Raft Extention

Pedriko

Hi, first time here! I've been trying to do an Expedition Boat that I saw on Youtube, but I'm stuck at the part of extending the foundation. I've been searching but the only tehnique that I found was the pilar one (place an pilar, a roof on top of it, another roof then a pilar on this roof and finally the foundation) but it doesn't work! I tried every possible angle, tried with walls and that stuff, nothing. 

Was this fixed, or am I doing something wrong?

Are you trying to extend the foundation or sinking the foundations?  What you are describing sounds like sinking the foundations, which placing a foundation (wood), pillar in middle of foundation, 2 ceilings, then sinking the next foundation by choosing the lower snap point.  That is different than getting a boat with 3 foundations wide and 2 deep.  For that you have to place the first foundation in the very center with the middle legs just over the front riser of the raft.   If you do not get it perfect, you cannot fit the 6 foundations on the raft.  BTW, the youtube videos you find are mostly PC and Mobile is a little different on structure mechanics.

7 minutes ago, docredduke10 said:

Are you trying to extend the foundation or sinking the foundations?  What you are describing sounds like sinking the foundations, which placing a foundation (wood), pillar in middle of foundation, 2 ceilings, then sinking the next foundation by choosing the lower snap point.  That is different than getting a boat with 3 foundations wide and 2 deep.  For that you have to place the first foundation in the very center with the middle legs just over the front riser of the raft.   If you do not get it perfect, you cannot fit the 6 foundations on the raft.  BTW, the youtube videos you find are mostly PC and Mobile is a little different on structure mechanics.

Thanks for the answer! Actually I'm trying to extend it, I already sank the foundations. And I've been following this video to extend it: https://youtu.be/JyMVACbG4go?t=432.

He is not extending the raft any more than you could otherwise.  You can go 2 ceilings past your foundations.  He is able to use foundations instead of ceilings, but cannot extend any further.  Pillars help with snap points, and I will try what he has done because foundations are going to be better structure wise than ceilings.  One difficulty with that will be accessing your boat from under water.  If you cannot see part of your raft under water, you will have to rely on a ramp going into the water to board it.

16 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

If this update helps with the crashing, I may try it for myself and see.  It almost looks like he places them on the ground, but then they seem to move with the raft.  It may have glitched when he made them. 

Nah, it's not a glitch. I've seen other videos and people reports about this, it's real.

Archived