Community Crunch 161: Winter Wonderland 2018!

Jen

On 12/18/2018 at 1:15 AM, DoRNGLucky said:

Jen, any word on when the sunlen forest issues will be addressed. It is the only biome that has almost no dinos around. From what other players have found is they are falling through ths map textures. Server rewinds seem to repopulate the area but they dont respawn after they are tamed or killed.  Hope to hear back from you!

I live in the sunken forest on Official, and I have fallen through the ground after a server crash (back when ping was 255), so falling through can happen.

I too would like to see more wilds in the Forest on Extinction.

I'm finding it hard to keep my Meat-eaters alive with few sources of meat down here. I hesitate to take my fliers out because of how much meat they consume when restoring their stamina. Hesitate to raise meat-eating babies due to the lack of meat. I even go after the dragonflies for the few morsels of meat they provide. I loot beaver dams just so beavers will come to me so I can get meat from them. I use my Theriz to harvest meat, so he wont consume what he gets into his inventory, because I need it for my meat eaters.

4 hours ago, R0dd said:

Can’t seem to find gacha clause on Xbox.  Looked through city and sunken forest with no luck.  Anyone have location of where you see them more often than not?

I dont know about Xbox, but on Official (PC) I have seen at least 4 GachaClauses in the Sunken Forest.

I do not have a GPS, but I can give you a screenshot with map in the shot, with a landmark (blue webbing). They're wandering between here and the water.

AVv8koK.jpg

14 hours ago, maxTHUND3RDOME said:

It should be automatically loaded. Just wait until midnight and Santa Raptor will show up if you were a good boy. My map isn’t all snow, which I thought it would be so I also thought it wasn’t active in my server then sure enough Raptor Clause came through dropping presents across the map:) 

Yeah I did that too and still nothing. I even reinstalled ark amd still nothing.

I dont think that my event is active, but I have no idea on how I go about fixing that.

4 hours ago, BlondieOddball said:

So you've updated where we finally get Raptor Claus on PS4, but congratulations!

You messed up something else. No matter how much coal you give Gachas, they give you nothing. Is this a mistake on my part, or...? I just want Christmas decorations, goddamn! Decor is something that should not be this difficult to obtain. Should we find high level Gachas? Does level matter in Gachas to determine what gifts you'll receive? How much coal for what items? Ten? Twenty? Thirty? How much mistletoe? You really need to tell us what to do in order to celebrate properly. This is all so very vague!

Please explain! 

Is it a Gacha Claus? They’ll be red and green with Santa hats and should spawn anywhere a parasaur can spawn. Once you find one you have to open its inventory and give it mistletoe or coal. It’ll only eat them if it’s away from other creatures so you’ll have to kill everything around it. The items will be inside crystals it drops off its back, hope that helped at all :)

Im enjoying the event so far, as i dont have extinction the chance to get cryopods and elemant shard and also higher end loot its great.

the Gachaclaus dont seem to do anything with coal but mistle toe does, not sure on the values/quality as i put in 10 and got a primitive and then put in 1 and got a asscendant crystal.

I would also like more than a 2x on harvesting etc, 3x on breeding and hatching would be great !!!

19 hours ago, photonicle said:

If you knock out the santa gacha and feed him owl pellets he poo's out gifts like crazy

Is this a real thing? I have to test it later... :D

BTW: I really hoped for a DodoRex-comback as well. So it just isn't canon, it isn't an event-creature anymore. ?

Edited by DomiDarko

13 hours ago, Qqqq said:

I play on crosssark6 offline raid protection on Xbox can I ask why my cluster lost ragnarok, aberration, scorched earth, and center? And why our sister ORP Server lost ragnarok I know lots of people who’ve put in a lot of work and the maps disappeared after a maintenance break  

Play on the same server. Pissed at the moment. And of course no response. 

10 hours ago, TemperanceXIV said:

Is it a Gacha Claus? They’ll be red and green with Santa hats and should spawn anywhere a parasaur can spawn. Once you find one you have to open its inventory and give it mistletoe or coal. It’ll only eat them if it’s away from other creatures so you’ll have to kill everything around it. The items will be inside crystals it drops off its back, hope that helped at all :)

I thank you for your kindness! They are indeed the Holiday ones. I've tried feeding them around 20ish coal, and it gave me nothing! I added 9 mistletoe and all I got was one sniper rifle. It's all so very depressing and aggravating. I don't care about the weapons or armor, all I want are Holiday decorations. I wish WC made it more clear what you have to do. They honestly should've made holiday decor craftable for God's sake. I don't know what to give the Gachas in order to get what items.

I play on a legacy Center map on PS4. It's just mind boggling, they forgot to put Raptor Claus in the game for PS4 players, and now this. They really need to get their poop together.