So maybe sometimes they do listen to players...

LouSpowells

Orbital Supply Drop

• Buffed Legendary Drops in difficulty and quality of loot
  • Can now be claimed by a tribe in PVE
    • Only that tribe can disable shield, eject items, gather loot
  • Fixed bug that eventually only allowed 1 event at a time in a session
  • Improvements to shield behavior on low FPS servers 
  • Improvements to attacker pathing and behavior
  • Legendary crates must be completed to wave 7 to eject items

Element Vein

• Can now be claimed by a tribe in PvE
    • Only that tribe can harvest element
  • Fixed bug that eventually only allowed 1 event at a time in a session
  • Improvements to attacker pathing and behavior

Eggs

• Improvements to egg interpolation on low fps servers (less poking through ground)
  • Prevented eggs from falling through structures on load
  • Prevented eggs from ghosting through structures if thrown close to them
  • Fix for invisible Rock Drake and Wyvern eggs

Velonasaur  

• Increased accuracy of AOE attack
  • Reduced AOE damage to compensate for increased accuracy
  • Wild Velonasaurs will no longer shoot for too long
  • Fix for Wild Velonasaurs not doing damage in PvE
  • Improvements to desyncs between spines and damage
  • Reduced hovering when walking
  • AOE attack will no longer loot victims

Managarmr

• Fixed anim bug related to Ice Breath
  • Fixes for several orientation desyncs
  • Fixes for desyncs when moving on low fps server
  • Minor buff to landing damage
  • Improvements to ice breath targeting
  • Added message when you are unable to dive
  • Slowed down baby Managarmrs

Snow Owl

• Slowed down baby food consumption rate

Manticore

• Improvements to landing logic

Crash

• Fix low frequency crash

Flyers  

• Improved flyer following when in water
  • Added Whistle Land Flyer command
    • Commands a flyer to land nearby

I have plenty of criticisms and frustrations with Wildcard and their multitude of mistakes...but I see a ton of stuff in the patch notes that people have been angrily demanding be fixed.

I don't expect fixes should be received with fanfare and adulation because they're doing something that I would much prefer had been correct the first time...but for those who haven't perused the patch notes yet, I think it's worth noting that quite a few (but obviously not all) player concerns, frustrations, and outright failures have been addressed. It's best if it's right the first time, and great if it's wrong and fixed quickly...but even when it's painstakingly slow I have that "better late than never" mentality.

I hope they keep this up in the coming weeks and months. Hopefully with Extinction released and teams split, this will mean many more fixes and TLC improvements are on the way like they said they were. We will see, but I feel like this is a good sign. Feel free to begin the hate fest, trash talking, and a never ending string insults and vitriol towards anyone who says something remotely nice about the game or WC. ?

1 hour ago, Tohru said:

I agree. A past due fix is better than no fix at all. Even just for small flaws, it shows that something is being improved upon.

I just hope more people can realize this instead of automatically assuming that issues will never be addressed and mark a game as unplayable because it's not "perfect".

if wildcard can fix a lot of recurring issue like fixing the mesh with some area around all the map, then maybe they will listen.until them, these wont change their mindset because they have left a lot of broken glass shard with bloods of the people who have lost faith in them to pick up.

Don't care if its a past fix if the major broken issue (like seperate rules for pve and pvp for instancr) are not addressed. Thy aren't asking for a perfrct game, rather a 'stable' one.

10 hours ago, NedBeverage said:

I was desperately hoping for an auto-run key.

I found a third of a roll of nickles stacked on my 'W' key works pretty well.

Take a piece of wood (6-10" long, 1"x1" or 1"x2" ) and drive a screw or a nail into one end in it so it's hanging out ~2-3". (So it makes an "L" shape) When you want to auto-run, set the screw/nail head on the button and leave the other end of the wood on the desk. That was my DayZ autorun hack. 

7 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

I’m fairly sure there’s an auto-run key on the PC. I don’t know by heart what key it is, but I have used it before.

I had used it before in the past, but I'm not really sure if it's still in the game. I tried finding it again a couple weeks back and couldn't find it. Maybe I missed it though.

I cant agree at all with direction we are going in terms of pvp balance. Never mind titans for now. The cost of attacking is much cheaper than defense. 

bullet soaking plus free snow owl heal is just too OP. 

Cryopods being usable in enemy foundation range is once again favoring attackers over defense. 

And the toxicity that people complain about is directly from the strike first mentality because in Ark there is only attacking. No defense.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:38 AM, NedBeverage said:

I was desperately hoping for an auto-run key.

I found a third of a roll of nickles stacked on my 'W' key works pretty well.

I am still hoping for an auto-run key myself. Until then, I have a little plastic owl figurine that I cram one of it's feathers into the side of my W Key.

Unfortunately, I no longer hear/feel a click with my W key. I have literally damaged my keyboard with my auto-run work-around.

My T key is about to be next in line to break, as I cram the toy owl into the T key with cursor hovering over food in my inventory, and my interface is in a baby inventory.

A roll of coins sounds like a better idea. Thank you.

Edit to add: I have carpal tunnel (from an old injury back in 1991). I do this work around for the benefit of my physical health.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:27 AM, Nuggie said:

I play pc and can't find an auto run. I used a bolt with some washers and a nut to keep the washers on for my auto fly (who runs?).

I ended up super glue-ing 20 pennies together and just set it on my 'W'.

20's not to tall to really tip over. You can go shorter with nickles, but they are (obviously) wider.

Archived