What would you do ?

SmokeyB

What would you do if you had a dumb ass in your tribe as the leader ? 

Like a proper dumb ass telleng you don't farm the element gatcha,  or don't use the rep ? Telling you don't breed stegos they are useless breed hyeanadons and featherlights lol telling you to not make weapons and ammo or breed loads of tames ? On a PvP server. ?  You love the base , love your tribe mates, love your alliance  but one idiot on a power trip is making it unfun.

What would you do ?

4 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

If all tribemembers think the same: leave him alone, create a new tribe and kick his butt when you're at his level/weaponry/bred creatures. ;)

Definitely form a side alliance and then when in a position to go out into the wide world, come back and let him know who is boss.

Firstly though, have you tried talking to your tribeleader and alliance partners?

18 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Definitely form a side alliance and then when in a position to go out into the wide world, come back and let him know who is boss.

Firstly though, have you tried talking to your tribeleader and alliance partners?

I tried talking to him but he's a weird old red neck , I could take stuff but what then I gotta play on my own ? I don't want to fight the tribe or alliance just this one dude , and I don't want to play alone it's boring. 

that is the thing with clans, tribes and groups making games was ways get someone on a power trip when in a leadership role that why say when I make a tribe or my friends or we if we join one we make sure the tribe don't have a leader on a power trip and we use the musteteer's saying  "one for all and all for one" because if you stop your tribe form making  weapons and ammo then how are you going to stop form being raided also stegos  are not ueslss  as if you do them the right way they make good pvp turret soaker and a tank to you should  let your leader to read the official ark wikk

55 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

I tried talking to him but he's a weird old red neck , I could take stuff but what then I gotta play on my own ? I don't want to fight the tribe or alliance just this one dude , and I don't want to play alone it's boring. 

Try making friends on the forums to see if there are any tribes you can transfer over to?

Gather your tribe together for a chat to see if there needs to be a change of leader and to vote?

various ways of going about it but thats the challenges of tribes/clans :(

In all fairness, as tough as this game can be solo, if your leader is an idiot, you're better off on your own.  There's always the "Question him" possibility.  When he makes a stupid claim, question him on it.  If he legitimately claims "Stegos are worthless to breed", then ask why he thinks that?  Prepare yourself with facts to back up your stance.  When you question him, make it a tribe chat thing.  This type of thing doesn't belong in public chat.  This is also the kind of practice that shouldn't be taken lightly and can easily backfire.  Prepare for that too.  If there are any tames that you feel are yours, cryo them and have them on your character before hand.  If he's making asinine claims, then he'll likely be angry when questioned.  If he's indeed wrong, then others in the tribe will likely speak up as well in your favor.  With enough backing, he should back down from his stubborn stance.

5 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

In all fairness, as tough as this game can be solo, if your leader is an idiot, you're better off on your own.  There's always the "Question him" possibility.  When he makes a stupid claim, question him on it.  If he legitimately claims "Stegos are worthless to breed", then ask why he thinks that?  Prepare yourself with facts to back up your stance.  When you question him, make it a tribe chat thing.  This type of thing doesn't belong in public chat.  This is also the kind of practice that shouldn't be taken lightly and can easily backfire.  Prepare for that too.  If there are any tames that you feel are yours, cryo them and have them on your character before hand.  If he's making asinine claims, then he'll likely be angry when questioned.  If he's indeed wrong, then others in the tribe will likely speak up as well in your favor.  With enough backing, he should back down from his stubborn stance.

When he said don't breed stegos useless tame breed something useful like hyeanadons or therizinos I lost all will to argue , like I dont even have words. There's no arguing with stupid .

I didn't say argue, I said question.  The purpose of arguing is to make the other side accept your stance.  The purpose of questioning is to make others see your example.  Your goal shouldn't be to make him accept that you're right.  It should be to let him know that you and your tribemates won't stand by for stupidity.  He will do one of 2 things.  He will concede, and things will be smoother from then on, or he will dictate, and that will cause dissent in the tribe leading to him likely being alone shortly thereafter.

Tie him up to a chair with handcuffs with a wallsign in front of it saying "intervention" and you and some like-minded people sit in a bench on the side of the sign and calmly and politely explain to him that a tribe is about its members, not its leader and that he should listen to what people want to do and either reason them out of it or accept it as a valid idea, and not impose a way. 

Also, if he eats his own poop, prepare an emergency snow owl, so he listen until the end. 

Don't forget to untie him once over. 

Worst come to worst, make a prison, you just have to find people on warden duty to cater to the suicidal urges of the prisoners. Just don't forget to cryo your dinos, so that if he kicks you mid discussion, you already hid them away in a pinlocked box. So you can die there, no problem. 

4 minutes ago, Tht1gamr said:

ignore him and do what you want to do and if he tries to tell you to do something different tell him you want to do what you're doing. At the end of the day it's a game and he can't control you.

This is about the worst advice in this thread.  Yes.  It's a game.  Yes, he can't control you.  This is the absolute WRONG way to interact with other people, however, be it in a game or in real life.  While this IS a game, it's a REAL person you're interacting with. 

8 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

This is about the worst advice in this thread.  Yes.  It's a game.  Yes, he can't control you.  This is the absolute WRONG way to interact with other people, however, be it in a game or in real life.  While this IS a game, it's a REAL person you're interacting with. 

Yeah a real person on a game trying to tell you what to do in your free time lol  people get enough of that in real life to be arsed for it in a game 

20 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

you don't want people controlling you especially in a game. you should do what you please.

Never did I once say to let someone control you.  I gave a suggestion that is a much more appropriate way of handling the situation than "lawl do whatever you want!!"  The problem with your suggestion of just doing your own thing is that it breeds more of that behavior.  It solves nothing.  The solution to ignorance is never more ignorance.  

Just now, banggugyangu said:

Never did I once say to let someone control you.  I gave a suggestion that is a much more appropriate way of handling the situation than "lawl do whatever you want!!"  The problem with your suggestion of just doing your own thing is that it breeds more of that behavior.  It solves nothing.  The solution to ignorance is never more ignorance.  

it's not ignorance its called not being someones B**** and doing what YOU want to do. The way he made it seem was he wanted to do stuff and his leader isn't letting him do it. NOT ignorance at all.

Again.... I never once suggested letting the leader dictate.  I gave a suggestion to SOLVE the problem.  Just ignoring the tribe leader is not a solution.  It will only serve to cause further problems.  A solution is to either make the tribe leader come to an understanding or move on from the tribe.  Your suggestion will accomplish neither.

Gain more respect from your tribemates than they have for the leader. Bide your time and wait for his stupidity to breed terrible results and use that event to spur a forced leadership change. If he doesnt step down force him out with the backing of your tribemates. 

Or you can inside your own tribe and jump servers but my first suggestion would be better for everyone... Except the old leader lol.

26 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Again.... I never once suggested letting the leader dictate.  I gave a suggestion to SOLVE the problem.  Just ignoring the tribe leader is not a solution.  It will only serve to cause further problems.  A solution is to either make the tribe leader come to an understanding or move on from the tribe.  Your suggestion will accomplish neither.

and i'm not saying ignore the leader, i'm saying do your own thing if you really want to do it. If you can make the leader come to an understanding then GREAT! but the likeliness of that happening is VERY slim

Archived