Gacha Baby Eating a Whole Stack?

GreenRoc

I have had to cryo a baby gacha several times due to how fast it goes through food (and limited amounts of time and food supply).

Today, I realized this baby is eating whole stacks of food in one bite, just like Adult Gachas when eating items for their crystal production. This loss of a stack freaked me out! The baby removed a whole stack every 10 seconds or less, and I do not want it to be doing that because I need that meat to be used for baby food, not crystal production. It takes more time to harvest wilds for meat than it does for this baby to eat it (few wilds in the forest on Official). I dont use berries because it looks like it would starve to death on berries.

J86CCEJ.jpg

Screenshot taken today on Official PvE. I am holding down T with my cursor over raw meat in my survivor inventory. You can see 20 raw meat removed.

And after I typed out this whole post and screenshot upload, etc, intending for this to go into suggestions... I now see that the baby hasn't eaten from the remaining 5 stacks of meat for several minutes, yet it's stats appear as tho it has food that it is eating.... Does this mean I didnt lose the meat stacks, that it just went into a hidden inventory? I am confused.

all babies eat a lot of meat however some eat a LOT more than others. I noticed this when I was raising a snow owl... Gatchas are just really fat and take a TON of meat!

As for your meat disapearing I have no idea, may be a bug but to really check just leave to the main menu then log back in and the meat should be there

My gacha babies are far away from filled troughs, there are no adukt gachas around, and they don't have food in their inventory. They do not starve as long as they are rendered. 

Keep them away from any food source and stay in render, but don't forget to cryo them if you leave the base/game.

If they don't eat, forcefeed them (berries/meat) once and wait, and they will start eating "air and love".

33 minutes ago, Weiss said:

My gacha babies are far away from filled troughs, there are no adukt gachas around, and they don't have food in their inventory. They do not starve as long as they are rendered. 

Keep them away from any food source and stay in render, but don't forget to cryo them if you leave the base/game.

If they don't eat, forcefeed them (berries/meat) once and wait, and they will start eating "air and love".

I had one die while in render range and within range of parents (I tested this, it works around parents or outside range of them).  This "chill" method is not to be trusted.  It all seems perfect until it dies right in front of you when you come back from a short AFK, after seeing it fill its food as they do.

Don't trust them.

Archived