new color mutation A new dino color, unknown ID. Have you seen this before?

Fresonis

Heya, I got myself a funky color mutation. I checked the color id's of the creatures, but its not there. So it's unknown what the color ID is for this one. No it's not any of the blue or purple colors that are know on the wiki. Has any of you seen this color before? Does anyone maybe even know the color ID for it?
In case you wonder for the known color IDs you can check them here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Color_IDs

image.thumb.png.5982ec2073fd163c411f8b0dd7e65617.png

In case you wonder, here is a picture of the blue and purple next to it.
Someone on my discord says its because the textures are distorting the color.....
but that would mean this color is a "normal" color of the color ID list, but due to a glitch it turns into this bright purple. 
I'm so confused with this.

image.thumb.png.b7e7e52156f876b947310cfa9be155a9.png

14 minutes ago, Fresonis said:

I tried more ID's, but after ID 56, the list keeps repeating it self, so 57 is the same as nr 1 etc etc. I went up to between 100 and 200, but nothing new appeared. only the same colors of the list, repeating itself.

Assuming that there are in fact new IDs, it’s entirely possible that they use a different identification convention, maybe incorporating letters or a ‘-‘ or something.

I guess only the Devs can give a definitive answer.

• 1 month later...

if you upload the ARK park export data into ark smart breeder it will tell you the color id's on each region. or for that matter they are in plain text you can select export dino from the options on it's wheel and find the text document in the appropriate folder

steam>steamapps>common>ark>shootergame>saved>dinoexports

Every colour is marked. To me it looks like one of the Wyvern Purple variants.

Do yourself a favour and download Smart Breeder, then export these dinos from the options menu on the E wheel in-game. Once extracted into the smart breeder app it will tell you what colour regions they are.

The only time I have ever seen this fail is if the colour is part of an old database from previous updates of the game (such as when dinos got tlc updates).

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, NokTq said:

Really cool !
It's how much level wild " tamed " ?

Well it was from egg roulette. Came from a pair of 303 Argentavis with 60 stamina, 55 weight, 62 melee and 54 health (Approx 1200 stam, 1008 weight, 590 melee, 18k health). Took quite a bit to get a perfect bird. Our whole server is one tribe so I borrowed a few birds to get all of them together.

2 hours ago, cheetahcubb said:

Well it was from egg roulette. Came from a pair of 303 Argentavis with 60 stamina, 55 weight, 62 melee and 54 health (Approx 1200 stam, 1008 weight, 590 melee, 18k health). Took quite a bit to get a perfect bird. Our whole server is one tribe so I borrowed a few birds to get all of them together.

Ok but, it's ur wyvern ?

2 hours ago, cheetahcubb said:

Where does an argy come into this? O.o

12 hours ago, d1nk said:

Where does an argy come into this? O.o

Look into the mod egg roulette. Basically when the mod is enabled it allows any egg laying dino to drop any egg. It is all random so you don't know what you will get. So a dodo has a chance of laying a wyvern egg or even a giga. It will get the parents stats. So in this case I had some crazy argy's that I was breeding that dropped a poison wyvern egg.

I had a abb turtle that was same color tamed from holiday - I bred it numerous times that said it passed on the correct color combo but because of the blending it never looked the same.  I dont know why but for some reason its is unique - the color numbers are legit just looks diff.  It was pretty much same color too.  Was technically a pink/yellow/blue combo

turtle.jpg

@Freesonis, this is most likely due to how the body region in particular (5) blends with the rest. In Velonasaur's case, all of his six color regions are active, so try messing around with the other regions (0) (1) (4) and see what results you can get.

Any clue on what just happened to egg roulette? Looks like the mod got removed and there doesn't seem to be a proper spiritual successor to it. Oh well.

Archived