Community Crunch 161: Winter Wonderland 2018!

Jen

3 hours ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

Also there is a tribe (idk the name) Hogging all the Christmas gifts that Raptor Claus drops on Xbox official Extinction1030 is there any chance you can make a giftbox detects that the same tribe is the only one taking all the stuff and makes it lock them out for 24 Hours? that would remove Gift hogging and make it more fair to other players also add a Titan Taming Cool Down as well since players are also hogging Titans preventing players from getting the stuff they need for king titan (Ascension).

gift drop are like beacon.  Be the first to snatch them... Unless that server is pvp .

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:56 AM, SubtendedCrib8 said:

So hypothetically if I were to set the launch parameters to ActiveEvent=FearEvolved, would that then enable the fear evolved event? Or is the ActiveEvent= a new system and/or only compatible with Winter Wonderland?

normally you should be able to do every event anytime on unofficial servers

Hey Devs! I was hoping we could get some TLC on extinction in the future, possibly having the ability to open some of the doors to the inside of the buildings in sanctuary opening space to build bases and maybe find a loot crates or 2. Could even have a few creatures in the buildings to clear out like araneos. Not saying the entire interior of the buildings but maybe one large open space with some barricaded or collapsed hallways to keep it contained and not be to much to add. A building with a level full of hallways would be good for PVP shooting matches. Maybe even 2 floors of the same building specifically made for just hallway PVP matches like a throw back to the 007 Golden Eye-style PVP levels. It would add a lot more life and dynamic to the map and give people some more options for places to explore, build, and ways to utilize the map for players without having to add new playable space to the map itself. Really think it could be a small but very valuable long term addition. Maybe even drop some secrets of the people who used to work and live inside those buildings. Making you use drone scouts or some other way to open the doors to get into the buildings in the first place would be a fun challenge early game with the reward of a unique and safe base location against other players. I really think it could bring a lot more life to the sanctuary City and give us more to do in there rather then just hide from the rest of the map safely... I think it would be a really smart move for an already great, but at the same time, kind of lacking map. It would really flush it out and bring it together making it much more unique and fun to play on. Some sniper posts in some of the windows would be a fun add also for PVP. You can do so much with those buildings I really think it is a waste not to lol. Would really think about it for the future...

Edited by GhostCreep

5 hours ago, GP said:

In the past Raptor Claus has not necessarily appeared every single night ingame. Have you tried looking around areas where Parasaurs spawn to see if you can spot any Gacha Claus?

ok got it, so its a random thing, I was expecting to see a visual difference, like a bunch of snow, drops are presents etc. thank you for the reply ?

8 hours ago, zombietox said:

Hello everyone I have one question that someone asked but not seemed to be answered? So me and my husband are newbies to this game entirely and this would be our first event! We run a dedicated server with Nitrado, would this still be brought into our game aswell? 

My wife and I run a dedicated server through Nitrado also, and yes the events should be active on that server. The only way they wouldn't is if the server settings don't allow for the current event to be active, which you would have to manually change.

Is the enforcer buff working yet? or is it even a known bug?
on PC patch v287.110 enforcers

• Reduced damage taken from corrupted dinos by 60%

Basically, enforcers got a buff that never actually gave them the damage reduction that this specifies, I knew right away because I've been using them day one on the DLCs release.

So They still take full damage from corrupted creatures I did try to craft a new one after the buff patch just to make sure and nope nothing. I searched the forums a bit and there doesn't seem to be much talk about it so thought I would try to bring more attention to it see if it's just specific people or something.

57 minutes ago, DemonicGinger said:

Hi so I have Ark downloaded onto my PS4 and I just installed the Winter Wonderland update, but nothing is happening. I didn't get any of the content that was offered by the update. What should I do?

It should be automatically loaded. Just wait until midnight and Santa Raptor will show up if you were a good boy. My map isn’t all snow, which I thought it would be so I also thought it wasn’t active in my server then sure enough Raptor Clause came through dropping presents across the map:)