Fun Little Story

gfan84

So a few day's ago my wife and I went to the Mall to look for Christmas gifts for our families.  We went into Gamestop so i could pick up my brother a gift card for his PS4.  While we were there my wife asked the store clerk to pull down something from the shelf, which i didn't see until I looked at her at the counter to check out.  Low and behold, there was an ARK Collector's Edition for the PS4 still on the shelf!  It had dust on it and looked like it had been there forever.  Here a customer ordered it but never came and picked it up so it went back on the shelf to be resold.  The employee said it had been moved about twenty times out of the way so the manager put it up on the top shelf under all the new merchandise.  My wife had decided to get it for me as an early Christmas present...but it doesn't end there.  Here it had been at the store for so long that the price was only $89!  So not only did I get the Collector's edition, with all the goodies inside, (yes the season pass was still valid) but at half the retail price as well.  Somehow I got extremely lucky....lucky I married such a great woman!

PS - However that said, when I was playing ARK during Early Access, my wife threatened me with divorce because, "I paid too much attention on taming a stupid Brontosaurus, than her" as she put it lol.

23 minutes ago, gfan84 said:

So a few day's ago my wife and I went to the Mall to look for Christmas gifts for our families.  We went into Gamestop so i could pick up my brother a gift card for his PS4.  While we were there my wife asked the store clerk to pull down something from the shelf, which i didn't see until I looked at her at the counter to check out.  Low and behold, there was an ARK Collector's Edition for the PS4 still on the shelf!  It had dust on it and looked like it had been there forever.  Here a customer ordered it but never came and picked it up so it went back on the shelf to be resold.  The employee said it had been moved about twenty times out of the way so the manager put it up on the top shelf under all the new merchandise.  My wife had decided to get it for me as an early Christmas present...but it doesn't end there.  Here it had been at the store for so long that the price was only $89!  So not only did I get the Collector's edition, with all the goodies inside, (yes the season pass was still valid) but at half the retail price as well.  Somehow I got extremely lucky....lucky I married such a great woman!

PS - However that said, when I was playing ARK during Early Access, my wife threatened me with divorce because, "I paid too much attention on taming a stupid Brontosaurus, than her" as she put it lol.

LMAO...  This is hilarious.  Grats on a collectors edition though!

8 hours ago, gfan84 said:

Tame up the most bad-ass Rex you can find, and name it after her. Maybe she will be intrigued, and start playing ARK with you!

1 hour ago, Glentavious said:

Awesome story. Sounds about right for standard wife behavior: gripe at you and then enable the behavior. 

I’m glad mine will look up Dododex and game wiki while I play. 

I would suggest a more feminine tame; like a megaloceros. 

Ha...yeah I should take a Giga, cause she is prone to go into Rage mode from time to time

10 hours ago, TheDonn said:

LMAO...  This is hilarious.  Grats on a collectors edition though!

Thanks!

Archived