ZePhurnace

The crowbar...

So for the first time ever I spent money on Ark mobile for the Crowbar as everyone said it was worth it... It was only after I paid 7 flippin’ dollars that I found it it was heavily nerfed. Anyone know the best way to get ancient amber with it these days? The volcano tactic takes too long.

Thanks!

P.S: If you are planning to buy ANYTHING on ark mobile, whether it be God Console, any of the arketypes, amber, etc... DON’T DO IT! It is definitely not worth it in the least. This originally awesome game is becoming more and more P2W by the day...

I'm really sorry about your frustration Ze; to have paid money for something that doesn't do what you thought or what was promised. That sucks.

I haven't bothered to buy the crowbar but I have heard a lot of complaints about it. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that many are wrongly upset because they expect much more than it was designed to give. 

I've seen where people can get somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 a day. Now, for folks who use amber a lot, that is nothing. But, for those who can't afford to buy amber often, if ever, that is a fair amount. So perhaps those folks would be happy with the crowbar? I could be wrong.

However, I can say this: The Eerie Turret is absolutely worth it. Here are some reasons.

1. If you are one of few, or the only person on your server with the ability to craft Eerie turrets, you have a very, very valuable trading resource. While I have crafted some for free (but they provided the mats) to help people out, I have also gotten some great deals in trade, not the least of which was a Tuso with saddle.

2. Eerie turrets are outstanding for base protection. For PvE they are the best way short of, or in combination with, walls, to protect from wild dinos. You don't have to worry about them running out of rounds and you don't have to do the grind of making tons of ammo. As for PvP, while I don't participate, common sense says that with Eerie turrets you don't have to worry about people draining your turrets of ammo as a way to pierce your defenses.

So, while I am disappointed with the Eerie pistol and Frog's Feet, and have no interest in the crowbar and frying pan, the Eerie turret is worth it.

:)

- Rakkasan

I havent been upset with any of them as of yet, but I didnt bother with the crowbar. I agree with rakkasan that it's more designed for extremely budgeted players who will use amber very carefully. They had no choice to nerf it, the launch rates were going to cause an imbalance.

The frog feet give amazing access to water content well before scuba. Being able to jump on 3 high buildings has also been very handy.

The frying pan is a great tool for easy early tames. Great for getting going again on pvp if you get wiped. Recommend it for folks who play on pvp.

The cutlass is next best to an ascedent sword, and it can gather fiber. Once again, this is more for folks on pvp who would be getting off the ground again after wipes.

Turrets - on the edge of broken, enough said.

The new ones coming out today are still TBD, but I will be trying them! Depending on the foundation health they may both be more geared towards pve players.

I had great success with my crowbars that I got from the special Halloween pumpkins. They only work on the Rich Metal Nodes. When you walk up to the metal node, tap the name icon to get it to drop down and show what you can get from the node. Some metal nodes don't give amber and the Rich Metal Nodes on the volcano don't spawn back in...or at least they didn't on my single player game. I do agree with you though, the crowbar doesn't work as well as they said it would. Great method for gathering metal though, works just as good as an Ankylo. 

43 minutes ago, Kens2cool said:

I havent been upset with any of them as of yet, but I didnt bother with the crowbar. I agree with rakkasan that it's more designed for extremely budgeted players who will use amber very carefully. They had no choice to nerf it, the launch rates were going to cause an imbalance.

The frog feet give amazing access to water content well before scuba. Being able to jump on 3 high buildings has also been very handy.

The frying pan is a great tool for easy early tames. Great for getting going again on pvp if you get wiped. Recommend it for folks who play on pvp.

The cutlass is next best to an ascedent sword, and it can gather fiber. Once again, this is more for folks on pvp who would be getting off the ground again after wipes.

Turrets - on the edge of broken, enough said.

The new ones coming out today are still TBD, but I will be trying them! Depending on the foundation health they may both be more geared towards pve players.

Ya know, Ken, when the Cutlass first came out I was thrilled. That is one sharp sword. But it breaks waaaay too easy, and can't be repaired. So it's a throw away high damage sword and costs potent dust to make. So it didn't take long for me to say, "Nah." Besides, I have an ascendant sword and only use that for emergencies. I'm more of a shotgun guy.

ezgif.com-resize (6).gif

Thanks everyone, I will be grinding for amber soon. And I completely forgot about the eerie turret actually ?While I agree that it is an arketype worth the money, it is only useful on MP, not SP.  So for me, all arketypes and items and amner are virtually useless. My opinion still stands about every thing else.

Archived