So who is moving to Atlas?

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

So after the announcement of Atlas it is only normal that some player have actually enraged due to the fact that they have spliced the Ark team in 2 for the development of Atlas. 

At the moment if we are talking about Ark Survival Evolved official Servers are still unstable on the NEW DLC servers (extinction official servers), new gameplay are still glitching or causing crashing problems, and last but not least the develpment team has been very slow to fix game core issues with new DLC. 

Not to mentioned that out of deperation to retain some people on Extinction they have Announced yet again the possible release of S+. Which if people don't remember it was announced 2 years ago. One thing that i think will get mad some players is the fact that Atlas will on release have S+ and everything that was promised to be on ark that never was. 

So my question is, are you moving to Atlas? 

I am not. But i am curious if you guys want to give WildCard another chance. Also curious if people might want to hold of that purshase until Ark has its core components fixed. 

At the moment speaking about official the core game is still missing a lot of things to be fixed that has taken years to do.

Things like the kibble tree. Reworking map areas to add killzones to stop undermapsurffing, and some tools that allows cheating.

So will you buy another 100gb game that could potentially have these same issues?

Just curious what are the ARk "official gaming Community " thinks. I know people who own private servers don't care about these things so this question is not directed at people who play solo or "private/rented" gamers. 

I've been playing on PVP official servers since ark came out. Wildcard has made a lot of money with their dlc releases and I wouldn't be surprised if they invested most of that money into making ATLAS. When you look at Extinction and how hyped it was but when it came out was kind of a flop in terms of game balance and stability. They clearly directed the least amount of money they could into developing Extinction. Also with adding titans, it really seems like they are giving players and easy way to wipe any base because they know ark cant really go any further and wanted people to have a fun (or not fun lmao) way to end their ark career. The ark we play now is still built on an only 2015 model that is very polished looking on the top but the bottom is still a dirty mess that is hard to fix. Most problems ark has nowadays are still due to old programming and map designs that do not fulfill their purpose for 2018 ark. 

All that to say that I think that ATLAS has had alot of money poured into it so there is good chance that it will be a good game. I mean they got their trailer in the 2018 game awards... If Wildcard takes everything they learned from ark and carries it over to Grapeshot,  the game could be well made. After reading the description of the game on Steam, I will say the ideas are very ambitious and, if pulled off correctly, are very promising. I will be buying ATLAS for sure. I have high hopes for this game and I hope it is not a lagfest of glitches and dupes and underwater meshing and ddos ghosting cancer hole that ark once was. Lmao i got a bit carried away but this is my opinion.

Guest chancho33015
6 hours ago, Goatius said:

I've been playing on PVP official servers since ark came out. Wildcard has made a lot of money with their dlc releases and I wouldn't be surprised if they invested most of that money into making ATLAS. When you look at Extinction and how hyped it was but when it came out was kind of a flop in terms of game balance and stability. They clearly directed the least amount of money they could into developing Extinction. Also with adding titans, it really seems like they are giving players and easy way to wipe any base because they know ark cant really go any further and wanted people to have a fun (or not fun lmao) way to end their ark career. The ark we play now is still built on an only 2015 model that is very polished looking on the top but the bottom is still a dirty mess that is hard to fix. Most problems ark has nowadays are still due to old programming and map designs that do not fulfill their purpose for 2018 ark. 

All that to say that I think that ATLAS has had alot of money poured into it so there is good chance that it will be a good game. I mean they got their trailer in the 2018 game awards... If Wildcard takes everything they learned from ark and carries it over to Grapeshot,  the game could be well made. After reading the description of the game on Steam, I will say the ideas are very ambitious and, if pulled off correctly, are very promising. I will be buying ATLAS for sure. I have high hopes for this game and I hope it is not a lagfest of glitches and dupes and underwater meshing and ddos ghosting cancer hole that ark once was. Lmao i got a bit carried away but this is my opinion.

opinion respected ? is ok to have faith lol

Guest chancho33015
7 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

As usual, the most enraged customers are the least informed.

I won't be "moving to" it, but I'll definitely play it. 

well, dont think it is fair that people enraged are less informed. but ok.

I guess after 2 DLCs  and a core game that runs halve way...i guess it is ok to  say its good lol according to that logic lol but, not saying atlas is bad. can be a good game...but, knowing wildcard or whatever they are calling themselves there in that other studio...they will be wildcard nonetheless. 

3 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

well, dont think it is fair that people enraged are less informed. but ok.

I guess after 2 DLCs  and a core game that runs halve way...i guess it is ok to  say its good lol according to that logic lol but, not saying atlas is bad. can be a good game...but, knowing wildcard or whatever they are calling themselves there in that other studio...they will be wildcard nonetheless. 

I'm not saying that all enraged people are uninformed. I'm saying that on this forum usually the most enraged are the most uninformed. For example, there have been 3 DLCs.

I don't like paying for the same content over and over. I didn't buy ArkPark, I didn't buy Dark and Light, I didn't buy PixArk and I for sure as hell won't be buying Atlas. 

Why? Well because I think purchasing this game blindly would be a poor investment. I also haven't seen enough to make me want to buy this game. Everything they had said I struggle to believe until I actually see it as I have little faith in Wildcard, Snailgames and any other company connected to them.

Oh, and I saw the trailer. All I saw was reskinned creatures and a few interesting things (such as ships, ocean physics, water bosses) which I imagine could easy be implemented into current Ark via mod. The megalodons model was altered slightly into a hammerhead shark. The hydra greatly resembles  the model from snailgames Dark and Light. The cyclops also resembles the one from dark and light. There is also a reskinned rock elemental from Ark. The fire elemental next to the rock elemental in the trailer is a clear reskin of the one in dark and light also. Then there is everything they were too lazy to change in this game.

I genuinely feel like they are just getting lazy at this point and want to milk easy money. To me Atlas looks just like all the other Ark clones that came before it (ArkPark, Dark and Light, PixArk). I do not care for reskins. I do not care for buying content I already purchased. From watching the trailer I did not get the impression of a new game. Once it releases and I see actual gameplay maybe I might change my mind... but do I want to buy it on release? No thank you.

If you are willing to splash about £20-$30 on this game feel free. I just ask that you wait to see the true state of this game before you decide to buy or not. It may flop very much like the clone attempts before it. Also keep in mind that the current state of Ark is not in a very good place right now after 3 years of development. Even if Atlas becomes popular it may end up suffering the exact same issues Ark does. Do you think they are willing to fix issues if they can't even be bothered to invest time into brand new content such as creatures for their new game?? To me it all seems like it's rushed with quantity over quality. So yeah, I imagine this game will fair rather poorly in all honesty.

Without actually knowing if Atlas will be a real MMO with expected MMO systems instead of just a reskinned Ark that has seemless server transfers, it's hard to say for me if I will buy.

Can you imagine global chat from Ark with 40k players?

I am one of those who plays private servers instead of official. So to me Atlas kinda has a stigma of being like Ark but being forced to play official servers. While there are Unofficial servers, they probably will not be anything like the MMO experience of official servers.

I just hope Wildcard/Grapeshot succeeded at creating an official game world that will be enjoyable for everyone. Official servers will need populations to really succeed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not. I'm hoping that with this "final" expansion that the focus will shift to smaller dlc, more mod support, and more official server support for mod maps. While I like Pirate times, I'm glad I bought this game when it was on sale- it still feels like a unity/unreal steam early access title. They'd have to have improved a lot with this new one for me to consider shifting over.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived