Going to war because of presents

Silverhagon13

Its just something we have to learn to overcome - its only a timed event anyways. Its the same as the loot crates in the caves or underwater, you can be there first but if you are taking your time checking its inventory, then some bugger will still drop in and take all.

I had it happen to me 2 nights ago, saw the same person last night at a drop I was at but couldnt be bothered getting frustrated so just flew off. I have better things to do with my time than get into an argument over some pixels.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Silverhagon13 said:

I wonder if the devs knew that people were going to fight over the presents in the 2018 xmas event. Everyone in my server is fighting to get one. Its pretty funny how human nature is. There are so many presents that drop a day and yet people keep going to war over them.

They fight over them each year the event has been run.

This is why i play on a server with 5 max people on prime time. Do everything you want without getting interrupted and when you’re ready to mess with people, transfer to a high population server.

Since we’re on Christmas, can someone tell me why my crossbow/drop quality decreased? I had a 309% cross and now it’s 298%. Also since that update 2 days ago, the overall drop quality seems to have decreased. Past 5 raptorclaus events I’ve gotten nothing but ghillie and pikes. First day it came out I had an asc anky, doed and MC argy saddles :D

I play on scorched, does that explain the countless ghillie?

3 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

This is why i play on a server with 5 max people on prime time. Do everything you want without getting interrupted and when you’re ready to mess with people, transfer to a high population server.

Sounds like a cowards way of playing PvP - only joking :) I play PvE so I really cant talk :P

4 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Sounds like a cowards way of playing PvP - only joking :) I play PvE so I really cant talk :P

I don’t believe in cowardice. You do what you have to, in my case being smart :) In a regular high pop server you wouldn’t last a day unless you had 10 people. Even then, the 50 person tribe of unemployed 30 year olds with nothing but time and welfare will wipe you. 

“it’s PvP bruh”

First come first serve. If you didn't get the drop, or someone took it, wait 30 minutes until raptor clause comes again. 

I don't understand the big deal.

That being said, I had a pretty funny steal last night. I was on my owl, and just collected 1 present, and was flying to the next one.

The guy at the next one just collected it and started going to NEXT one, as did I. I was up way higher than him though so he didn't know I was there. 

The race was on. But he didn't know. I had the high ground so I swooped down extremely fast at the 3rd present just as he was arriving to it and smashed into the present. He immediately panicked and tried to freeze me with his Owl, which failed since they patched it.

I opened it and took it all. He was visually upset, but didn't say anything. He moved on.

If I see someone waiting at one, I'm polite and move on, but if someone's heading towards one, it's still fair game. Lol

9 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

Not true. They can make it so that everyone can loot the present. Problem solved.

... Everyone already can loot the present, its all about who gets it first. I dont see how that will resolve the greed issue.

Also, as i mentioned, more gift solves nothing because the greediness has no boundary.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:49 AM, Vaculity said:

... Everyone already can loot the present, its all about who gets it first. I dont see how that will resolve the greed issue.

Also, as i mentioned, more gift solves nothing because the greediness has no boundary.

Anyone can loot the presents NOT everyone. Let me explain more clearly because you are not understanding. If I loot the present then it disappears and no one else can loot it causing the greed issue. Instead, if the presents only disappear when their timer is finished and everyone that gets to the presents before they disappear can loot them players can then work together instead of against each other. There is no good reason why the presents can't have the same loot for everyone. It should only be limited to looting once per character not once per map.

3 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

Anyone can loot the presents NOT everyone. Let me explain more clearly because you are not understanding. If I loot the present then it disappears and no one else can loot it causing the greed issue. Instead, if the presents only disappear when their timer is finished and everyone that gets to the presents before they disappear can loot them players can then work together instead of against each other. There is no good reason why the presents can't have the same loot for everyone. It should only be limited to looting once per character not once per map.

If you do that then theirs to much loot goin around and people will just camp the drops and kill you once you get your share

10 hours ago, Tht1gamr said:

If you do that then theirs to much loot goin around and people will just camp the drops and kill you once you get your share

There definitely will not be too much loot and you can not kill people in PVE. Only certain Blueprints are dropping, mainly Ghillie, Swords, Pikes, Crossbows, and a few saddles if you are lucky. It will take getting 100+ BP's on the same piece to even get a chance at getting max stats on it. There are too many variables with too much range on them to only need one drop.

Archived