ZePhurnace

10 hours ago, ZePhurnace said:

Title pretty much sums it up. Can anyone give me a list of the best pursuits to complete late game for levels? (I’m at lvl 84 currently) So far the best one was to complete the swamp cave. 

Thanks!

I would say Basilosaurus hunt, becuase it gives you an ascendant compound bow, depending on difficulty this will vary, but I would greatly recommend doing that. Also snow cave runs with a high level direwolf.

7 hours ago, NoahTheGoat666 said:

I would say Basilosaurus hunt, becuase it gives you an ascendant compound bow, depending on difficulty this will vary, but I would greatly recommend doing that. Also snow cave runs with a high level direwolf.

Alright serious question. I'm actually curious. Why does everyone keep saying to bring Direwolf to that cave? Why not for example, Sabertooth or Baryonyx?

4 minutes ago, GraveDgger388 said:

Alright serious question. I'm actually curious. Why does everyone keep saying to bring Direwolf to that cave? Why not for example, Sabertooth or Baryonyx?

Baryonyx can’t fit into the cave, and sabers get wrecked by yetis.

7 hours ago, NoahTheGoat666 said:

I tried the snow cave, and almost lost my 860 dire wolf to it. I’m playing on hard btw. I killed a 570 dire wolf in the cave, used the implant to revive it, and tamed it to all those wondering how I got such a high lvl. Btw, I did the basilo hunt already. Got a 481% dmg bow from it.

12 hours ago, JB1980 said:

Just do all you can...and try to get a multiplier on XP.

I just did No Air, normally 8000 XP, but had 5x XP! That helps!

I wish I've done this more often sooner. Leveling up goes very slow no (I'm 78)

How did you get 5x xp btw? 

Thanks everyone!

The trophy room quest gives 250,000 xp.

I am primal pass so permanent x2 but was during the event so x3. Find an explorer note to make that x6. Then I bought intense focus from the shop to make it x18!

Got 4.5 million xp from completing the quest with the multipliers enabled.

Now the bad news... I now have somewhere between 6 and 7 million xp and the next level is 10 million! Bearing in mind you only need around 1 million to make level 90, the last few levels are going to take a looooooonnnngggg time.

1 hour ago, GraveDgger388 said:

As well as what ZePhurnace already said, you can (depending on your difficulty setting) breed a much higher stat wolf from the snow cave than you can a sabretooth from the wild.

5 hours ago, ZePhurnace said:

I tried the snow cave, and almost lost my 860 dire wolf to it. I’m playing on hard btw. I killed a 570 dire wolf in the cave, used the implant to revive it, and tamed it to all those wondering how I got such a high lvl. Btw, I did the basilo hunt already. Got a 481% dmg bow from it.

Thanks everyone!

As G433a says:

2x from Primal pass

4x by getting Explorer Note (unfortunately I only have some left in caves)

5x by using Broth of enlighment.

This was in SP. It seems that the multiplier works different on MP. 

It does require some planning and preparation.

I forgot to use Intense Focus. 

Went from 83 to 85 in 2 nights.

First I ran the snow cave with my lvl 189 Dire Wolf (PvE easy, bred from 2 parents who were from ice cave revive and tame stock, and she came out of the cave, one run only, at 198. 

I'm Primal Pass, bought Intense Focus, and found every Explorer Note in the cave.

Second I did the Basilosaurus hunt, no buffs apart from Primal Pass.

Could have gotten more out of all of it. Glad to read what everyone had to say here. :)

Now I hate myself...

I’ve done the ice cave, also on a revived wolf that is lvl 870. (SP Hard) Almost lost the wolf in it, and got all explorer notes.

I didn’t even know that having an xp multiplier affects the xp gained from pursuits (I know, I know...) So I completed the damn trophy room without any multipliers!!! ?

To top that, I also did the swamp cave without any mulltipliers, so damn me.

Is there anyway to reset pursuits?

On 12/12/2018 at 4:59 AM, ZePhurnace said:

Thanks everyone!

on the highlighted part here, how long ago did you do this ? as My friend and I about a month ago moved to hard , when we bring wolves out of the cave to revive , they have been resetting to level 1 making it so we can not get a higher level wolf as we desperately need to do this cave. and if there is a way to do this still please enlighten me as this cave is nigh impossible to do as things are it seems 

4 hours ago, DrewA67 said:

on the highlighted part here, how long ago did you do this ? as My friend and I about a month ago moved to hard , when we bring wolves out of the cave to revive , they have been resetting to level 1 making it so we can not get a higher level wolf as we desperately need to do this cave. and if there is a way to do this still please enlighten me as this cave is nigh impossible to do as things are it seems 

I did it really recently, and still have a few more 540+ dire wolf implants waiting to be revived. Maybe it doesn’t work on. Multiplayer?? Anyway, trying that cave with even a super wolf like mine didn’t work. Tame an arthropluera and head in, nothing agros onto it. You can attack things too, but to be safe don’t kill anything. HOWEVER, if the wolf resurrection exploit doesn’t work, that trick may not work either though I am 90% sure it will work. So I suggest tsming a super low level arthro, leaving all your gear somewhere safe and heading into the cave for a test run.

Hope I helped ?

• 11 months later...
On 12/17/2018 at 6:16 AM, DrewA67 said:

Multiplayer worlds have a max level limit that you can have. From easy to hard the max level animal you can have is level 450. In brutal the max is 650. If the wolf comes out higher than this limits than it gets reset to level 1.

On singleplayer though there is no limit, so you can get really high level stuff there.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:04 PM, TypicalArkGamer said:

Multiplayer worlds have a max level limit that you can have. From easy to hard the max level animal you can have is level 450. In brutal the max is 650. If the wolf comes out higher than this limits than it gets reset to level 1.

On multiplayer though there is no limit, so you can get really high level stuff there.

Max level on brutal is 600... previously, it was possible on brutal to keep tames above 600 iirc, when brutal servers first came out and you could also find wilds up to 600 outside of the snow cave. 

I think you mean singleplayer*

On 11/24/2019 at 5:11 PM, nintendogamer7 said:

Max level on brutal is 600... previously, it was possible on brutal to keep tames above 600 iirc, when brutal servers first came out and you could also find wilds up to 600 outside of the snow cave. 

I think you mean singleplayer*

Oof i messed up, i did mean singleplayer

My bad ?

Archived