PVE base defense on unoffical possible?

IGFone

Hi guys, I have a question regarding the Extinction map. I want to buy this DLC + rent an unoffical PVE server just because of the corrupted dino's. Does anyone know if you have to actively defend your base against the corrupted dino's? I'd love to have an incentive to keep defending and upgrading the base on PVE.

Well I do know its possible to build in one of the drop pod locations but using spawn codes the pods drop at the nearest random location. Would be a good idea for a mod but one thing you could try is building in the forbidden zone as thats where the majority of corrupt dinos spawn. The dino spawns are alot quicker on extinction as well.

2 hours ago, IGFone said:

Do corrupted venture outside the Wasteland into other biomes?

Yes. But usually because they are chasing a Dino so they won’t get that far in. 

For your first question if you build in the city just build up higher in the sky and you won’t have to worry that much about defense. Or build in the forest. 

1 hour ago, Novawiz00 said:

Yes. But usually because they are chasing a Dino so they won’t get that far in. 

For your first question if you build in the city just build up higher in the sky and you won’t have to worry that much about defense. Or build in the forest. 

I want to worry about defending my base against corrupted. That will be part of the fun for my friends and me; having a solid base and keep that up while we slowly expand. Hope this is possible on Extinction.

I see what you are getting at, but I don't think you are going to get what you are after exactly. You could build out in the wasteland in the corrupted spawn areas, however there aren't going to be meaningful waves of stuff attacking your base trying to destroy it.

It will be more like having a minor rodent infestation. A few corrupted now and then will attack your walls, but will cause very minimal damage to them if you have enough plant X set up. More of a minor nuisance. (If a high level giga comes, and you are under defended, then things may get interesting.)

The other problem you will have is meteors. Meteor showers happen pretty regularly, so it is extremely ill advised to build out in the open in the wasteland. Having a meteor hit your base and destroying everything and killing all your dinos isn't a challenge and fun, it's just depressing lol.

I recommend building somewhere that has a pre existing roof. There's a location between the snow and desert biome, which I recommend (closer to snow). And another spot pry around 50 20 (going off of map memory, I may be off) between the sunken forest entrance and the sulfer flats.

With that being said, good luck! I hope it pans out for you :)

9 hours ago, WolfBrink said:

I see what you are getting at, but I don't think you are going to get what you are after exactly. You could build out in the wasteland in the corrupted spawn areas, however there aren't going to be meaningful waves of stuff attacking your base trying to destroy it.

It will be more like having a minor rodent infestation. A few corrupted now and then will attack your walls, but will cause very minimal damage to them if you have enough plant X set up. More of a minor nuisance. (If a high level giga comes, and you are under defended, then things may get interesting.)

The other problem you will have is meteors. Meteor showers happen pretty regularly, so it is extremely ill advised to build out in the open in the wasteland. Having a meteor hit your base and destroying everything and killing all your dinos isn't a challenge and fun, it's just depressing lol.

I recommend building somewhere that has a pre existing roof. There's a location between the snow and desert biome, which I recommend (closer to snow). And another spot pry around 50 20 (going off of map memory, I may be off) between the sunken forest entrance and the sulfer flats.

With that being said, good luck! I hope it pans out for you :)

Thank you, we will try that.

How cool would it be if they 'steal' the 7 Days to Die mechanic. In that wat a survival game stays a survival game, especially on PVE where you don't have human enemy.

2 hours ago, IGFone said:

Thank you, we will try that.

How cool would it be if they 'steal' the 7 Days to Die mechanic. In that wat a survival game stays a survival game, especially on PVE where you don't have human enemy.

Build at one of the gates to the wasteland, your base will be protected from meteors but you can build outside to have that feel. If you limit your harvesting to only wasteland youll have to prep every venture. Can be fun withouy extremley punishinh

Hey, someone who has been grinding extinction here. It really depends on where you build, there are some areas where you will constantly be surrounded with around 20 or so corrupted gigas, and some areas with very minimal amounts of danger in sight, I recommend just exploring the map, to see if there is an area right for you.

There are old two bases throughout the waste land they are good as you can tactically build there, and bty corrupt creature sick onto structures and do decent damage I suggest metal velanotowers and turret towers (to deal with big game). I have a great base going but into a old base left by Helena and the others real good against dinosaurs. It’s worth buolding as it gives you something to do after taking titans and killing king titan

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 5:08 PM, IGFone said:

I want to worry about defending my base against corrupted. That will be part of the fun for my friends and me; having a solid base and keep that up while we slowly expand. Hope this is possible on Extinction.

the sanctuary has 2 giant gates, 1 north side 1 south, go to the north one and keep heading north, right up an ally where corrupted dinos will spawn directly on top of you, try to build there and GL as if your in aggro range for corrupted you will be having gigas and wyvers come at you all the time

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, IGFone said:

Hi guys, I have a question regarding the Extinction map. I want to buy this DLC + rent an unoffical PVE server just because of the corrupted dino's. Does anyone know if you have to actively defend your base against the corrupted dino's? I'd love to have an incentive to keep defending and upgrading the base on PVE.

go straight north from the center of the city/map through the giant gateway in the city, keep heading north, there is a valley loaded with corrupted that will continue to spawn while in render range

Archived