Community Crunch 160: Future of ARK & Console Patch Tomorrow!

Jen

Ark is allready back in early accress ... and buggy as f....k , thanks wildcard for take my money and let me with that game full of mess alone .. good job ... and now they will relase a huge bigger game than ark ... hehe good luck not one game is 100 prozent finish . 

Normaly i am not a kind of person they whrite something like this but after that last dlc is that whole game broken buggy and more frustration than fun to play .

8 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The Ragnarok devs are finished with Extinction so will now hopefully go back to fixing the issue /s

Try waiting a year for a fix only to find out that it was on the horizon only a few months after it’s initial report but Wildcard dragged them away to work on paid DLC because it’s more important than people’s consoles crashing to dashboard due to a massive memory leak. The irony is that Extinction causes memory leaks even on the Xbox One X.

Man I hope so haha. 

I considered getting a One X to fix this ish, but $500 is a lot to fix a game. Glad I didn't if even the X is having issues. 

So I just tried out my main velonasaur after this update, and now it is pretty much useless in a drop. Hit detection on its swing attack is all but gone, I was surrounded by rexes, spinos, carnos, and after a dozen swings I was able to kill maybe 2-3 of them. So you don't want the velonasaur to be able to damage big dinos while underneath them.......why not? And how is this something that you have only thought of weeks after release?! What testing was even done?! Spinos and rexes are too low to the ground so that if they are on too of you, you can't actually hit their legs and head because their undersized block the shots, so the velo becomes so ineffective it's laughable. Maybe it should be put in place for gigas, but excuse me for being happy about having a dino that can finally hope to counter that op bs of a wild giga. I am hoping against hope that the awefulness that is now the velonasaur is nothing more than an unintended bug due to the update, because if not being able to hit rex sized dino while right next to it is somehow your intended dream of what the velonasaur should be then I might just be done with this crap.

7 hours ago, AestheticRaptor said:

I wish there were more armour skins. I mean, its a bit tireing of looking at plain and boring flak armour. There should be like Samurai skins, Mongolian skins, Knight skin, Viking skins and some other armour skins. There should also be other weapon skins as well, it would help the RPing communities.

I'd like that too^^ we have the Manticore armor skin set which is great, it would be really nice if other bosses dropped armor skins as well and other artifact containers had weapon and tool skins like the ones in SE do. So you'd have to work for it afterall, but there'd be a bit more diversity other than everyone looking the same^^

It Is nice that we are getting s+ on console although I don't like the Idea of only getting 30sec to be able to pick the Items back up. I would also like to say It would be nice for us to be able to turn off shadowing in game I strongly believe If we had that option the game would run a lot better just my thought.

So i am guessing your patching in sections because the primitive+ chrash with the argents/eagles was not fixed and my home is in the middle of their home practical i have to turn dino count to near zero and supply drops off just to minimize crashing i love playing ark and even have ideas for ark 2.0 but can you focus more on bugs and actually fixing instead of events and new content please it would a big help and make it much more enjoyable "knows they wont read or listen but maybe that very tiny chance they will"

• Like 1

I think WC could save face by putting out a press release that they are suspending all work on Atlas until a majority of the issues with Ark are fixed and then put all of their people on fixing the major issues there. I think Atlas would be received much better if they did that.

Edited by JackONeill

12 hours ago, AestheticRaptor said:

I wish there were more armour skins. I mean, its a bit tireing of looking at plain and boring flak armour. There should be like Samurai skins, Mongolian skins, Knight skin, Viking skins and some other armour skins. There should also be other weapon skins as well, it would help the RPing communities.

You will soon be able to pay for them with in game microtransactions. (rolling eyes) At least on Atlas you will.

got it also theirs no point in having the system when you can only pick it up in 30 seconds ad least give it 1 hour or something what if my game crashed and i wasn't happy with where i placed the industrial forge people don't get ark on Xbox cause its nothing like PC

Edited by READDEAD
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, Eanaya said:

I'd like that too^^ we have the Manticore armor skin set which is great, it would be really nice if other bosses dropped armor skins as well and other artifact containers had weapon and tool skins like the ones in SE do. So you'd have to work for it afterall, but there'd be a bit more diversity other than everyone looking the same^^

That would really be amazing. It was one of the reasons I bought SE and I love those skins.

Even with all of the frustration of the game, I still love Ark. My. biggest issue was with the communication on what's going on. I'm glad that you all are finally trying to work on some of your promises, and keeping us updated. I think you guys should also think about having different balances for pve and pvp. Especially when it comes to buffing or nerfing dinos. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, Broadswors said:

Everyone's asking for too much at once.Great job to the ark team for fixing so many issues. I'm excited to see what you guys keep adding to improve the game and am excited to hear that you guys aren't abandoning ark for atlas. Keep up the great work

Right... totally unreasonable to expect to be able to see Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs and to be able to gather them without a whip. And who needs artifacts? It is not like you would even want to have tek engrams for extinction. You guys are being totally unreasonable. The game is still in early access.

Wait... Atlas is the game in early access. Ark is a "finished" game that all the DLC's have rolled out for. Ya... that sheet should be working right 4 weeks after the final DLC was released.

Edited by JackONeill

I don't fully understand why nobody speaks about problems that stop people from playing the actual game.

RTX2080 users can simply NOT play the game at all ... it literally BSODs 100% of the time within minutes of looking at any water body or setting on a flying creature.

The problem has been fixed in all other games using Unreal engine... this remaining to be the only outlier. 

If you haven't fixed game breaking bugs on the main game and didn't manage to make it half the performance it is required for it to be played online I don't fully see how is this going to work out for your ability to demand people to support you making another game...

Sorry but it's lost on me when you see a bug report and don't reply to it for months. 

Nobody is going to change the video card just because of one game ... it's easier giving up a 120 G of download and a game you may like a little than to give up the benefits of a graphics card that works for every other game in the entire collection. 

So you stated last monday a week ago that Raptor claws to be out this week  2018-12-14  but not seen at all  on any server offical and unofficial at all   so whats the hold up on this everyone i know of is looking forward to the event again this year after a hiatus  last year ..... Any Comments on it Wild Card