compete and people on PVP a danger on grabbing the drop (if you want to claim it you need to be in a small area exposed to snipers) 

Same logic can appy to OSD with a longer timer ( say 10x10 area, 45 second grace)

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Can you expand on how region locking will resolve the issue of toxicity? Human nature knows no bounds.

Just moove around the eu-na pve servers and ask the players that who is doing that kind of things. I bet the answer will be box tribes.

In our eu server everyone hates them because they just cant play normally. 

6 hours ago, devid20 said:

Just moove around the eu-na pve servers and ask the players that who is doing that kind of things. I bet the answer will be box tribes.

In our eu server everyone hates them because they just cant play normally. 

So you’re saying only box tribes are toxic? As long as there are no box tribes on a server, everyone else just gets along without any  issues? I find that incredibly difficult to believe. Also, bare in mind my post is about PvE in general, so it’s not limited to just official as I play exclusively on unofficials.

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So you’re saying only box tribes are toxic? As long as there are no box tribes on a server, everyone else just gets along without any  issues? I find that incredibly difficult to believe. Also, bare in mind my post is about PvE in general, so it’s not limited to just official as I play exclusively on unofficials.

90%of the issues caused by box tribes in our servers so yeah they are the problem. 

Archived