Server Stutter?

DannyDarthTk

Honestly this game is before its' time. With greater general software and servers (plus avg consumer machines would be better - console and PC)  im sure it would've faired a lot better. Look at just Regular Xbox one vs One X.

That being said I wish there was some optimizing with lots of things. A lot could be done but it seems it's too much to warrant according to devs - it's a big overhaul. It just multiplies the problem the more people you have.. it runs very well on a low pop rented server (considering)

5 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

actually saving the world takes almost no resources, the main culprit is when a ton of dinosaurs are loaded in and out of stasis, this happens when someone logs in at their megabase or someone flies by a megabase.

Not really, even our private server with just 10 dino's outside when we're logged in freezes when running the `saveworld` command.

That's fair, all i have to go on is my own observations and experience, When on official servers it always seemed to happen  when people were logging in or at irregular intervals and my private server which is honestly running on a last generation computer never stutters except when meteor swarms happen in extinction.

6 hours ago, Olivar said:

Not really, even our private server with just 10 dino's outside when we're logged in freezes when running the `saveworld` command.

What sort of disk are you saving to?

worldsaves have become unnoticeable since I started running my server on my (sata) SSD instead of the old mechanical hdd. 

Archived