Managarmr Despawn While Ridden

Woah... this just happened to me too... absolutely speechless right now. The despawn while flying into the skybox was one thing, and it was at least avoidable... but this... this is something else... I didn't have a lot on me when it happened thankfully, but it still really sucks to see that A LOT of people are being affected by this. (I was on an unofficial server when it happened, so it's not just official, but seems to be something related to lag for sure.) I am never going to ride these things again until this is fixed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managarmr are being despawned (deleted) while a player is riding them, for no apparent reason: Deleting the mount, the player, and anything carried by either, and slowly bringing up a respawn screen a

Same thing happened to me on 341. Got a respawn to bed screen with no death, no body/dino/equipement to be found.

Yep. same thing just happend to me on island. Doing a mid air boost, lag then spawn screen. No tribe log msg, nothing. This game........    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On March 2 I put a tiket for the same reason, I still have not responded. I suppose the lost characters have preference, I understand, but at least wc could tell us: yes, we know that this is happening and we work on it, but they do not say nothing and I do not know what to think. Courage survivors!

Edited by Rhoskat
  • Thanks 1

This happened to me today on Official Island map.

The manar and the gear i lost is irreplaceable but i'm more concerned that it's been nearly 6 months now and still not even an acknowledgement that's it's being looked at.

I wasn't even flying on my manar i was running along the ground when it just disappeared and after a short freeze the spawn map appeared.

My manar had a tracker node on it but there's no notification of it's position, nothing in the tribe log, it just vanished. 

Happened to me twice, once right over the volcano on the island, directly above it, second time at blue ob while jumping into the obolisk which had no collision but then I was gone.  Thankfully the second time my mana was still at blue ob and didn’t disappear.

I feel like there might be a connection with the things in the sky that have no collision but are there in the game coding.  If you pass through them, you disappear.  I don’t see anything above the volcano, but it might have coding remnants in the game there... it’s clearly often where this bug occurs.

besides the collision with invisible things, I would imagine there is also an issue with the top barrier of the map, where you can jump through it and disappear as well.  

And the third issue is the lag.  If the server is lagging when you hit “A” you look as though you are not jumping... then you hit “A” again several times, then the game accounts for the hieght of all of those jumps and some and all the sudden you are through the top of the map and disappear.

I’ve been a game tester in the past on several big titles, and this is what I would expect the issues to be and how to repeat them.

since I am not being paid to test this game, I would apply the opposite.  To avoid losing another mana, don’t jump near obolisks or the volcano, and if you notice lag (see no food or stamina consumption) don’t do anything and wait for the server to catch up, definitely don’t jump.  If you push “A” and you don’t jump, don’t push it again until you can verify the game isn’t lagging.

Edited by That1ItalianGuy

when the server had low ping i wasnt dying against the ceilings, but now that the server is high ping, im now dying all the time. lost A LOT of stuff now.
i am trying to be careful but just one jump to many and poof. killed by wildcard incompetence. WHY buffer and remember actions during lag, drop them at least.

use the analytics to help us maybe and gather info what is lost in a jump to death and give it back to us? instead of counting dodo's..........

On 5/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, thunderblood69 said:

Can't believe this has been going on for months.

My bf lost a mana on Island a couple weeks ago, as well as tames he had cryoed and the rest of his inventory. Sent in a ticket as well, and of course, nothing yet. Would be nice if they at least acknowledged what's going on.

WC finally got back today about the ticket he sent in awhile back. They were asking for proof. Unfortunately, he did take a capture after it happened, but it did not capture far enough back. He explained this. They offered to reimburse him for the mana, but not the rest of the tames that were lost as well. He is not very happy, and asked if they could do any better, since the mana bug is still ongoing. 

Happy they are addressing the situation, at least.

the same thing happend to me all i got was an apology 

Jan 7, 12:22 AM PST

server was a little laggy but i was on my managarmr flying around doing a meat run and aplha hunting , the game lagged for a second and me and the mana disappeared off screen then a second later it put me on re-spwan map, no death note, no red X on respawn map just poof . i re-spawed at my base and scrambled naked on wyvern to go back to where i was to see what happened . no green body marker no body no mana . other server members helped me search for 30 min but nothing .. just gone. my gear is replaceable but the mana was alot of work as im not an expert at ark it was a relatively high lvl and good stats, please help

Fury (ARK)

Jan 25, 4:41 PM PST

Hello Survivor,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am GM Fury and I’ll be addressing your issue today. I first and foremost want to express my deepest apologizes. I would then like to thank you for your time. Not only the time that you took to reach out to me, but the time and effort that you have put into a game that I know I love, and one that you have made very clear that you love as well. The development team is aware of this issue, and they are working diligently to resolve this issue so that you will hopefully no longer have to encounter this. I am sorry that you lost days of work, as a fellow survivor, I know how much time, effort, and love is put into every part of the game, and I can only imagine how you are feeling. I can say, these things happen sorry, but you and the community deserve more than that. I know that these are words from a person that you do not know, but I want to truly express my apologies for what happened to you and everyone else in the community. We are sadly unable to get back the things that you lost in this way, due to internal policy. I just can only hope that my words, and the game that we are making with the help of the community, for the community, is the best game we can make, and one that will do you and everyone else that has been helping us proud. Is there anything else I can help you with at this time?

Sincerely,

GM Fury
Studio Wildcard

Jan 30, 11:01 PM PST

“ internal policy ” ??? Is that what you tell all the boys ? Ok I’m sure you look over thousands of these reports and complaints and I wouldn’t want your job at all, but I am just a guy who likes playing ark and not feeling ripped off due to a program error. if you cant replace what was lost can I get some kibble to tame another, a blueprint , tool set or magical insta-tame dart to make my experience in game a little more fun. I don’t play on PVP or compete with players I’ve put in over 4000 hours into ark and although your reply was well put, something substantial would be much more appreciated

Fury (ARK)

Jan 31, 11:12 AM PST

Hello again,

Thank you for getting back to me about this issue. I am sorry that I can not give you the support that you desired, at this time I will be closing this ticket. As customer support we have limitations on the assistance that we can provide, due to internal policy. As the game grows, we are constantly looking at our internal policies so that we can give the best support we can. I am looking into this issue for you with the best of my abilities but since I am not on the development team, I do not know when things will be changed in the game. Rest assured that your voice has been heard, and the development team is working diligently to resolve each issue! I would like to thank you for your patience with this issue. Please feel free to contact us again should you have any other questions or concerns. Take care and have a good rest of the day.

Sincerely,

GM Fury
Studio Wildcard

Hello! I'm new around here but I came stright to this topic because it just happened to me for a 2nd time. Had a cryopod with a reciently tamed argentavis with me while riding my mana back home and just *poof* in mid air... Lost that argentavis of course... But what I wanted to let you all survivors know is, this mana is the same mana I had despawned the first time. I looked on my history to see if one of my other dinosaurs had died a few days later and I saw one of my pals at the server had claimed my Managarmr. I told him how I lost him and he was kind enough to give it back to me. The moment i lost him i went back looking for him but didn't have any luck. My friend had his base located near the place I lost it. So my guess is they do fall down somewhere and it's worth taking a look. Hope i have luck this second time and one of my friends finds him later.

• 2 weeks later...