RIP Velo's

Viperscopic

Patch downloaded. Jumped on velonasaur to defend my base vs corrupted lose spinos and rexs and reapersand r.drakes and wyverns etc... rather than killing them as normal I was eaten in seconds. Tail swipe was not OP! It seems it yes but consider this, reapers hang out in packs, rexs and spinos come constantly and some 150! As they go in to the domes they can wipe entire bases in seconds and unless you have gigas and rexs already your really going to struggle.  

Undo that change please 

Velonasaurs are not designed to be endgame tames, though. Endgame utility, sure, but with their base stats it's clear that they're not supposed to be the be-all-end-all tame that people are using them as. If your Velonasaur was your only means of defense against the things spawning near your base, then the issue is with you, not the nerf. You saw something was OP and you relied on it too heavily, even though everyone knew that a nerf was bound to hit it sooner or later. ?

10 minutes ago, Akherousia said:

Velonasaurs are not designed to be endgame tames, though. Endgame utility, sure, but with their base stats it's clear that they're not supposed to be the be-all-end-all tame that people are using them as. If your Velonasaur was your only means of defense against the things spawning near your base, then the issue is with you, not the nerf. You saw something was OP and you relied on it too heavily, even though everyone knew that a nerf was bound to hit it sooner or later. ?

Nerfing them to the point where they tend to not work and reducing their damage is not the way to change the Velono. Now it can hardly defend itself. The Velono was in a good spot before these nerfs, especially for base defense against corrupted dinos. 

I'm glad they nerfed them. Velos were OP and most experienced players have been expecting a nerf since their release. It was fun while it lasted, but the days of plugging down the most powerful endgame creatures with a couple of velos in a matter of seconds are over. They're still extremely useful, just not devastatingly overpowered like they were.

From my perspective, WC had two options with them: Leave them the way they were and making them dramatically more difficult to tame like many other end-game dinos that matched their utility and damage output, or to reduce their damage to reflect their ease of locating and taming.

When I first heard about them I expected they would be on par with Carno damage output, but with a ranged attack rather than simply melee. I haven't tested numbers directly, but that's more what they feel like now. I think that's appropriate, but I hope they'll continue tweaking the balance to keep them competitive with other dinos that are similarly easily found and tameable.

Reduce damage sure, bump up stamina drain, but they made it so that it's a crapshoot if anythings going to even hit now.

I'm standing right next to 4 corrupt Spino's and using the tail whip. I get 2 hit markers every two attacks. What is that? That's not a nerf, that's a bug. 

Velo's weren't super OP against normal dino's. They were OP against Corrupt which they should be. 2x damage. Not even enforcer damage output (4x) or the new reduced damage (60% vs whatever your saddle armor is). 

They need to fix them and allow them to actually hit their targets again.

48 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Reduce damage sure, bump up stamina drain, but they made it so that it's a crapshoot if anythings going to even hit now.

I'm standing right next to 4 corrupt Spino's and using the tail whip. I get 2 hit markers every two attacks. What is that? That's not a nerf, that's a bug. 

Velo's weren't super OP against normal dino's. They were OP against Corrupt which they should be. 2x damage. Not even enforcer damage output (4x) or the new reduced damage (60% vs whatever your saddle armor is). 

They need to fix them and allow them to actually hit their targets again.

It's not a bug simply because you don't like it. I'd recommend getting comfortable with the idea that it was intended. Unless WC indicates that it was a mistake I wouldn't expect it to change. 

the accuracy is increased but now the damage from the quills on the tail shake does about as much damage as the targeted shooting mode.  used to be my velo would hit for about 114 with the aimed front gun and 400-500 for the tail shake  now they both do about the same

on the other hand, the managarmr breath attack now hits like 8 times a second and lands hits if you anywhere near the dino.  so that will probably be nerfed

Archived