Community Crunch 160: Future of ARK & Console Patch Tomorrow!

Jen

8 hours ago, TheLGuy said:

I really hope that you guys will still add an ascension to Scorched Earth, maybe even a tek cave of some sort.

2 hours ago, BTrickshot said:

We still dont have our endgame ascension for SE.

Oh, yes, YES! It really hurts my OCD that you get extra levels for beating Aberration but not Scorched Earth (and not Extinction?) ??? Also, with many new engrams I'd love some more engram points so I can spec more.

(Logged in for the first time in like half a year just to agree ferociously with you guys :P )

10 hours ago, Anubis190 said:

Who need the Winter event .... everyone wait for a big Patch that fix most of the bugs . I think they must use all member of there team only for fixes and not for stupid events 

I do, pretty please :D I'm actually really excited about the winter event :)

Guest chancho33015

Reading between the lines:

We are sorry to piss you guys off for our terrible decisions. We are doing our best to make sure we can sell ATLAS but we have not forgotten about ARk. Look, we are trying to fix the DLC we released and charged you guys 20 dollars that did not work for the first 2 months so...yes, we are trying. However, we want to release a game that has everything we promised ark was going to have so...dont get mad! Don't take it personal...it was just business. #realtalk  

10 hours ago, loenwolph said:

I'm sure this has been asked, but I cannot find an answer, why can we not turn off lightshafts and bloomquality in console? That glare makes the game almost unplayable at times and it seems like an easy fix, or at least something that could be a server setting we could apply.

1 hour ago, PikaSaurus said:

No, you can't, which is very irritating. You used to be able to use a console command on Xbox and PS4 that could fix it, but they removed that

You can still use the commands, just type in ‘cheat’ first e.g. cheat r.bloomquality 0. Just enter into singleplayer, whack in the commands, and they will persist until you exit the game.

FYI, this has been the case since the game fully released, it was just prior to that, entering ‘cheat’ wasn’t necessary.

Edited by SaltyMonkey

I just read the description of Atlas on steam. I am confident in saying I will quit ARK completely when this comes out for around 2 days. Ark is like smoking and I am a smoker. 

Anyway.

Cant wait to see whats next for this game. I am loving the work you guys stick in the game and so for a change judging by the moaners above... Well done wild card. great job team so far ;)

So serious question here... what does that mean for the current servers. I have about $1,000 in server time prepaid and was getting ready to put some more money into them... possibly even open another map or 2. Will Unofficial servers still be a thing after WC is done with Ark? I can't imagine you would just turn it off one day, but I have also been extremely surprised at some of your other decisions over the past 30 months so I get nervous and will probably go month to month now and not expand until I get further clarification from an official source.

Not to be rude, but moderators opinions or Joe Bob's advice is not what I am looking for here. Unless it comes from someone employed by WC or Nitrado it really is just speculation.

Don't really expect a reply, but I can't be the only cluster owner that is uneasy about this announcement.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, chancho33015 said:

Reading between the lines:

We are sorry to piss you guys off for our terrible decisions. We are doing our best to make sure we can sell ATLAS but we have not forgotten about ARk. Look, we are trying to fix the DLC we released and charged you guys 20 dollars that did not work for the first 2 months so...yes, we are trying. However, we want to release a game that has everything we promised ark was going to have so...dont get mad! Don't take it personal...it was just business. #realtalk  

Remember when they said optimization was something they were really good at. Such high expectations, such poor follow through.

• Like 1

please god say you fixed the cave drops and artifacts on official?
Have no idea how you could have broken that... but really hinders game play ...

another TLC would be awesome! There are so many dinos that really have no purpose like a carno

Really hope this new kibble system doesn't make my kibble farm i put together pointless, and the THOUSANDS of kibble i already have made not useable.

Finally, can PvE just pick stuff up whenever please. Or at least be able to pick up the tek stuff as well within 30 seconds. I get there is some pvp nonsense why you can't implement a lot of s+.... but can PvE stop being punished with the wide ban hammer? :)

Edited by mgnt232

Please give us the INI codes to apply the 30 second timer to these: These are some of the biggest items in the game and most costly, and we all know the building mechanics aren't the best. I at least want to turn these on for my server. 

Structures+ Integration

• Can pick structures up within 30s of placing
  • Exclusions:
    • Charge Lantern
    • C4
    • Elevator Platforms
    • Elevator Tracks
    • Electric Generator
    • Grill
    • Industrial Forge
    • Industrial Grinder
    • Chem Bench
    • Fabricator
    • Tek Generator
    • Tek Replicator
    • Tek Transmitter

52 minutes ago, BERSERK3R said:

NO PC patch for:

- Invisible eggs
- invisible structures
- missing lootdrops
- BOLA's not working
- Flyers drop like bricks when out of stammina (not announced as feature).
- Etc. etc. etc.

Those are basic features, FIX IT!

At least we got Atlas.....................GG wildcard gg, smart move.

I think we figured out the bola thing... some places on the map there is a thin layer of water... bolos don't work in water so you have to wait until it moves to a place the map considers dry and I think both you and the thing you are trying to bola have to be on "dry land"

10 hours ago, Maniek said:

(ps4)

A few questions, that would be nice to read Wild Card answers: 

1- Desert Titan 

* Prevent encumbered players from moving on Desert Titan.   Desert or cave? 

Desert - How to send material to the cave to build a Replicator from the city or more distance?

CAVE - how to provide material the cave to build a Replicator? Gasbag? (gasbag vs Golem nice xD) Giga xD? or???  

*Flocks will now dismount riders (during the boss fight). We do not ride on dino, that fight on foot?

2- Enforcers

*Reduce damage taken from corrupted dinos by 60%. Not too much 60%?  I'm afraid it will hurt xD

3 - Connection

*Reduced disconnects. Reduced disconnections per day? from 6 or more to 3?

4 - Delivery Crate

Engrams no longer count towards delivery crate weight. Gasbag Delivery Crate? It does not work at. 

5- Extinction

Disable flyers in Forest Titan artifact cave. already the rider was falling from the flyers!!  now the flyers will not fly into the cave? Again how to provide material the cave to build a Replicator?

Limiting the construction of the tek replicator on cave is a stupid idea. Why? Many play alone and want to build a Tek replikator they have no chance for it alone. I tried to supply 3x material, with a tribe partner, we lost it every time. Asking for help, larger tribes demand payment. Ok payment. But the sum they demand discourages you from playing this dlc. We want to play for pleasure and not get material for other tribes. For many tribes, they do not want to build Tek replikator for a payment.  BluePrint Tek replicator not work in terminal, gets destroyed after logging out. Getting it is a very embarrassing chance of 1:35 or more. 

I will not be a slave to other tribes,  to get the Tek replicator now. I will wait for the transfer to be unlocked if it is still worth sending it from another server. So due to the mistakes and shortcomings many of my friends left this DLC Extinction. It relies on independence and competing in development and trade. But the times of slavery are over and certainly many of us will not help enriching the larger tribes for astronomical sums. Adding the Tek replicator to the terminal gives everyone equal opportunities for their development.

ARK is coming to an end and support for PS4 still does not work for a couple of years. The rules do not apply at all. Used Hack are allowed and more. 

Thank you for the ingenuity, but your actions are increasingly discouraging us to play. I will not buy not more your games for sure.

Go to the king titan terminal. You can drop a delivery crate near it and there are no wild Dino’s.

• Haha 1

Is this going to fix they wyverns on ragnarok that aren't laying eggs in their nest?  Is any of this going to fix primitive plus?  There are more errors than listed that your going to fix and it mentions no wyverns in primitive plus along with no eggs in primitive and not to mention there is no rock elementals in primitive as well.  I can list a whole lot more that isn't mentioned up above.  I think you need to start testing on multiplayer platforms instead of closed single player and you will find the mistakes a lot easier.

"""Rest assured, whether it's more TLC, new DLC, new mechanics, or new modes we will be continuing to support ARK through 2019""" why isnt there a plan if """"The ARK team is as big as it’s ever been."""" there would be a DLC OR something announce for the future of ArK. Your dev team need to reevaluate how they promote games. not your use Community to move to a new game. That's just dumm. and then after seeing all the backlash from Atlas you guys are backtracking back to the future of Ark, come on. I am glad that I'm here to watch your studio explode.

cheers never give up on your convictions