Quetzal Spawns Have Changed

Bush84

A couple of updates ago quetz spawns changed. I had to restart my game and once again I am looking for a quetz. As soon as it seems that I had it down and always knew where to find a couple, they change it. My second game I stumbled upon three and tamed those. In my newest game I am to the point of looking for some. I saw an incredibly low level quetz by red ob and killed it to get a new one to spawn. Seems another one hasn’t spawned. 

So this is what I’ve noticed. Instead of spawning in high they now spawn in low. They seem to then move up. They seem to have different spawn points now as well. 

Any other insight?

I've noticed that Quetzal spawning and Giganotosaurus spawning are linked. If I find one has spawned in on the map, I can usually find the other. I've also noticed that they seem to be similar to Titanosaurus, where only three at a time spawn in on the map. 

These are the Quetzal spawn points i've noticed

Over the desert island associated with Cragg's Island near the red obelisk
Northwest slopes of Frozen Fang
Northern slopes of Whitesky Peak
Southeastern Shores
Far eastern patch of the Southern Islets

Sorry I don't have the coordinates, I can get those for you if you really need them, but it'll take me a moment to figure out where I left my GPS. 

Triple post. Just a little follow up from what I have learned. I still haven’t found a consistent spawn point except for the red on, however there seem to be two there. There’s the one right above crags. It spawns right at the tree tops about the center of the island. The second is right on the south to south eastern part of the actual ob. Like at the rocky base. If one doesn’t spawn above crags it’s waiting at the souther aspect of the ob. If it’s crappy kill it and circle back around. I literally circle the ob and check crags and then the southern ob again.  There will be another quetz waiting. Unfortunately I have killed a dozen or more quetz in my quest to find a high level quetz. 180 was the highest I found which isn’t good enough. I decided I had enough. I’ll try again tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed. I parked a house boat close by for easy refueling so to speak and sleeping. 

• 5 months later...

Archived