Is Ballista or cannon a good defense for gigas?

Syrilian

They can but its rather inefficient. Gigas have 80k health so it would take a very long time to kill one, with a high drain on resources. I wouldnt recommend it. You can do it relatively well with a decent argentavis by aiming for the back of the neck and hitting it.

The ballista does 600 damage, the cannon does more but you will not be able to track the giga and aim at it because its very difficult to move where you are pointing at.

Set up a pincoded turret tower, 6 or so turrets and 10 plant x, minimal youll need to effectivly kill a giga near. Just make sure you have it a distance from your actual base incase splash dmg

I would set up a choke point where they usually come from and have the tower away from base walls (but still protected) simply run up and hit keypad when its close (or keep running all the time - damn argys though)

A backyard full of a dozen or two well bred and good-saddled Kentros will likely be more effective than the balistas or cannons. Pair that with some attack dimos in a sheltered dimo tower and a handful of quick-release rexes and it's GG. The rider will take damage from the dimos and likely start trying to attack them...then in come the kentros...then come the rexes. The kentros basically mean that the player has to walk away without attacking unless they want their gigas to enrage and die quickly. Bonus points if the dimos eat the player and the Giga decides to go ham without a driver.

58 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

A backyard full of a dozen or two well bred and good-saddled Kentros will likely be more effective than the balistas or cannons. Pair that with some attack dimos in a sheltered dimo tower and a handful of quick-release rexes and it's GG. The rider will take damage from the dimos and likely start trying to attack them...then in come the kentros...then come the rexes. The kentros basically mean that the player has to walk away without attacking unless they want their gigas to enrage and die quickly. Bonus points if the dimos eat the player and the Giga decides to go ham without a driver.

Um Saddles on Kentros?

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

Hes talking about wild gigas.

And kentros have no saddle

7 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I'd love to see that dimo tower setup for Wild Giga defense!  You'd eventually lose them all but it'd be fun to watch LOL

I don't have any pics/vids of the towers I've built over the years, but here's a tutorial of something similar:

EDIT: On a side note, if you can imprint them and up them speed a bit, the gigas and other big dinos have a hard time biting/hitting them.

5 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I don't have any pics/vids of the towers I've built over the years, but here's a tutorial of something similar:

EDIT: On a side note, if you can imprint them and up them speed a bit, the gigas and other big dinos have a hard time biting/hitting them.

Yep that's the one I was referring to. Pretty ingenious.

Archived