49 minutes ago, PhantomDragonX said:

Honestly, I love the devs for this feature,

So many games now cater to whiners it's a shame.  I probably has to do with the fact that a lot of young people today want game developers to bow down to their wants.  The game devs are ultimately in control.  And to be perfectly honest, since there is no subscription they aren't obligated to do jack for you, thanks for the $30, if you don't like it feel free to move on.

4F81F55982E431532F65A5EF2C3B0F67F3AD9197

STOP WHINING, make your suggestion and if it falls on deaf ears, join another server - move on, or GO AND MAKE YOUR OWN GAME.

^This guy gets it, nobody cares about all the whining from you getting stuck in a cage by some random person you think is a jerk. It is a good mechanic and it will probably end up being ruined by all the whiners

1 hour ago, n_scheffel said:

Sorry bud, but you clearly have no idea how little "constant maintenance of keeping said person alive" is actually involved. They have to knock the captive out once every 2 hours to force feed them some food and water. That's it. How exactly does that qualify as constant maintenance?.

I am all for being able to keep some jerk captive indefinitely, but it needs to require a lot more work than spending a couple minutes performing 11 mouse clicks every 2 hours. 

Look dude, you aren't understanding what I mean by constant obviously, I don't mean every minute, every 20, or so on. I just mean that it is constant making sure that the person stays alive, you can't just stop making sure or they will die so basically it is a constant action since you repeat it on regular intervals. "Occurring continuously over a period of time," This definition of constant can be taking as literally staying in the inventory or by continuing an action indefinitely over a period of time at regular intervals. Just for you I will instead say periodically or consistent, even though in the end its basically the same difference, if that will make you happy. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Look dude, you aren't understanding what I mean by constant obviously, I don't mean every minute, every 20, or so on. I just mean that it is constant making sure that the person stays alive, you can't just stop making sure or they will die so basically it is a constant action since you repeat it on regular intervals. "Occurring continuously over a period of time," This definition of constant can be taking as literally staying in the inventory or by continuing an action indefinitely over a period of time at regular intervals. Just for you I will instead say periodically or consistent, even though in the end its basically the same difference, if that will make you happy. 

The main issue at hand is that you're preventing someone from playing on a certain server by imprisoning them like this. The whole "Go play another server" argument is ridiculous and easily refutable. If someone has invested months on one server only to be taken captive randomly, handcuffed, encumbered, and locked in a cage, that's not quite fair to them as they've got no way to get out by themselves. Plus, they've invested so much time onto a server that starting anew on a different server is not an option for them because they'd be leaving behind months of work in just a couple of days only because of this 'mechanic'. This mechanic could really use some working so it's fair to both parties. For example, if they add a new item that can allow you to escape (Whether it be dead or alive most have suggested cyanide and lockpicks) then not coming prepared for being captured is entirely your fault. As of now, there's very little you can do about it.

This can be completely abused by capturing new players that just want to try out the game on an official server. It's off putting and pathetic. Of course if you're on an RP'ing server, then it's understandable if it's all in fun, but on official servers, it's not fun and it's cruel.

It is NOT cruel... what point of PVP do people not get?

Don't want to deal with people, whatever manners they have, play PVE it is that simple, also have a who issue with the anti-bully movement, if you don't have the self-esteem to shrug it off, then it's not societies fault or the game devs to make it better for you.

5 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

You seem not to be able to understand realism in a world where people are forced to survive. The extremes people would go to would probably be inconceivable to you. You just want this game to be like almost every other game these days and just pander to everyone's every last request and have no realism. Also the handcuffs were implemented so captives wouldn't be able to kill themselves so easily. My points are not wrong, I understand completely why this mechanic is in the game and why it is so unforgiving and why you don't I can't understand. Also it isn't the effort of knocking someone out and putting them in a cage, it is the constant maintenance of keeping said person alive which takes away from you being able to do other things and makes it to where you have to keep an eye on them which is why it takes effort. Like it has been told to countless other people i'm sure, just go play on a different server or stay off of PvP if you can't handle people doing what people do best, which is be jerks to put it nicely. Seeing as how this game isn't complete I would start over as many times as I wanted to and I can't be mad at an incomplete game because I chose to buy it, which is something you should consider before losing your mind over something so trivial.

you are wrong on all counts, lets do everything that has been done to everyone here and do it to you.. first we put you in a cage handcuffed so you cant do anything... after the first week all your dinos starved to death then your base gets raided and everything you worked to get was taken the easy way possible... and again YOU maybe willing to start over on a new server day after day after day after day after day after day. i could do it once maybe twice, third time and you like it to happen.... all you are doing is defending all the griefers that go out of there way to make it impossible for you to play the game which is what this thread is about, how its impossible to play... All you do is show that you are one of them.. And i do see the good in having theses items when buddy posted about a ex tribemate messing around, but thats using it for what its used for.. the other 98% of its use isnt for whats its intended for. Also you want to talk about realism. 1 you are not handcuffed behind your back should still b able to do things also your feet and head seem like good bashing tools..it needs a time limit and some tools to help ppl that are being abused. 

i dont know how many ppl are sick and tired of the whole go change servers or you dont like it go to pve. everyone knows pve is worse than a cage you cant do anything in that mode even worse griefers.. i just hope karma is real and it happens to you so we can read about how much you hate the game and that you will never play again and you will because its all fun and games until it happens to you and if it does its going to be worse bc you probably think that your the best and your head is the size of a blimp... i think that the guy who made this thread wanted to know if others felt the same and maybe just maybe if the devs ever read this stuff to see what problems there is.. i dont think these tools should be taken out there are uses. but 5 hours per handcuffs isnt good.. and btw way my tribe of 8 ppl r still in jail, been there 3 weeks and 4 days lol and yes we stopped playing hoping for a new server or a refresh that wont happen.. we have also even tried private servers that mostly led to admin abuse.

34 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

The main issue at hand is that you're preventing someone from playing on a certain server by imprisoning them like this. The whole "Go play another server" argument is ridiculous and easily refutable. If someone has invested months on one server only to be taken captive randomly, handcuffed, encumbered, and locked in a cage, that's not quite fair to them as they've got no way to get out by themselves. Plus, they've invested so much time onto a server that starting anew on a different server is not an option for them because they'd be leaving behind months of work in just a couple of days only because of this 'mechanic'. This mechanic could really use some working so it's fair to both parties. For example, if they add a new item that can allow you to escape (Whether it be dead or alive most have suggested cyanide and lockpicks) then not coming prepared for being captured is entirely your fault. As of now, there's very little you can do about it.

This can be completely abused by capturing new players that just want to try out the game on an official server. It's off putting and pathetic. Of course if you're on an RP'ing server, then it's understandable if it's all in fun, but on official servers, it's not fun and it's cruel.

good guy here.. awhile ago i said for ppl to join server 477 pvp and ask to join someones tribe, within mins you will get a yes from one of two tribes, from there on you are in a cage maybe even see me turn to you unless you cant look around.. please dont add that lol

On 28/02/2016 at 2:39 AM, ProdigyUndead said:

PvP and PvE are two totally different things bubba. If you want to relax, and enjoy what the game has to offer, play PvE. On the other hand if you want to go with the risky approach and play PvP, (which backs it's name up quite well "PLAYER" versus "PLAYER") then you have to be ready to die alot, be captured over and over, lose everything(including your base) and constantly be hunted by other players. I don't see that it makes the game "unplayable", but the two game modes have two different player styles. Got to pick one that suites your style. And to me that sounds like it'd be PvE. Hope things look up and you decide to give it another shot! 

Sorry but this happens in Pve as well.  

Who me?  No, I've been playing Ark having a blast.

And if your "tribe of 8 ppl are still in jail" wow, you are doing it wrong.

Learn from your mistakes and build a better base/ hide your offline body better.  It's not like I can spawn handcuffs on someone.  So, PvP you lost and got handcuffed in the first place, try not to let it happen again.

sure we r doing it wrong

3 minutes ago, PhantomDragonX said:

Who me?  No, I've been playing Ark having a blast.

And if your "tribe of 8 ppl are still in jail" wow, you are doing it wrong.

Learn from your mistakes and build a better base/ hide your offline body better.  It's not like I can spawn handcuffs on someone.  So, PvP you lost and got handcuffed in the first place, try not to let it happen again.

sure we r doing it wrong lol the only reason i go on is to reset timers so they would be forced to make a lot of c4. the other 7 deleted the game which i probably will end up doing if they keep making it easier for ppl like you to b a bully. r metal base got raided by three lvl 260 trexs three 250 and higher spinos, plus a giga and four quetzels.. i guess that we just suck lol or we got squished then hunted down like everyone else over and over. after being killed by them we were going to try a different spot but instead we didnt even have enough time to get basic tools before getting put in a jail.... anyways glad you are having a blast being a bully lol hoping for the ability to make it even more easy.. did the grapling hook come out? how many have you put in your jail with it?

4 hours ago, PhantomDragonX said:

Honestly, I love the devs for this feature,

So many games now cater to whiners it's a shame.  I probably has to do with the fact that a lot of young people today want game developers to bow down to their wants.  The game devs are ultimately in control.  And to be perfectly honest, since there is no subscription they aren't obligated to do jack for you, thanks for the $30, if you don't like it feel free to move on.

4F81F55982E431532F65A5EF2C3B0F67F3AD9197

STOP WHINING, make your suggestion and if it falls on deaf ears, join another server - move on, or GO AND MAKE YOUR OWN GAME.

if u really think all the devs care about is money then why havent they done what every game does. release the incomplete game charge 90 bucks plus 60 for a season pass then forced you to buy new dinos, not to mention all the micro transactions they could do like a gold horse for 5 bucks cough elder scrolls online cough cough. but they havent so i really hope they make a balance

8 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

You seem not to be able to understand realism in a world where people are forced to survive. The extremes people would go to would probably be inconceivable to you. You just want this game to be like almost every other game these days and just pander to everyone's every last request and have no realism. Also the handcuffs were implemented so captives wouldn't be able to kill themselves so easily. My points are not wrong, I understand completely why this mechanic is in the game and why it is so unforgiving and why you don't I can't understand. Also it isn't the effort of knocking someone out and putting them in a cage, it is the constant maintenance of keeping said person alive which takes away from you being able to do other things and makes it to where you have to keep an eye on them which is why it takes effort. Like it has been told to countless other people i'm sure, just go play on a different server or stay off of PvP if you can't handle people doing what people do best, which is be jerks to put it nicely. Seeing as how this game isn't complete I would start over as many times as I wanted to and I can't be mad at an incomplete game because I chose to buy it, which is something you should consider before losing your mind over something so trivial.

What about this game is realistic? You tame dinosaurs....its takes 20 dino steaks to keep you alive per day? lol your stomach could only handle maybe 4... You poop thru your clothes while running and don't pee.... you can fly high in the air without freezing or suffocating......Oh and you can keep a Behemoth gate in your pocket and it only weighs 4. lol this game is as far from realistic as it gets. Its just a game and is meant to be played not stuck. The learning curve is overcome with practice but being stuck in a cage you cant do anything. its BS and needs to be fixed bottom line I just hope its done before this game looses more valuable players like this guy that can also potentially trash talk it and hurt sales. You obviously do this keeping people caged thing or you wouldn't be in favor of it..... how would you feel if everyone on your server quit this game and you couldn't imprison anyone for days? You would cry and be sad. :( 

NO one likes a bully......

1 minute ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

What about this game is realistic? You tame dinosaurs....its takes 20 dino steaks to keep you alive per day? lol your stomach could only handle maybe 4... You poop thru your clothes while running and don't pee.... you can fly high in the air without freezing or suffocating......Oh and you can keep a Behemoth gate in your pocket and it only weighs 4. lol this game is as far from realistic as it gets. Its just a game and is meant to be played not stuck. The learning curve is overcome with practice but being stuck in a cage you cant do anything. its BS and needs to be fixed bottom line I just hope its done before this game looses more valuable players like this guy that can also potentially trash talk it and hurt sales. You obviously do this how would yo feel if everyone on your server quit this game and you couldn't imprison anyone for days? you would be sad and you would say boo hoo hoo. 

Let's be real, the OP has only been in a cage for about 6 hours. Just AFK and go out for the day/afk overnight and they'll slip up or just stop caring.

Maybe this is Wildcards way of telling us to go outside? :3

1 minute ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

What about this game is realistic? You tame dinosaurs....its takes 20 dino steaks to keep you alive per day? lol your stomach could only handle maybe 4... You poop thru your clothes while running and don't pee.... you can fly high in the air without freezing or suffocating......Oh and you can keep a Behemoth gate in your pocket and it only weighs 4. lol this game is as far from realistic as it gets. Its just a game and is meant to be played not stuck. The learning curve is overcome with practice but being stuck in a cage you cant do anything. its BS and needs to be fixed bottom line I just hope its done before this game looses more valuable players like this guy that can also potentially trash talk it and hurt sales. You obviously do this how would yo feel if everyone on your server quit this game and you couldn't imprison anyone for days? you would be sad and you would say boo hoo hoo. 

another good player

42 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Sorry but this happens in Pve as well.  

If this is happening to you in PVE then you simply need to barricade your base a bit more. I've been on the same pve server for three months and never been put in a cage by someone else. Other than my tribe members pulling jokes. So if you are logging out inside your base and waking up in a cage, then you probably need to find out how. Because it shouldn't be possible. 

Too many people to respond to so I will just make a general reply. Fine if you want something "fair" like actually being able to die in a cage I say go for it, never said I wasn't up for change I just said that if people have their way then it will be ruined because people decide everything is unfair and you can't please everyone. Now as far as realism goes, people it is a VIDEO GAME it isn't meant to be entirely realistic nor does anyone have the want to make a game where everything is realistic, like the going to the bathroom thing for example its just stupid to worry about why you can do it through your clothes or why you don't pee because it was obviously put into the game as a joke since you could make fertilizer out of rotting plants also. Dinosaurs not being realistic is also silly since they existed and since none of us were alive back then they can be interpreted however anyone pleases, as for taming them it goes hand in hand with interpretation because we just assume certain creatures were either smart or stupid by the size of the space in the skull for their brain so they could be treated like a dog in that if you gain its trust then it will follow you. Either way the game isn't complete so there is plenty of time to come up with countermeasures for everything, you all act like the handcuff thing won't be addressed or the system is going to stay broken.

2 hours ago, GeneralNinjaAnt said:

you are wrong on all counts, lets do everything that has been done to everyone here and do it to you.. first we put you in a cage handcuffed so you cant do anything... after the first week all your dinos starved to death then your base gets raided and everything you worked to get was taken the easy way possible... and again YOU maybe willing to start over on a new server day after day after day after day after day after day. i could do it once maybe twice, third time and you like it to happen....

I am not wrong, there is nothing wrong about what I said you just have a different opinion, I could care less if you put me in a cage, I'll just move on to a different server, or to PvE or single player for that matter, my point was the game is incomplete and till it is complete there is no reason to get butthurt about things in the game that upset you because it isn't "balanced" or "fair" its a survival game deal with it. Also, really dude? Bullies? Again all I have to say is if you were in a real survival situation you would be the first to be gotten rid of in my group. This isn't high school it's the real world and it's time to grow up and stop whining about bullies.

19 minutes ago, Potrock said:

Let's be real, the OP has only been in a cage for about 6 hours. Just AFK and go out for the day/afk overnight and they'll slip up or just stop caring.

Maybe this is Wildcards way of telling us to go outside? :3

the ppl in 477 take pleasure out of it. since its what keeps them in this game they wont get bored.. two tribes joined forces bc they both have large tribes that got a giga half way on week two so they joined up and decleared it there server. and continue to hunt new players.. i just went on and saw theres only 40 ppl it use to b full. i just hope player count drops more and more

2 minutes ago, GeneralNinjaAnt said:

the ppl in 477 take pleasure out of it. since its what keeps them in this game they wont get bored.. two tribes joined forces bc they both have large tribes that got a giga half way on week two so they joined up and decleared it there server. and continue to hunt new players.. i just went on and saw theres only 40 ppl it use to b full. i just hope player count drops more and more

Official Server population has been on the decline, there's not much that can be done about it without map resets which most who play on there want to avoid.

If I were you, I'd take a look at an unofficial server, plenty to choose from.

The server I play on has a rule where you can't hold a player captive for longer than 15 minutes unless you are raiding them while they are captive. They need to be released right after. Nothing can be done about Alpha Tribes without ruining the game for those who can dedicate lots of time to it.

2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Too many people to respond to so I will just make a general reply. Fine if you want something "fair" like actually being able to die in a cage I say go for it, never said I wasn't up for change I just said that if people have their way then it will be ruined because people decide everything is unfair and you can't please everyone. Now as far as realism goes, people it is a VIDEO GAME it isn't meant to be entirely realistic nor does anyone have the want to make a game where everything is realistic, like the going to the bathroom thing for example its just stupid to worry about why you can do it through your clothes or why you don't pee because it was obviously put into the game as a joke since you could make fertilizer out of rotting plants also. Dinosaurs not being realistic is also silly since they existed and since none of us were alive back then they can be interpreted however anyone pleases, as for taming them it goes hand in hand with interpretation because we just assume certain creatures were either smart or stupid by the size of the space in the skull for their brain so they could be treated like a dog in that if you gain its trust then it will follow you. Either way the game isn't complete so there is plenty of time to come up with countermeasures for everything, you all act like the handcuff thing won't be addressed or the system is going to stay broken.

I am not wrong, there is nothing wrong about what I said you just have a different opinion, I could care less if you put me in a cage, I'll just move on to a different server, or to PvE or single player for that matter, my point was the game is incomplete and till it is complete there is no reason to get butthurt about things in the game that upset you because it isn't "balanced" or "fair" its a survival game deal with it. Also, really dude? Bullies? Again all I have to say is if you were in a real survival situation you would be the first to be gotten rid of in my group. This isn't high school it's the real world and it's time to grow up and stop whining about bullies.

yea and i guess you think i just let them walk over me in real life lol i wish it was still high school so i could keep making bullies look bad.. i made one kid transfer schools bc he was picking on this kid bc he couldnt read. so i jumped him put him on the ground and bark like a punk.. its not as fun when you are being laugh at lol....and if you dont like that ppl are standing up to you bullies then why are you here making comments stop whining this is the place to bring up problems with the game if no one says anything then it happens more and more the best victims are the ones too afraid to say anything

1 minute ago, GeneralNinjaAnt said:

yea and i guess you think i just let them walk over me in real life lol i wish it was still high school so i could keep making bullies look bad.. i made one kid transfer schools bc he was picking on this kid bc he couldnt read. so i jumped him put him on the ground and bark like a punk.. its not as fun when you are being laugh at lol....and if you dont like that ppl are standing up to you bullies then why are you here making comments stop whining this is the place to bring up problems with the game if no one says anything then it happens more and more the best victims are the ones too afraid to say anything

You're out of high school?

5 minutes ago, Potrock said:

Official Server population has been on the decline, there's not much that can be done about it without map resets which most who play on there want to avoid.

If I were you, I'd take a look at an unofficial server, plenty to choose from.

The server I play on has a rule where you can't hold a player captive for longer than 15 minutes unless you are raiding them while they are captive. They need to be released right after. Nothing can be done about Alpha Tribes without ruining the game for those who can dedicate lots of time to it.

tried 4 private all seemed good but ended badly with admin abuse or raiding killing and destroying everything.. one guys rule was no raiding under lvl 40 but that became bs once we hit 40 raid after raid lol

I don't play PVP for that reason, but I would like to try it at some point, I feel once captive their should be max timer before your are allowed to respawn.  Or just make sure you have a tribe member to bust you out.  My biggest concern is the amount of lag that is happening in the game.  It cause me to hit the ape while trying to tame it a number of times. Thus making me loose the tame.  I understand it's alpha or beta and "we can't do anything now cause it's development stages" but I hope they focus on optimizing instead of adding more stuff.

Archived