a tribe just lead a titanosaur to my fort and wiped all my pets

Jemcrystal

You are ignoring my point that Titans never used to kill pets on PvE.  I have had them stomp thru my base for over a year without harming a thing while I cheered on players attempting to tame them.  Not until the DLC dropped did this change.  Back then, we did not have to build a wall around our bases.  We only needed Plant Species X to keep the alphas off. 

And I repeat how on a level capped 44 server am I to build giant walls when I cannot buy the engram for it?

And if you want more conspiracy theories, I am wondering if Wildcard isn't personally getting rid of old players that don't make them money so they can slip in new players who pay the $60.  It's not like I haven't seen all these suspicions repeated in loop.  Beginning to wonder if there's any truth to it.

Seems strange the Titan and Bronto both had the ability to rip thru my pets tonight when it's never happened before.  Before the Bronto just pushed my pets back a few feet.  Yet suddenly everything was high test to take out my stuff in one hit?  

Also, before that my pets were dropping dead from starvation when the feeders were full and their food bar was full.

I am talking I think there is a hacker problem.  Unless Wildcard themselves have been corrupted.

kbDnLLY.png

52 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Maybe try a fence the entire way around your base...

Since when cant Titanosaurs attack mounts?

And gotta love your last part bout being attack so they gotta be a hacker or paid off GM, like are you for real 

The picture does not show that I do not have a fence all the way around my base.  Are you on my server?  

Are those dino gates? Titans step right over those. They probably used creative mechanics to get it to attack

You act as if someone owes you something.. you got wiped on PvE by PvE mechanics. You aren't going to find any sympathy here for this. Next time I suggest having behemoth gates so you will actually keep a titan out instead if inviting it to play smash the beetle in your base.

2 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

This wasn't game dynamics this was an attack by a tribe who is probably hacking.  Or maybe an Admin on Official who has been paid off.  Someone lead a Bronto and Titan to my base and outpost in short order.  The titan is not suppose to damage pets on pve.

It was not hacking, it wasn't an admin or an official. There isn't some covert conspiracy and it's kind of concerning that your mind went straight there without first trying to understand what actually happened. "THEY'RE OUT TO GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If a titanosaur is attacked, it will attack back. By the look of things, the titano probably wandered nearby (or was dragged nearby) and your plant turrets aggroed it. If your turrets aggro something and it starts attacking your base, dinos on neutral or attack-target will also attack it. Most smaller dinos that attack a titan die.

The more dinos you have, the bigger your fence/walls should be. If you don't have the dinos to defend from large creatures, the walls should be very tall and you should keep your turrets within the walls so they don't attack random creatures walking by. Dino gates are not sufficient to keep your dinos or base safe from titanos.

1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

And if you want more conspiracy theories, I am wondering if Wildcard isn't personally getting rid of old players that don't make them money so they can slip in new players who pay the $60.  It's not like I haven't seen all these suspicions repeated in loop.  Beginning to wonder if there's any truth to it.

Put the pipe down.

• Volunteer Moderator

Nice hat! Where did you get that skin from?

Spoiler

dd9.jpeg

Seems strange the Titan and Bronto both had the ability to rip thru my pets tonight when it's never happened before.  Before the Bronto just pushed my pets back a few feet.  Yet suddenly everything was high test to take out my stuff in one hit?

There are a few scenarios this can happens without any other players involved. For example, a raptor chasing a chicken, the chicken run toward the titan, the raptor accidentally damage the titan while killing the chicken, the titan is not happy about it, attack the raptor while damaging your neutral dinos that all go for the titan and just like that the aggro is now on you.

They fixed the Titans a while back so Plant Species X does not target them.  Nor if Plant X targeted something by them would the Titan react.  I witness my X killing fish when Titans went by - nothing.

We cannot craft Behemoth gates on Beginner Official.

The Titan cannot attack your pets unless your pets agro the titan.  I witness this countless times.  People would march a Titan around, thru, over, under, on top of my base will wacking  the thing into a raging fit.  But it DID NOT HARM MY BASE OR PETS before now.  I am telling you the Titan is broken on PvE.  It was nerfed and now it is unnerfed.  It should not act like this for the PvE servers.

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE TITAN OR SOMEONE IS HACKING THE GAME SO OUR PETS ARE WEAK AND TITAN/BRONTO ARE OP'd on PvE

The only exception was if you had your pets set on neutral.  Something has changed.

6 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

They fixed the Titans a while back so Plant Species X does not target them.  Nor if Plant X targeted something by them would the Titan react.  I witness my X killing fish when Titans went by - nothing.

We cannot craft Behemoth gates on Beginner Official.

The Titan cannot attack your pets unless your pets agro the titan.  I witness this countless times.  People would march a Titan around, thru, over, under, on top of my base will wacking  the thing into a raging fit.  But it DID NOT HARM MY BASE OR PETS before now.  I am telling you the Titan is broken on PvE.  It was nerfed and now it is unnerfed.  It should not act like this for the PvE servers.

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE TITAN OR SOMEONE IS HACKING THE GAME SO OUR PETS ARE WEAK AND TITAN/BRONTO ARE OP'd on PvE

The only exception was if you had your pets set on neutral.  Something has changed.

Are you 100% positive you didnt have a pet on neutral by accident then? It doesnt add up.

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Yes, the plants will not target the Titans directly. However, if your plant misses a moving target, the spore might hit the titan behind and you can be sure it will aggro. Same if the titan attack something and your neutral dinos gets hit; it will aggro and it always been like that. The titan will not cause footsteps damage while walking, nor will be targeted by turrets if it is wild, but if anything owned by you (turret that misses its target, neutral dino that defends itself, etc) deals damage to the Titan it will aggro and that is nothing new.

34 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Of course, someone is hacking the game to ensure your level 50 Pteras gets killed; makes sense. I understand you are mad, but that, along with "an admin that got paid to wipe me" sounds pretty ridiculous claims to makes. ?

Players should not be able to kite Brontos and Titans to destroy other player's pets, player character, or constructions on a PvE server.  This was fixed at one point but now it is broke again.  The Titan and Bronto did not walk up to my base and go ape for no reason.  They were kited to my base by someone.  These are PvP dynamics being put into play on a PvE server.  This is very wrong.

Players have always been able to lure dinos. Always. It's not something you can change. Lured dinos, unless aggressive, will not attack your base or your dinos. Your tames that are caught in the crossfire will also not receive damage, nor will your base. However, as has been stated already, some situations can cause agro to be transferred to your dinos if your dinos happen to be on neutral. Freak accident, quite possibly, but paid off admins or hacking is highly unlikely. It is demoralizing, and it makes you angry, but, unfortunately, these things happen. 

I remember losing 10 baby gigas due to a bug with stasis. They had just made it to juvenile. What that means is I stayed up all night to feed them. 28 hours of baby phase wasted. It really sucks.

Yep again build defensively and this wont happen. No im not on your server but I offered sound advice and clearly you weren't already following it otherwise this wouldn't have happened. 

So how bout instead of throwing baseless accusations of evil GMs or hackers, or blaming game mechanics you dont understand properly, you learn how to avoid this in the future. Keep in mind even in PvE people are jerks.

6 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

It was not hacking, it wasn't an admin or an official. There isn't some covert conspiracy and it's kind of concerning that your mind went straight there without first trying to understand what actually happened. "THEY'RE OUT TO GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If a titanosaur is attacked, it will attack back. By the look of things, the titano probably wandered nearby (or was dragged nearby) and your plant turrets aggroed it. If your turrets aggro something and it starts attacking your base, dinos on neutral or attack-target will also attack it. Most smaller dinos that attack a titan die.

The more dinos you have, the bigger your fence/walls should be. If you don't have the dinos to defend from large creatures, the walls should be very tall and you should keep your turrets within the walls so they don't attack random creatures walking by. Dino gates are not sufficient to keep your dinos or base safe from titanos.

Put the pipe down.

just a fyi at least on officials plant X does not attack a titan when its set to "all" . I recently had a encounter when a player exploited titan on my base that wc isnt doing jack about as the mechanics do not work the way that my base got attacked in particular either .

(ive messed with titanosaurs since they came out and know how they work well so iam not "new here")

Why is everyone thinking OP is an idiot? Maybe a little weird with the conspiracy thing..

But another player on PvE leading a titanosaur to your base is definitely against the rules and is considered griefing. Which is bannable in PvE. That’s why people join PvE, to get away from the psychopaths that kill other players constantly. You aren’t supposed to have any hostile interactions with people at all.

What’s the BS response this time? “Don’t like it, go to single player bruh”

23 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Of course, someone is hacking the game to ensure your level 50 Pteras gets killed; makes sense. I understand you are mad, but that, along with "an admin that got paid to wipe me" sounds pretty ridiculous claims to makes. ?

Maybe how Wildcard handled Things about TEA, lets some People think that way.

Kiting on PvE is against the official rules but good luck providing evidence of the offending tribe to the enforcement team. Like others have said, it could well have been your own defences that set the Titan off. I’d recommend keeping your turret defences where they are, but building behemoth gates a lot further out to keep the biggest dinos away without fear of aggro from your defences.

Are you sure none of your dinos were set to aggressive? A new bug we have noticed is tames changing their behavior randomly from passive.

Sounds like its a good time to head to the Obi and jump to the main cluster. Your only experiencing a small taste of Ark staying on begginers and are actually more vulnerable from the lack on engrams and good tames for defense, instead of safer because of lower lvl dino spawns.

And I assure you if WC was trying to purge older players they wouldn't be doing it on a beginner's server lol.

Archived