Filling a cryo fridge

SmokeyB

So in my tribe we are breeding to fill a personal cryo fridge each with tames . There is 72 slots in a fridge . What tames would you put in your fridge ?

I was thinking 

20 rexs 

10 pteras

5 tapajaras

5 argys 

10 stegos 

5 brontos

2 thylos

2  megalos

3 gigas

5 griffin's 

1 quetz 

1 reaper 

1 maganamr

1 wyvern 

1 ankylo

What would you take ?

3 hours ago, Tattare said:

on pve?   lolololololol

I have like 8000 dinos stored in cryoballs atm.    Well over my pve tribe cap.     I dont even look in fridges for dinos.   I just build new fridges and put more dinos into them.

At the point of like 8,000 tames that you literally toss into a box and never look at again... why bother?

I guess it depends on what you are trying to do for the breeding. If you are looking to breed for a line of muts then no point in cryoing as they will have a breed CD when you pop them out. For me, cryo is good for keeping the upkeep of a server down, so on our Island and Rag servers, we have practically podded all the best dinos and left the ones that dont require much feeding out. Just log in once a week to ensure all is ok. 

On our Center however, we just put our important dinos/raising dinos in the fridges. (Also put a load of eggers in as we have a full kibble chest now). 

On Ext our fridge is practically full of Gachas... sadly no Ele ones but plenty of Organic Polymer and Black Pearl ones.

I have a fridge specifically for male boss rexes.  I have another fridge for female boss rexes that I don't want to breed further.  I have 2 fridges on each server for general dinos that we don't want crowding the bases.  I'm about to make a couple spino fridges for rockwell dinos (same deal as rexes).  I like organization.

9 hours ago, Anarki said:

I guess it depends on what you are trying to do for the breeding. If you are looking to breed for a line of muts then no point in cryoing as they will have a breed CD when you pop them out. For me, cryo is good for keeping the upkeep of a server down, so on our Island and Rag servers, we have practically podded all the best dinos and left the ones that dont require much feeding out. Just log in once a week to ensure all is ok. 

On our Center however, we just put our important dinos/raising dinos in the fridges. (Also put a load of eggers in as we have a full kibble chest now). 

On Ext our fridge is practically full of Gachas... sadly no Ele ones but plenty of Organic Polymer and Black Pearl ones.

Ask for a clone on the server, doesn't cost that much. There is bound to be someone with it. 

1 fridge with male gacha, 1 fridge with female gacha, 1 fridge for utilities, 1 fridge for the breeding but not now, 1 fridge for the rest. 

Don't limit to one feidge, it's not that expensive anyway, might as well make several when you turn the replicator on. 

On 12/13/2018 at 5:33 AM, SmokeyB said:

So in my tribe we are breeding to fill a personal cryo fridge each with tames . There is 72 slots in a fridge . What tames would you put in your fridge ?

I was thinking 

20 rexs 

10 pteras

5 tapajaras

5 argys 

10 stegos 

5 brontos

2 thylos

2  megalos

3 gigas

5 griffin's 

1 quetz 

1 reaper 

1 maganamr

1 wyvern 

1 ankylo

What would you take ?

All of them. Put as much or as little as you like in the fridges. I keep a fridge for every dino that I like to breed. It's a great way to keep your breed lines organized. I also keep a few fridges for backup dinos for when I lose them. If I lose 15 rexes in a raid or a boss fight, I know I won't be defenseless (or low on defense) at my base.

Thanks for the replies guys 

But all of you seem to be missing the point of the question.

Yes we got loads of fridges , fridges with breeders fridges with raid dinos etc , we got all the tames we need in base already  breeding lines etc but this is for a personal fridge just for you . You don't need farm8ng dinos or boss rexs or anything useful , just 72 tames to keep in your personal fridge to do what you like with, take to servers and troll people or use when wars start etc .

I've put meat eating creatures (ex. Gigas, piggies, wyverns, drakes) that im not using for anything atm away in the cryofridge so i don't have to harvest as much meat when feeding everything. Put some mammal breeding projects I've put on hold away, left the egg laying ones out to collect fertilized eggs. Left most of my berry eaters out cause with 2 tail swipes from my bronto i get enough berries to feed them all. On aberration the roll rats passively collect berries and i use that to keep my herbivores fed there too. My tame cap is fine this way and feels like feeding everything is less of a chore so i can spend more time doing other things. 

Whatever works for you and makes you happy.

20 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Thanks for the replies guys 

But all of you seem to be missing the point of the question.

Yes we got loads of fridges , fridges with breeders fridges with raid dinos etc , we got all the tames we need in base already  breeding lines etc but this is for a personal fridge just for you . You don't need farm8ng dinos or boss rexs or anything useful , just 72 tames to keep in your personal fridge to do what you like with, take to servers and troll people or use when wars start etc .

72 dodos/lystros/jerboa x as many fridge as possible. 

Go on a server and threaten them to give you their best eggs and loads of metal or you are gonna cap the server with your alt account (actually your tribe mate with a fake chinese name). Write in broken english to make them think you are chinese. 

Spam the pods (doesn't matter if they sleep) to cap the server and keep it capped until they comply or send a gm after you. Hide a while in both case, repeat after a while in both case. 

21 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Go on a server and threaten them to give you their best eggs and loads of metal or you are gonna cap the server with your alt account (actually your tribe mate with a fake chinese name). Write in broken english to make them think you are chinese. 

Spam the pods (doesn't matter if they sleep) to cap the server and keep it capped until they comply or send a gm after you. Hide a while in both case, repeat after a while in both case. 

Cryo-warfare

21 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Lol pve version of a server wipe 

Hm...in a hypothetical, where I’d keep it like a suitcase for new games, I’d take:

- 30 dimorphodons (my largest deployment flock size)

- 10 gachas (metal x2, silica pearls x2 organic polymer x2, crystal x2, oil and element dust)

- 10 velonosaurs

- 5 sheep

- 2 eagles (breeding pair)

- 2 wyverns (breeding pair (s+ mutator))

- 2 equus (breeding pair)

- 2 griffins

- 2 lystros 

- 2 snow owls

- 1 giga

- 1 anklyo 

- 1 daeodon

- 1 phoenix 

- 1 rock golem

That would pretty much set me up for both practical use and pure enjoyment.

But in a practical “here and now” situation, the cryofridge is an absolute godsend for me for breeding storage. I’ve been really into trying for color mutations, but I would absolutely never kill my babies, resulting in dozens and dozens of fully matured, 100% imprinted dimorphodons that I don’t technically need but would never, ever get rid of.

Now, instead of needing to build massive offsite storage facilities in my games, I can just keep them in cryofridges.

Archived