Community Crunch 160: Future of ARK & Console Patch Tomorrow!

Jen

Finally they fixed the snow owl attack. It only ever hits the target 30% of the time.

Of course they exclude some of important structures that we would need to pick up. Do they want us to suffer with a misplaced replicator or sacrifice more time from our apparently non-existent life to make another? Don’t get me wrong the structures plus intergration is a god send for us people who like building.

Can’t wait for the Christmas event though as I haven’t been able to experience one for myself yet.

But also is no one gonna mention the guest artwork? Like it’s freakin amazing and ark creatures are hard to draw like I tried doing a doodle of a dilo once. Turned out awful though it might be cause I never had drawn a Dino before.

Edited by SonyaNora

I'm sure this has been asked, but I cannot find an answer, why can we not turn off lightshafts and bloomquality in console? That glare makes the game almost unplayable at times and it seems like an easy fix, or at least something that could be a server setting we could apply.

Will there be new ark survival evolved now that the aberration is still here and Rockwell’s still alive? I really and I mean really hope your guys find the time to start making a new game and make improvements to the graphics and smoothen out structures. If you want to answer this question email starrifle1@gmail.com

All the best,  StarRifle

(ps4)

A few questions, that would be nice to read Wild Card answers: 

1- Desert Titan 

* Prevent encumbered players from moving on Desert Titan.   Desert or cave? 

Desert - How to send material to the cave to build a Replicator from the city or more distance?

CAVE - how to provide material the cave to build a Replicator? Gasbag? (gasbag vs Golem nice xD) Giga xD? or???  

*Flocks will now dismount riders (during the boss fight). We do not ride on dino, that fight on foot?

2- Enforcers

*Reduce damage taken from corrupted dinos by 60%. Not too much 60%?  I'm afraid it will hurt xD

3 - Connection

*Reduced disconnects. Reduced disconnections per day? from 6 or more to 3?

4 - Delivery Crate

Engrams no longer count towards delivery crate weight. Gasbag Delivery Crate? It does not work at. 

5- Extinction

Disable flyers in Forest Titan artifact cave. already the rider was falling from the flyers!!  now the flyers will not fly into the cave? Again how to provide material the cave to build a Replicator?

Limiting the construction of the tek replicator on cave is a stupid idea. Why? Many play alone and want to build a Tek replikator they have no chance for it alone. I tried to supply 3x material, with a tribe partner, we lost it every time. Asking for help, larger tribes demand payment. Ok payment. But the sum they demand discourages you from playing this dlc. We want to play for pleasure and not get material for other tribes. For many tribes, they do not want to build Tek replikator for a payment.  BluePrint Tek replicator not work in terminal, gets destroyed after logging out. Getting it is a very embarrassing chance of 1:35 or more. 

I will not be a slave to other tribes,  to get the Tek replicator now. I will wait for the transfer to be unlocked if it is still worth sending it from another server. So due to the mistakes and shortcomings many of my friends left this DLC Extinction. It relies on independence and competing in development and trade. But the times of slavery are over and certainly many of us will not help enriching the larger tribes for astronomical sums. Adding the Tek replicator to the terminal gives everyone equal opportunities for their development.

ARK is coming to an end and support for PS4 still does not work for a couple of years. The rules do not apply at all. Used Hack are allowed and more. 

Thank you for the ingenuity, but your actions are increasingly discouraging us to play. I will not buy not more your games for sure.

Hello,

I  rest  assured  that continued updates will remove lag (not increase) lag that ended up in bad graphics to finish in disconnect or crashes. 

Continued game play is not possible since after ARKaeology two update. With continued game play I mean more than one hour.

Last good update was the launch of ARKaeology FYI

Regards,

Ariana 

Oooh you meqn the update console was supposed to get last week...not surprised. Also its a little late to start working on balancing titans now. Most people were able to tame the des titan within 3 days of launch with nothing but a few snow owls and wipe the server making extinction a complete waste of money and time. Not surprised though, wildcard seems to be able to break everything they add to the game. But thats ok instead of focusing on game breaking issues, just keep nerfing the manas stamina into oblivion so they are as useless as you.

Unless you showed clear and consistent Roadmap (that almost every Early Access and AAA game does nowadays) how you are going to tackle ancient bugs and atrocious quality of the game and Extinction, I would not believe in anything you say in the post Chris. Because we do know you let your player base down the countless amount of times in the past. For once, don't fall into the temptation of feature creep.

Edited by Lewiatan

Thank you WC for continuing to support Ark!

WC - please also look at a very loyal fan community - the players on Primitive+.
Give us a little of your time and bring the great idea of Primitive+ to a good level.

Give us the missing items. I still can't build a base entirely from brick ...
Fix the many bugs - "why can't my Argentavis carry Ankylo?".

Improves loading times - many potential players are deterred from playing.

8 hours ago, loenwolph said:

I'm sure this has been asked, but I cannot find an answer, why can we not turn off lightshafts and bloomquality in console? That glare makes the game almost unplayable at times and it seems like an easy fix, or at least something that could be a server setting we could apply.

No, you can't, which is very irritating. You used to be able to use a console command on Xbox and PS4 that could fix it, but they removed that