Wyverns

KindaRocket24

lighting is the best and fire is good too . i have both  but the point is when you flying with  wyvern all of them all same because in air it is  hard to hit fast flyers but lighting is the best to killing from more distance. upgrading mele more than anythings . when you have access to wyvern you have no problem with harvesting raw prime meat and killing alpha dinos easily.

As I said before, sounds like you're on Ragnarok.  On there, Ice wyverns do have a very legitimate use.  They're significantly easier to get without a wyvern (Ice wyverns hardly pose any threat to other fliers).  You can get a high level ice egg, raise the baby, and then that baby will provide an easy path to getting other wyvern eggs that are more useful.  You'll easily handle the trench with an ice wyvern.  You don't really wanna try to fight the other wyverns, but you can get in and out with little trouble.  They also provide an easy means to trap and tranq females for milk.  If you don't already have a wyvern, an ice is a great place to start, but their uses are pretty limited.

One thing I can add to this that nobody else has mentioned...

Whatever wyvern you choose, you will be immune to that type's breath attacks. 

Fire wyvern is great for Extinction, for the sole fact that you are immune to all the other wyvern's breath attacks, as they are all corrupted fire.

Otherwise, I take a mix of Fire and Lightning depending on the situation.

Lightning is great for ranged damage when you have a good aim, best DPS. Fire is good for shorter range, but less aiming required to ensure a hit, and DOT keeps hitting them after the attack. Both do great damage. Mine do over 1,000 per bite, and even more with breath attacks. Poison I only use as a weight carrier as I am in PvE; their breath attack is pointless if not on PvP. As for Ice, I don't even bother to use it.

Lightning  Wyverns are probably my favorite, but it appears nobody like ice, they can be pretty handy at times. We were raiding a big base and the had tilts or Dino’s so I just froze them and we pulled of the raid because the breath attack does damage too. I could have you a lightning Wyvern to knock them out but that wouldn’t have been as fun

For me, Lightning Wyverns are definitely the strongest and deal the most damage. I use Fire Wyverns on Rag if there are Fire Wyverns flying about so that I can just tank and not take damage whilst tribemate flies in and steals the eggs and kills the Fire Wyvern so that is a useful tactic.

Posion is pure PvP and I usually turn ours in carriers and put stam/weight into them.

Ice look lovely and can be useful when trying to slow Wyverns and again, allowing Tribemate to steal in and get the eggs.

They all have their uses, but Lightning would be my go to and priority Wyvern.

23 hours ago, LegionD35 said:

One thing I can add to this that nobody else has mentioned...

Whatever wyvern you choose, you will be immune to that type's breath attacks. 

Fire wyvern is great for Extinction, for the sole fact that you are immune to all the other wyvern's breath attacks, as they are all corrupted fire.

Those 2 things are the most important part about Wyverns imo, i would also not want to fight a Alpha Wyvern with a Lightning Wyvern since the Alpha is always a Fire Wyvern.

Archived