Raptor Claus - was one way to make a PvE server toxic

Anarki

I found it slightly amusing last night on our official PvE server. The old Raptor Claus came to town and decided to drop some presents for the kids but...

They all fell out. Two have been particularly good to each other in recent weeks too as one had only just come to the server.

'I landed first' 

'I didn't see you'

'So that's ok?'

'Its an event'

'I'm not helping you anymore, you can go **** yourself'

Oh, the trials and tribulations of playing on a friendly PvE server. 

On a serious note though, how do you guys go about it? I'm in agreement with one of the guys in that if you are clearly there first, its yours - just like the beacons'.

I guess the issue is that our Center PvE official server is actually quite well populated (with also about 7 or 8 new players) and when Raptor Claus only drops around 2 presents at a time (sometimes 0) then there is a rush to get to them first. 

I did manage to get one yesterday but did not get anything decent but others on the server have stated that they got asc this and asc that so now everyone is determined to get the drops without a second thought for others.

Out goes the window of thinking of others at Christmas.

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Always was first person to a drop gets priority for me. 

This incident is kinda even more sad given that it's a Christmas event. Its the season to be giving not fighting over a drop :( Supposed to be spreading the Christmas cheer after all !

Greed has full value over everything else.  It's our nature, sadly. 

1 minute ago, Anarki said:

There are still some of us out there who stop when they see others there first. I am one of them.

I don't mind not getting the drops, as I know it will happen later on, just need a little patience.

It's true,  not everyone will rush head first. but majority of them have that nature, and it's a sad fact. 

Also some people will be a jerk and tells you to back off even if you are the first to the gift. 

4 minutes ago, Anarki said:

There are still some of us out there who stop when they see others there first. I am one of them.

I don't mind not getting the drops, as I know it will happen later on, just need a little patience.

There is light and hope still left ! Been so long since I had to share drops on my server mind you, is kinda quiet. 

1 minute ago, Vaculity said:

It's true,  not everyone will rush head first. but majority of them have that nature, and it's a sad fact. 

Also some people will be a jerk and tells you to back off even if you are the first to the gift. 

Guess its hard to rewrite instincts honed over millions of years :(

personally if someone is waiting under it, I move on.

I'm not going to waste my time standing around a drop with 3+ other people bickering over pixels.

Drops are meh, if it is a BP (which seems to be the only thing of value in the presents) If its an ally we share those for crafting anyway, no matter who gets it.

I have noticed that not all gotcha will drop loot, Wild Card is this bugged? Also the loot that does come out of the gotcha is not really worth the trouble. And for Raptor Santa, the drops are consistent ( in a bad way)  how many ascendant sickles do I need. lol just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing.  I love the holiday events and wish the candy could be used for taming (like the v-day event) since you are not running 2x for winter wonderland.  Thanks

3 minutes ago, Absinth3 said:

I have noticed that not all gotcha will drop loot, Wild Card is this bugged? Also the loot that does come out of the gotcha is not really worth the trouble. And for Raptor Santa, the drops are consistent ( in a bad way)  how many ascendant sickles do I need. lol just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing.  I love the holiday events and wish the candy could be used for taming (like the v-day event) since you are not running 2x for winter wonderland.  Thanks

yeah the candy adds speed and temporary colors to the dino. I just throw them away.

Maybe WC should make it so you can only open one gift during a certain amount of time so more folks have a chance to get one. I'm sure this is disheartening for new players who would like to participate. Also, maybe Raptor claus could leave a package beside your fireplace with mistletoe or Coal so folks get something during the event. It would just mean that folks would need to set up a fireplace at their base.

Archived