mutation Mutation questions

PrirodaWw

Thanks in advance for reading, I'll try to make myself as clear as possible.
I've done lots of mutation research but struggling to find everything I need answered. 
I'll write below what I think happens and if someone can tell me if it's true or false I'd appreciate it :) 

1. So I have male and female wild tamed/gen 1 Velonasaur's.

2. I breed them. They have a female baby with 0/20 on the matrilineal side and 1/20 muts on the patrilineal side.

3. I breed that female with a male who has no muts, they have a male baby, so he'll have 1/20 on the matrilineal side and 0/20 on the patrilineal side?

4. If I breed that new male with the 0/20 | 1/20 mutated female (his mother), they will have a baby with 1/20 on both matrilineal and patrilineal sides (1/20 | 1/20)? So the one mutation takes up 2 mutation slots?

5. if I then breed the male Velo that has 1/20 | 1/20 muts with a female who has the same 1/20 | 1/20 muts, will their baby come out with 2/20 | 2/20? So the one mutation then takes up 4/40 mutation slots?

So in short what I'm asking is: With enough breeding, can a single mutation eventually take up all 40 mutation slots? 

Hi, I'm new here and trying to wrap my head around mutation stacking. Are you guys saying:

If I had a Female 3/0 and mated it to a male 3/0 (incest for the win-cest). I'd get a baby with 3/3. Do those mutations all stack so I'd actually have 6x mutations, or am I wasting the offspring because it just has the 3x stack reported twice in both lineages? (example in stats 158 is 3x mutation from a base stat of 152 (152+2+2+2), would a 3/3 (6x) then be 164? or stay 158?)

Then could I "clean" this lineage by mating a 3/3 to a 0/0 and have a 6/0 or 0/6

Oh I should mention, I am approaching this from a breeding pair with exact same stats (to start with). then breeding mutant females to clean (0/0) male.

Mutation Counter != Mutation Points
When a Mutation happens the Points of one stat get increased by 2 and the Counter gets increased by 1. After this both stats are tracked without relation. The game does not remember if certain stat-points came from the wild or if they have mutations in them. As a result breeding 2 animals with 3 mutation points together will always result in an animal with 6 mutation points (3/3) but the stats are only a mixture of the parents. If the fater has 40 wild + 2 mutation points in a stat and the mother has 30 wild + 2 mutation points in the same stat the child can only have 40+2 or 30+2 points and not 40+4/30+4 (unless a new mutation happens of course). Also you can not decrease the mutation counter on a dino. Its impossible - children always get the sum of both parents mutation points. For your example breeding a 3/3 (= 6 mut points) with a 0/0 (= 0 mut points) will always result in a child with 6 mutation points no matter what.

Tanks for the reply Campi. I tested it myself last night and was disappointed.

So my current program remains the same. Keep breeding mutated females to my 0/0 male (both the original female and this breeding male had the exact same stats). I'm on 3/0 now and my breeding female is +6 levels over the male (to be expected). The level disparity is kinda frustrating, but I understand that this method keeps me progressing (slowly). Looking for that +8 level female with the good stats ;)

So far I have 2 stam and 1 melee, I like where it's going. Color-wise I am getting the same 2 skins over and over (basically). 

Archived