Tribe Recruiting TLC

Cyberknight

Hi guys and gals,

Now with the festive season at hand, the server I'm playing on is starting to get more and more new people joining, however, established tribes like the one I have are not recruiting these players...

So why aren't we recruiting...  TRUST... no established tribe I've been in or know on the servers I've played has been unaffected by this... New Players looks like a good candidate... you recruit him/her... next thing you know they are gone... so is your best Blue Prints,  Gear,  Saddles and even Dinos.

Now I'm not saying redo the whole game but this is something that in my opinions could do with some TLC... what I would like to see is the following;

• VAULTS & STORAGE BOXES - Make vaults and purchasable storage boxes lockable similar to current door access (Admin/Manager Recruiter/Grunt)
  • CRAFTING STATIONS - Make Smithy's, Fabricators, etc.. also lockable (if I have BP in my Smithy it can be used but not removed if smithy set to admin level)
  • SADDLE REMOVAL - Make Saddle removal from dinos Player Level Lockable (a player can use dino, but only remove saddles from dinos if his character level is equal to or higher than required level to craft a saddle) or Make Saddles Lockable again similar to door system.

Correct me if wrong, but established tribes and their active player's are the backbone of Ark they are the ones that can make the "Ark Experience" enjoyable for people new to the game or end up chasing them away from it, make the items we work so hard on collecting safer and recruiting and active membership will increase...

Finally, there is a flip side to this also, I have seen tribes (new & established) recruit new players then take their dinos and stuff then kick them from tribe... I would not mind seeing new player protection with a cooldown period for their dinos before it becomes part of a tribe.

You can protect a lot of the stuff by building a separate room or structure and setting the door limit on it to high for them. Works with dino storage as well, but building a pen big enough for brontos ect is annoying.

As for protecting the joining member, well if you stuff and dinos then you've been around them a while. Alliance up, join discord, get to know them before making the swap to minimize this risk.

I agree with Ken.

For Vaults, storage boxes, crafting stations, etc. put them in a room that has the doors all set to high level access only.

The saddle issue is a bit more difficult but doable. Simply build a small building, maybe 1 foundation, with walls, a roof, and a door. Keep all saddles in a box or vault (vault is much safer if you are concerned about damage in any way) in that building, and set it to access only by high level members.

Is it highly annoying to go to such lengths because people are so untrustworthy? Yes. But it is simply the only way to handle it, apart from not taking in new members.

- Rakkasan

Ken, unfortunately, that's only partial protection... anyone you make a manager can just break the wall next to your admin level door and have full access...  also most people playing ark don't have discord and are probably minors...  Most parents won't be happy if their children get chatty with adults on discord, I am a parent and a "Gaming Dad" so yeah my 13-year-old son using discord unsupervised not gonna happen. 

Also, it's really not that hard glitching through dino gates or behemoth gates, so your suggestions have some merit but not really a solution.

Yea there is no perfect solution to the situation, however it's part of ark. I've found that keeping most folks low ranks for a long time helps avoid most of the situation but I've still lost tames and stuff.

A good portion of mobile players have discord from what I have seen. Your right about the minors, I always make everyone jump into chat least once for a minute or 2 to help make sure I'm not tribing up with children.

My point with this post is to put it out there that if our stuff was more protected we would actually recruit more new members and what I think would help to make our stuff safer to do so.  Because I'm not recruiting members for that exact reason and many big tribes on my server neither, it's just not worth the risk

It's a good point, and I agree 100% that being able to better protect your loot and tames would be nice. Most established tribes run into this problem as no matter what your taking a risk with a new tribe member. Even with all tribe setting to personally owned you can still run into theft/grief issues.

I was simply trying to point out what we can do to try and help until we get better options. I cant even figure out changes they could make to help. A better pin code mechanic for securing loot, but for tames I'm at a loss.

Ken is pretty spot on.

Just sitting here thinking about this because, due to a major betrayal, my tribe is down to 6 members, of which only I and one other actually play anymore.

Lost 35 tames due to that, and had 2 bookshelves full of awesome weapons, armor and equipment blueprints stolen by an old tribemember.

Now I'm having to recruit and don't like it.

But you know, in one sense, it's like real life. Trust. No matter what you do; no matter how hard you work to vet people and test them before trusting them, there will always be betrayals.

PvE, however, then becomes less like real life, in that you have no way (no legal way) to catch and punish the offender. 

:(

Yes. I wish they would make the game a bit safer. In the meantime, I'll follow the old saying,

"Locks keep honest men honest." :)

• 11 months later...

Lol this feed is the reason I like playing solo in multiplayer servers ?. It's hard and challenging the first 50 - to 60 levels. Coming back in and finding out my house is in ruins and my tames are dead. But after that when I finally get turrets I finally take a small break, still get raided a lot. But at least it's not every time I log back in.

Only thing that sucks about it is that I got only 12 taming slots and that my progress is incredibly slow (I'm solo and have no one to help me) but at the end my work always pays off, and then I get to turn the tables and raid the other people that used to use me as a punching bag.

I learned the hard way several times not to trust anyone, as friendly as they appear in chat when we finally come face to face they usually end up backstabbing me in the first few hours. Even when it comes to trading I can't trust anyone.

Yesterday I started playing on a new easy PvP unofficial server. I was only level 17 and really wanted to fly in a ptera. So i typed in chat if someone was willing to trade for a saddle. A bit later I made an agreement to trade with this other dude that claimed he was level 72 and that he could make me a saddle in exchange for 200 chitin and 500 wood. I disagreed.

We negotiated until it came down to the price of 60 chitin and 150 wood (I'm pretty good at getting people to lower their prices, well usually). We decided to meet near the red obelisk. I put all of my stuff on a chest (for safety precautions, which later came out to be useful) and only took the 60 chitin and 150 wood with me. When I got there he was already waiting for me on his argy (I'm not gonna mention his name or tribe). So our agreement had been to be fully naked and with only the stuff that we where gonna trade. He broke that rule, he had a hatchet on his hands. Naturally, I stuck to the rules. Then he was supposed to drop the ptera saddle, I pick it up and then drop him his chitin and wood and then go our seperate ways.

Well, it didn't happen that way, he dismounted, we looked at each other for about 10 seconds. Me obviously waiting for the saddle. Then he took out a longneck rifle, knocked me down with one shot, took the chitin and wood, and then pecked me to death with his argy. 
Now don't think I'm stupid, I was already expecting something like this to happen since the beginning from when I first saw him. But I was already there, so might as well try. I spent the next 40 or so minutes looking for his base, I found it. It's huge, has plant species x seeds but no turrets (or at least none that I could see) but has a weak unprotected spot where I can easily jump down by from a nearby cliff and use a parachute to get through. Then I can blow it down with a c4 and get in. I will have to watch out for turrets inside his base though. 
But yesterady I leveled up to level 43, today I'm gonna focus on getting to 65 so I can make c4 and raid this dude for being an asshole. He's base is only stone, so it shouldn't be hard. 
As far as I've seen there's only 3 people in his tribe (which is the max amount of people in a tribe in that unofficial server). And only one of them seems to be decent at the game (which is the same dude who killed me). The other 2 just run around the base without doing nothing in particular and go afk all the time. Btw I spent about 50 to 60 minutes scouting them out and looking for potential weak or undefended spots, already found the one I explained.

Today it's gonna be about leveling and getting ready. Tomorrow It's gonna be time to show them to stick to the plan when it comes to trading with me. I take revenge seriously, and if you do something to me that makes me dislike you (notice how I didn't say hate) then I will plan my revenge ?

And not to bragg or anything, but my plans usually work out right! I have killed myself with falls and by forgetting that there was a turret here or there sometimes ? And once someone actually managed to bola me and cage me for about 3 days (real life time). But it's uncommon.

So yeah, I don't trust anyone if it's PvP

Archived