GeneralMyster

XboxOne Extinction dlc not registering as installed

So every time i try to load the extinction dlc ether it be a single player server or an official multiplayer server a pop up come up saying "Required Dlc not installed would you like to go to the store to install it?". Problem is i DO have it installed and going to the stor page does nothing but let me read a small bit of text saying " This product is installed". i have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the dlc and  re booting my xbox the issue still persists, non of the other dlc have this issue only extinction. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

The DLC is downloaded to your console but not installed in the game itself. The solution is a very easy fix.

-Go the Xbox Dashboard and select Ark. Do NOT launch the game.

-Go to the information section of the game. Select the Add-Ons tab. Open it.

-Doing that will show you all the available DLC for the game, maps included. Find Extinction and select it. It should give you the option to download/install. Click that button.

-The install should take only a few seconds. 

-Once done, return to the dashboard and launch Ark. You should be able to play Extinction now.