Caged in China server 489 extinction

teckteck

playing the new extinction DLC with 2 friends, we spot a chinese tribe on one the Oceanic servers taming a GIGA, a plan is formed to steal the kibble being used to tame it, player 1 walks into a melee build being instantly knocked out, leaving my friend and I to try and rescue him before he is forced to  make a new character, the man knocked out claims he is being dragged around yet both my friend and i can see he is on the same spot unconscious. we rush into the area, primitive bows blazing, both landing 5-6 shots on the unconscious target but alas no death message. we are both met with the same melee build 1 hit 70 torpor and are left to be caged by the Chinese tribe. one quick re log and friend 1 has moved places and he is indeed  being dragged around. would this have been the case a different plan would have formed to rescue the trapped player, now my entire tribe is caged by a Chinese mega-tribe who have said the only way we are playing again is to roll new characters, im not too fond of losing my level 108 character ive had since launch over a stupid game bug that lost me everything ive worked for, for the eternity ive been playing. please free my tribe Wildcard because this stupid glitch cost us everything, our characters and Time.

sincerely - Tek

Dust Busters 489

okay so its been close to 16 hours, we have been under constant guard, being fed food and water in rotating shifts, and they have filled our inventory's with stone so we cannot move. they have us in a giant metal hatching area wearing gillie armour so we don't lose health and there's about 60 air cons. what do i do then?

10 minutes ago, teckteck said:

okay so its been close to 16 hours, we have been under constant guard, being fed food and water in rotating shifts, and they have filled our inventory's with stone so we cannot move. they have us in a giant metal hatching area wearing gillie armour so we don't lose health and there's about 60 air cons. what do i do then?

Wow. Were there anyone else other than you guys around? If that is the case, then those tribe really are serious no-lifers around the clock. Not much we can do about that part if thats the case as well.

20 hours ago, teckteck said:

Listen bro, don't stand there expecting to get out right away. Turn your xbox so it doesn't auto turn off for as long as you can. Just leave your xbox or pc on and go do IRL things.

You will die eventually, I rather spend a week doing other stuff and get my char back then restarting my char F that

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Either wait to get a lucky raid on the tribe or restart, seems to be your only hope. 

You'd think Prison Cuffs would lose durability over time or something, make it easier to escape stuff like this(Unless they already do)

1 hour ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Listen bro, don't stand there expecting to get out right away. Turn your xbox so it doesn't auto turn off for as long as you can. Just leave your xbox or pc on and go do IRL things.

You will die eventually, I rather spend a week doing other stuff and get my char back then restarting my char F that

I hate to break it to both of you, but you noticed what the OP said?

"okay so its been close to 16 hours, we have been under constant guard, being fed food and water in rotating shifts, and they have filled our inventory's with stone so we cannot move. they have us in a giant metal hatching area wearing gillie armour so we don't lose health and there's about 60 air cons. what do i do then?"

My point is that unless another tribe amass up in the silence, I doubt hes getting freed anytime soon.

Also, I recalled there was another post of his after mine, but idk where it went, something like they have wiped everything from his tribe even though he wanted freedom from it.

17 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Dont restart your character. Chances are once you do theyll capture you again anyway.

Keep letting yourself starve, eventually theyll get bored, and either leave you there (youll die) or execute you.

No lifers will do everything they can to make sure they don't get a chance to play, even if they get bored. Its like being a prison guard: Even if they are bored of the risoner, they will still need to guard. If they do execute, chances are they have boxed all the spawn area for survivors in with no care for rules, given how they did this.

Like the above post, there was a post after mine, but it somehow vanished. Possibly stating that the "mega tribe" wiped everything out or something, and I don't think he has yet to answer my question if they have caged anyone else other than his tribe.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

I hate to break it to both of you, but you noticed what the OP said?

"okay so its been close to 16 hours, we have been under constant guard, being fed food and water in rotating shifts, and they have filled our inventory's with stone so we cannot move. they have us in a giant metal hatching area wearing gillie armour so we don't lose health and there's about 60 air cons. what do i do then?"

My point is that unless another tribe amass up in the silence, I doubt hes getting freed anytime soon.

Also, I recalled there was another post of his after mine, but idk where it went, something like they have wiped everything from his tribe even though he wanted freedom from it.

No lifers will do everything they can to make sure they don't get a chance to play, even if they get bored. Its like being a prison guard: Even if they are bored of the risoner, they will still need to guard. If they do execute, chances are they have boxed all the spawn area for survivors in with no care for rules, given how they did this.

Like the above post, there was a post after mine, but it somehow vanished. Possibly stating that the "mega tribe" wiped everything out or something, and I don't think he has yet to answer my question if they have caged anyone else other than his tribe.

A post might have been hidden that included the tribes name which is a no no on the forums... 

On 12/11/2018 at 10:26 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

You do realize you can get out. Just stay logged in, may take a day or two but unless they tend to you periodically the chance of forgetting is easy. Then you are dead.

Scrubs

Large enemy tribe can keep you unconscious, fed and healed indefinitely. Design by Studio Wildcard ... ?

3 hours ago, kaidongmo said:

I just want to asking u .. why they do such thing to your guys? maybe u do something bad first??? lol. people usually question the fault, just be a nice guys, and no one will try to make thing to you. :D

You made the common mistake of judging others by your own standards or you're just awfully naive. I've been around for over 15 years in MMOs and I can tell you, that there are people who play MMOs only to piss others off and to feel good about it. In my experience it's mostly russian and chinese players. The problem is that Studio Wildcard not only did not implement measures against griefing, but gave griefers tools to piss off others like cage, handcuffs, the possibility to forcefeed other players and so on. PvP would have been oK without those things, but Studio Wildcard did implement them anyways to cater to the ever growing community of players with antisocial personality disorder.

I don't do a lot of PvP so I am reading everything that people here have said above with some questions.

1. There seems a lot of assumptions being made. I see no reference from OP about handcuffs, but I'm assuming that they are indeed handcuffs

2. How many were in your raiding party, and how many of them were there?

3. Have you tried to negotiate your way out? Offer to complete metal/resource runs for a week or whatever it is they need from you?

4. Can you move with your character whilst cuffed/or empty your inventory when cuffed? (I've never been cuffed so not sure here) If so, run run run on the spot

5. It was a bad plan for the 3 of you to go up against what you have said was a mega tribe.

Good luck on finding a resolution, a level 108 character loss would be hard to take so I hope you can negotiate.

2 hours ago, Anarki said:

I don't do a lot of PvP so I am reading everything that people here have said above with some questions.

1. There seems a lot of assumptions being made. I see no reference from OP about handcuffs, but I'm assuming that they are indeed handcuffs

2. How many were in your raiding party, and how many of them were there?

3. Have you tried to negotiate your way out? Offer to complete metal/resource runs for a week or whatever it is they need from you?

4. Can you move with your character whilst cuffed/or empty your inventory when cuffed? (I've never been cuffed so not sure here) If so, run run run on the spot

5. It was a bad plan for the 3 of you to go up against what you have said was a mega tribe.

Good luck on finding a resolution, a level 108 character loss would be hard to take so I hope you can negotiate.

He had mentioned he tried to negotiate his way out from the deleted post, but all they did is completely wipe his entire structure and dino out and still kept him and his tribe locked. Given how he said friend, I assumed everyone has been locked inside.

He had also mentioned in one of his post that they kept him encumbered, force fed, and worn ghilles with cuffs (you cannot access inventory if you are cuffed.) in a metal-locked area with multiple air-conditioners, and kept on constant check around the clock. As if they are hell bent on denying anyone in the server from picking up the scraps, but completely stopping them from playing this server, because as long as the character remains alive, there is literally no way they can escape at all unless another mega tribe somehow killed them while they are raiding... though its gonna be months before the transfer is open, so that is unlikely going to happen since they are checking around the place.

If the base is situated in the dome or sanctuary, unless wildcard did some hickory when patching and a meteor somehow killed him and his tribe, he is never escaping unless one of the tribe members did a huge mistake, while I don't forsee that happening for such mega tribe.

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Buy a second copy and log in on a different machine and wait for an opportunity to go in and free your char.   That would be faster than waiting weeks to starve

Like how? He mentioned the tribe keeps constant check on them around the corner, removing any opportunity to rush in.

Also, we don't know how far they placed them within the cage, it could be well outside the range of the shotgun.

Log out for a week. Make a backup character and play on another map... or take some time away from the game. Might be better to leave yourself logged in so if they check your account they see you are logged in and playing Ark. You can even say in game chat that you give up so they think they have won. Plus, having a backup character is not so bad so if it ever happens again.. They may think you quit or started over and let their guard down. Around the clock for 16 hours is not the same as around the clock for a week.

34 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Log out for a week. Make a backup character and play on another map... or take some time away from the game. Might be better to leave yourself logged in so if they check your account they see you are logged in and playing Ark. You can even say in game chat that you give up so they think they have won. Plus, having a backup character is not so bad so if it ever happens again.. They may think you quit or started over and let their guard down. Around the clock for 16 hours is not the same as around the clock for a week.

He said its Ben 16 hours though. God knows how long he's been held there for. 

and I doubt tribes like this keep their guard down.  Saying quitting or giving up won't let their guard down.  He did mentioned they say "until you make a new character here". Meaning unless he overrides the character,  they will think he is still struggling :/

don't want to be Mr.  Negative here,  but I have seen how douche bag tribes like these work;  relentless,  strict and paranoid. 

10 hours ago, JackONeill said:

This is the best idea yet. Take some time out from the server and play a different mode for a few weeks, try something you dont normally do (take your tribemates with you). 

If negotiation has failed, and there is no other obvious option, this is an option for you to continue playing... heck, you may find a mode, server or something that you really enjoy.

13 hours ago, Vaculity said:

He said its Ben 16 hours though. God knows how long he's been held there for. 

and I doubt tribes like this keep their guard down.  Saying quitting or giving up won't let their guard down.  He did mentioned they say "until you make a new character here". Meaning unless he overrides the character,  they will think he is still struggling :/

don't want to be Mr.  Negative here,  but I have seen how douche bag tribes like these work;  relentless,  strict and paranoid. 

You may be right, but they won't know if he makes a new character. It doesn't despawn the old character. Plus, I am sure they are doing this to other players as well. I think you drastically overestimate the amount of time people are willing to spend on something if they think it is a lost cause. 2 days, 3 days, maybe a week... but they are not going to constantly stand guard over someone they have not seen for 3 years... no matter how dedicated they are. Especially if every time they check his unconscious body they see he is playing ark with another character. Look how quickly you were willing to give up, and you are not even a party to the event. Trolls are more fickle than you give them credit for being.

16 hours is not even 24 hours. People are always diligent in the beginning. Imagine being part of a mega tribe and they tell you all you are allowed to do is watch prisoners and keep them alive for 12 hours a day 7 says a week, and you better not be late for your shift or you will be booted. Would you be willing to do that for 3 years? If you give up after 16 hours I bet you wouldn't even last 2 or 3 days in that tribe. Then when you think you are going to be booted maybe you will just kill all the prisoners.

Stuff happens. Use this time to make a back up character. Hopefully there is still someone on your main map that can invite you back into the tribe. There are videos on power leveling. I can get to level 100 on a 2x weekend in a weekend. I got lucky once and found an alpha death worm right away and went from like level 5 to level 52 instantly.

Archived