How should Titans work?

Magueule

From patchnote on PS4:

"these tames are temporary and will starve to death after about 1 day (around 24 hours) once tamed.
Titans tame time - reduced to 1~ day tame same server
Health regen turned off after 1 hour post tame "

If i understand correctly, they are not supposed to be permanent (1 day more or less).

They are starving, can we feed them?

There is a cooldown, preventing poeple to continuously tame the same titan.

If i am right, so why on server, tribes have titans for weeks now?

Honestly, we shouldn't be able to transfer the titans off extinction. If they really need to be transferred, leave them to be transferred between extinction servers and no others.  If you don't have a titan, you're nothing. The defense to titans is supposed to be the Mek, but people can't get there or build them if the titans eat them before they can do anything to either get the Tek Engrams Wild Card put behind he boss wall, or get the materials and items needed to build a replicator . This DLC was poorly tested. The first titan was slow and cumbersome. these things can fly, jump, and reach. I mean you can spawn a flying titan on aberration, where they wouldn't let us take flyers to begin with. I want to know what the player numbers are at the end of December.

6 hours ago, Dimes970 said:

The first titan was slow and cumbersome

The Titanosaur? That's because it's a simple Sauropod. It doesn't have huge beefy arms and legs for jumping, or wings for flying. It isn't capable of making huge roots come out of its hand. And, it's smaller than these three. The titanosaur isn't comparable to the Titans in almost any aspect. 

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

The Titanosaur? That's because it's a simple Sauropod. It doesn't have huge beefy arms and legs for jumping, or wings for flying. It isn't capable of making huge roots come out of its hand. And, it's smaller than these three. The titanosaur isn't comparable to the Titans in almost any aspect. 

Yea I know, that's part of the point. The Titanosaur is a balanced titan. These new ones are beyond dealing with for the majority of players, even most alphas. Every server I have been on these things just destroy everything in their path. These things are the Ark equivalent to the Thanos Snap.

4 minutes ago, Dimes970 said:

Yea I know, that's part of the point. The Titanosaur is a balanced titan. These new ones are beyond dealing with for the majority of players, even most alphas. Every server I have been on these things just destroy everything in their path. These things are the Ark equivalent to the Thanos Snap.

The Titanosaur was largely underpowered upon release. It has really only received buffs as it has gone through the game, and it still isn't all that good. Underpowered doesn't mean balanced. Like the absence of the tail sweep attack.

Just now, Qwertymine said:

The Titanosaur was largely underpowered upon release. It has really only received buffs as it has gone through the game, and it still isn't all that good. Underpowered doesn't mean balanced. Like the absence of the tail sweep attack.

I've ridden that thing, it doesn't need it. The titan shouldn't be something you must have. The fact it is what it is makes it balanced. Do a lot of things in this game need to be reworked, yes they do. But that titan should have been their base line, not the flying, jumping, reaching, rooting, world enders these new ones are, especially when the counter to them is something that takes so much time to lead into and make compared to taming them. Oh and its not like the alphas don't have the caves to tame them blocked off on their servers with turrets, velonasaurs and tek gates.

3 hours ago, Dimes970 said:

I've ridden that thing, it doesn't need it

Ridding a Titanosaur and utilizing a Titanosaur are two different things. Anyone can ride a Titano and think its in a perfectly good spot, but do you really understand the creature? Titanos aren't immune to bleed, making their large healthpool trivia against wild and tamed Allos or wild Gigas. They have no way of defending themselves from attacks on the tail, which just so happens to be in prime biting range of a Giga. Wyverns absolutely poop on Titans, and their speed nerf a while back was completely unneeded. The Titano is harder to tame than any of the three Titans, and yet does everything worse than them.

The Titano is to be treated as something completely different from the Titans. It has no special superpowers, it's just a Bronto on roids. It's easily one of the most underutilized creatures in the game, and loses out to all the Titans because they are simply better. 

BUT

That's not because the Titans are overpowered. They are in a completely different league. Rather than drag them down to the abysmal level of the Titanosaur, make the Titans balanced in their own right. For instance, as you said, no non-Extinction transfering. The only creature that stands any chance against the Titans is the Titanosaur itself, and as I said, it still doesn't compete. Not everyone has the DLC, and thus not everyone has the Mechs to defend against Titans. 

Titans are easily the biggest creatures in the game. They are supposed to be powerful and hard to beat. That's their gimmick. 

Some changes to the whole obtaining of these things could be:

1. No building in their caves or the cave entrances

2. Harder caves, as they are all pretty trivial

3. Harder Titan taming: Things like more node health, better Titan AI, or some other method

4. More environmental hazards during the fights. The Titan fights have zero heat or cold factor due to the environment they are in. I can easily traverse either the Snow or Desert biome with cloth armor and some fortitude. Maybe the Titans should cause storms, like a toned down Sandstorm, Blizzard, and Earthquake to increase difficulty.

I will agree, the Titans are strong, and there isn't much outside of another Titan that can take them down, but I don't think that's their fault. There's simply no support for the defense situation. It's hard to have a Titan patrol an area because of their size, making them an easy target, whereas an attacking Titan can easily advance towards its desired target. Perhaps a ATT(Anti-Titan Turret) with the range and power to take these Titans down(While being balanced toward other creatures) could be implemented. 

Sorry, that was a lot. My bottom line is, the Titano can't be the baseline for the Titans, or it would hurt they uniqueness and usability. Rather than nerf the Titans, which are the result of many problems with the game, deal with the problems, then see where the Titans are after that. If their obtain-ability is directly nerfed, and defensive options against them are added, but they continue to be a problem, then nerf them. But right now, we don't have any of that, and thus that's why I don't think they should be nerfed. They just need to be put into a different circumstance.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, Qwertymine said:

Ridding a Titanosaur and utilizing a Titanosaur are two different things. Anyone can ride a Titano and think its in a perfectly good spot, but do you really understand the creature? Titanos aren't immune to bleed, making their large healthpool trivia against wild and tamed Allos or wild Gigas. They have no way of defending themselves from attacks on the tail, which just so happens to be in prime biting range of a Giga. Wyverns absolutely poop on Titans, and their speed nerf a while back was completely unneeded. The Titano is harder to tame than any of the three Titans, and yet does everything worse than them.

The Titano is to be treated as something completely different from the Titans. It has no special superpowers, it's just a Bronto on roids. It's easily one of the most underutilized creatures in the game, and loses out to all the Titans because they are simply better. 

BUT

That's not because the Titans are overpowered. They are in a completely different league. Rather than drag them down to the abysmal level of the Titanosaur, make the Titans balanced in their own right. For instance, as you said, no non-Extinction transfering. The only creature that stands any chance against the Titans is the Titanosaur itself, and as I said, it still doesn't compete. Not everyone has the DLC, and thus not everyone has the Mechs to defend against Titans. 

Titans are easily the biggest creatures in the game. They are supposed to be powerful and hard to beat. That's their gimmick. 

Some changes to the whole obtaining of these things could be:

1. No building in their caves or the cave entrances

2. Harder caves, as they are all pretty trivial

3. Harder Titan taming: Things like more node health, better Titan AI, or some other method

4. More environmental hazards during the fights. The Titan fights have zero heat or cold factor due to the environment they are in. I can easily traverse either the Snow or Desert biome with cloth armor and some fortitude. Maybe the Titans should cause storms, like a toned down Sandstorm, Blizzard, and Earthquake to increase difficulty.

I will agree, the Titans are strong, and there isn't much outside of another Titan that can take them down, but I don't think that's their fault. There's simply no support for the defense situation. It's hard to have a Titan patrol an area because of their size, making them an easy target, whereas an attacking Titan can easily advance towards its desired target. Perhaps a ATT(Anti-Titan Turret) with the range and power to take these Titans down(While being balanced toward other creatures) could be implemented. 

Sorry, that was a lot. My bottom line is, the Titano can't be the baseline for the Titans, or it would hurt they uniqueness and usability. Rather than nerf the Titans, which are the result of many problems with the game, deal with the problems, then see where the Titans are after that. If their obtain-ability is directly nerfed, and defensive options against them are added, but they continue to be a problem, then nerf them. But right now, we don't have any of that, and thus that's why I don't think they should be nerfed. They just need to be put into a different circumstance.

I agree with everything you said about balancing the titans. But, you are just splitting hairs on riding and using the titan.

Make the saddle cost materials. Titanosaur resources plus 200 element seems fair.

Remove the assistance for taming titans. Forest wyverns are aggressive to players. The lightning doesnt damage corruption nodes. 

Make corruption only damage able by tek weaponry and give them a larger hitbox. You'll have to lead the shots for corruption quite a bit more if you have to use tek rifles or mek cannons.

Just a few ideas to make them slightly less accessible. Accessibility is good on paper, giving small tribes a chance to fight alphas, but an alpha/mega can easily block an entire extinction server for titan taming.

Archived