Community Crunch 161: Winter Wonderland 2018!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, NOAHWOLF4000 said:

Is an event also availeble  on single player

As the OP states:

Winter Wonderland is almost here! This winter-themed holiday event begins tomorrow at 10am PST for PC, Xbox, and PS4 and will last through until January 7th. All of our maps are supported in both single player and multiplayer.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

It looks like the maps have (at least some) increased snow coverage. Am I seeing that right?

Not quite sure about that picture, but I do believe none of the maps will have snow covered areas. I'm not sure if there is any area that has an increased snow coverage, but there won't be snow-covered maps. In all honest i don't believe there will be any difference in snow coverage.

It was mentioned by ChrisW here: 

12 minutes ago, GP said:

Not quite sure about that picture, but I do believe none of the maps will have snow covered areas. I'm not sure if there is any area that has an increased snow coverage, but there won't be snow-covered maps. In all honest i don't believe there will be any difference in snow coverage.

It was mentioned by ChrisW here: 

Ah well, that’s kind of sad, but I completely understand. It would be a ton of work. Hopefully 2020 and beyond when they’re working on Ark’s sequel they can build their maps in such a way that similar changes would be much less daunting. *fingers crossed*

Regardless , looking to be an awesome event!

Edited by CyanicEmber

I think The reason the map(s) don't change with the seasons anymore is it was only ever on Island, back when it was the only map. I completely understand, with all the work and all to add it to the others. I admit it would be somewhat of a stretch on scorched earth, but I digress.

It was really cool having "real" seasons on the map. I do know the first winter Wonderland caused many people to get mad even though they were warned for a month the weather was going to get colder and to make the appropriate arrangements.  It was quite refreshing to have another survival factor thrown into the mix every now and again.  Just like real life, the fall colors came out and then winter set in. It was cool (literally) heh.

11 hours ago, lilpanda said:

Fear Evolved is not supported in the ActiveEvent system as we only began using it this year and didn't have Fear Evolved this year. ActiveEvent can be used for: Easter, Arkaeology, ExtinctionChronicles, and WinterWonderland.

Can we activate more than one event at a time? Like in a comma list?

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, SaraVieira said:

How about baby gachas? They need to be Constance feeding the baby because he eats more then snow owl. That is other thing to fix and what they produce in baby stays in grown up to. From what i heard what they produce in baby changes when grown up.

The production for a Gacha is not meant to change between baby and adult. Currently it doesn't change, pretty sure that's intended.