Community Crunch 161: Winter Wonderland 2018!

Jen

On 12/18/2018 at 1:56 AM, SubtendedCrib8 said:

So hypothetically if I were to set the launch parameters to ActiveEvent=FearEvolved, would that then enable the fear evolved event? Or is the ActiveEvent= a new system and/or only compatible with Winter Wonderland?

It should work with the Easter event. Can't remember what it was called again though.

25 minutes ago, catnook said:

There's no raptor claus on ps4 there is gacha claus I'm host non dedicated server why is there no raptor claus like there is on pc and why is there no dodorex like on the trailer 

I don't know on raptor claws, but for the dodorex is probably because people with use them for raids 

I was pretty excited for this event but I quickly lost hype because of one little detail, there isnt enough permanent rewards. The only permanent items I’m getting are top hats and birthday suit tops skins on Xbox, why is there no rare candy that permanently colors your dinos or some sort of furniture it lets you keep after?

• Wildcard Community
7 minutes ago, TemperanceXIV said:

I was pretty excited for this event but I quickly lost hype because of one little detail, there isnt enough permanent rewards. The only permanent items I’m getting are top hats and birthday suit tops skins on Xbox, why is there no rare candy that permanently colors your dinos or some sort of furniture it lets you keep after?

You get to keep any holiday colored dinos that you tame.

So let me get this straight-

No snow, no change to the home screen, and you only have two in game hours to go out and find Raptor Claus YOURSELF so he can give you coal to give to the Xmas Gachas for Christmas items..

If you DON'T find Raptor Claus, you get nothing.

Event over. 

Is that what you're raptoring telling me? If this is not the case, please enlighten me! I recall last year, you at least get a server message for everyone to see to inform you that Raptor Claus was dropping presents everywhere. This was supposed to be the first proper Christmas event I'd get to celebrate on Ark since last year was sooooo half assed. I was thinking the Christmas decorations would be craftable or maybe found in drops, or perhaps coal would be craftable. NOPE. This burned me up so much I made an account just a few minutes ago to finally write in. Jesus Christ guys, really. This is pathetic.

I seriously hope the team gets so much negative feedback they actually do something. Such a wasted year, honestly. Not even a 3x event for the Holidays..

so............

Ragnarock map ps4, prim plus non dedicated server

no wyvern egg spawns on ps4 on prim plus still, no wyverns spawning back at the scar, no nests spawning equals no eggs! No winter event for people on prim plus at all? Is that correct on what I read? As no event coloured dinos or anything has loaded after the patch..... So what exactly did you guys fix? My server is still broken and it's going on over a month now.... Soon I will be asking for compensation on the money that has been lost sitting on a idle server because of kicks and lag issues! What sense does it make to pay for a service when it doesn't even work 100 percent! Why even bother putting out the event if not anyone can access it? Like players that only play prim plus, would have been nice of you guys to say that it doesn't support prim plus! But I read that absolutely no where from you guys, just server owners posting the samething.... I think it's time for compensation, I lost 90 percent of my players to this last release of extinction, and like I said the game is still very broken! 

Edited by Smokingunnz

On 12/18/2018 at 12:53 PM, asmodiandevils said:

Even if it does prevent looting by allies, you can simply redistribute loot at your leisure.

Omgosh CyanicEmber. Do you think that would ever happen fairly? Even in the most Hardcore raiding guilds of MMO's they have drama and problems. the random run and grab might be better. Who knows. But I am definitely curious on whether it is a Choice to claim in order to begin the event in PVE

you don't have to claim the drops you can still leave them open

So you've updated where we finally get Raptor Claus on PS4, but congratulations!

You messed up something else. No matter how much coal you give Gachas, they give you nothing. Is this a mistake on my part, or...? I just want Christmas decorations, goddamn! Decor is something that should not be this difficult to obtain. Should we find high level Gachas? Does level matter in Gachas to determine what gifts you'll receive? How much coal for what items? Ten? Twenty? Thirty? How much mistletoe? You really need to tell us what to do in order to celebrate properly. This is all so very vague!

Please explain! 

Edited by BlondieOddball
Adding onto my thoughts.