Do you like Tek or do you hate it?

Anarki

17 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

This game should be more about the dinos and less about technology.  Go back to the roots of the game!

The game was always about technology and futuristic worlds. The problem is that some players decided what the game was about before they knew what the game was about and never considered otherwise.

Obelisks, specimen implants, and strange technology have been a fundamental aspect of the game from day one. The first thing you see the first time you load into the game is a human looking at their arm and scratching at a strange electronic implant in their arm that remains after death. The entire premise of the game is a future world where living creatures have been engineered and the players must ascend and travel via otherworldly transport technology to various artificial biomes designed to test them.

So do I like tek or hate it? Neither. I think it's fun, but personally I still prefer ghillie.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the look of Tek buildings and I do love the look of the armour and weapons but I just feel there should be a specific place for them - not on every bloody map :(

I have also started to feel that they need to nerf the ability to take most (not all as some are exempt) dinos to other servers. I know this is a particularly difficult pill to swallow but being able to just port a whole base worth of mats and dino's over to other maps is kind of cheating in my opinion. I have loved the fresh feel of Ext and starting from scratch, it would also help those in PvP too as mega tribes cant just jump from server to server - it should be capped to a limit of items you can transfer.

I would also like more Tek building options but hey ho, that may be in the next DLC that they have teased about.

On 12/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, LouSpowells said:

The game was always about technology and futuristic worlds. The problem is that some players decided what the game was about before they knew what the game was about and never considered otherwise.

Obelisks, specimen implants, and strange technology have been a fundamental aspect of the game from day one. The first thing you see the first time you load into the game is a human looking at their arm and scratching at a strange electronic implant in their arm that remains after death. The entire premise of the game is a future world where living creatures have been engineered and the players must ascend and travel via otherworldly transport technology to various artificial biomes designed to test them.

So do I like tek or hate it? Neither. I think it's fun, but personally I still prefer ghillie.

So much of this....  This was my point earlier.  The game was never about cavemen like so many people seem to assume.  From the moment I saw the word "ARK", the implant, and the spherical border around the island, I knew that it was an experiment designed to overcome an extinction event for humanity.  I even commented in speculation threads back when the overseer and the first ascension cutscenes were released.  People need to suck it up and get rid of their biased assumptions that the game was originally about cavemen and dinosaurs.  There's a story that's been building since the earliest days of alpha.  That's what the game is about.  If you don't like it, play prim+.  It's the game with almost all the tech removed.  I won't judge you for that.  Play how you want, but know that I actually like the narrative and what all comes along with it.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:58 AM, banggugyangu said:

Dad's melee was 275 before tame.  like 290% after.  I have a marlin of a mek, also, and it doesn't hold a candle to these gigas.  I only typically use the mek when it'

Well that explains why you could do purple drops with gigas. Head back to reality (official) and i believe the highest base dmg on our server is 160% while on a friends its 210% I'm willing to bet your server has larger gains per level on those gigas too.

One thing im beginning to notice on Extinction is the stat rolls when taming are the worst of any map. Ive had so many tmaes where they had 30+ points wild only to gain 3-4 points on taming on that stat. We tamed a 130 giga the other day and it tamed out with 105% dmg. Our lvl 95 giga tamed out with 140%. lol.

1 hour ago, AndrewLB said:

Well that explains why you could do purple drops with gigas. Head back to reality (official) and i believe the highest base dmg on our server is 160% while on a friends its 210% I'm willing to bet your server has larger gains per level on those gigas too.

One thing im beginning to notice on Extinction is the stat rolls when taming are the worst of any map. Ive had so many tmaes where they had 30+ points wild only to gain 3-4 points on taming on that stat. We tamed a 130 giga the other day and it tamed out with 105% dmg. Our lvl 95 giga tamed out with 140%. lol.

Even over 1.5yrs ago we had almost 400 dmg giga eggs popping.. wheres this reality you speak of? Or do you mean you just dont have any good gigas? 

Quit the superiority complex. You arent any better than an unofficial play5yrs

Back to your bad giga melee

2 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

If you want more than 160% melee, tame max level gigas.  Yeah, our difficulty is turned up which causes our dinos to spawn up to level 240.  Yes, my male giga has like 51 melee levels, but NO ... it's not impossible or unreasonable to be in the 200%+ melee damage on a giga after tame.  45 melee levels will still put you around 220% melee damage after tame.  Breed that with anything else reasonable until you get babies with that melee, then imprint.  Congratulations, you're now basically in the same place as me.  If you want to get a bit more ridiculous, breed mutations on it.  Sure, you're looking at a lifetime spent doing so, but it's possible.  This is how @d1nk's reference gigas with 400%+ babies were popping out.  Reality is this:  It's possible.  It's not even unlikely to get a decent stat on a max level giga.  Don't tame low level gigas...

On 12/14/2018 at 2:12 PM, LouSpowells said:

Sure, but just because it's about future worlds, aliens, High Tek gadgets, what have you, doesn't mean we need to have access to it.  We could all remain primitive where all these gadgets are just out of our reach.  I think it'd be more fun TBH.

37 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Sure, but just because it's about future worlds, aliens, High Tek gadgets, what have you, doesn't mean we need to have access to it.  We could all remain primitive where all these gadgets are just out of our reach.  I think it'd be more fun TBH.

Again, the story of the game (games have this thing called plot, sometimes, btw...) has us doing that. If you don't want that in your game, they gave you primitive+. 

16 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Again, the story of the game (games have this thing called plot, sometimes, btw...) has us doing that. If you don't want that in your game, they gave you primitive+. 

Dude, Prim+ sucks and is severely broken.  I think most of us understand what a plot is.  I'm simply talking about what I consider fun, and less fun in this game.  Plot as you see it aside, I think it would be more fun.

3 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Dude, Prim+ sucks and is severely broken.  I think most of us understand what a plot is.  I'm simply talking about what I consider fun, and less fun in this game.  Plot as you see it aside, I think it would be more fun.

So disable all the engrams that are beyond the level of technology you want. 

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

So disable all the engrams that are beyond the level of technology you want. 

The problem you have are the official never leavers (which I’m not discrediting) getting robbed of the actual primitive servers that didn’t carry over from legacy. At least then you had a choice to play the mod or the standard version which ended in stone/smithy tier.

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The problem you have are the official never leavers (which I’m not discrediting) getting robbed of the actual primitive servers that didn’t carry over from legacy. At least then you had a choice to play the mod or the standard version which ended in stone/smithy tier.

If they can't be bothered to leave official, then they don't have a big enough problem with tek for me to care.

21 hours ago, Melcreif said:

I fail to see how you plan to complete the story without technology. I'd rather not fight the King Titan with anything less than a Mek or Titan.

Innovation is a way of improvement in games like ARK . good or bad tek stuff should be in ARK and the survivor can chose it if they interested . do you guys remember when there wasn't any wyvern and griffin ? before Abbrant before Rag ? i think after every innovation and new updates, the game have been more  attractive to play with  unique stuff specially like TEK stuff and tek dinos .? 

Archived